What's new

If you could go anywhere...Where would you live?

johnny54

been living on the caribbean coast of Mexico aka paradise for the past few months, life is good yet I still find myself yearning for "home"...

M

MsSweetPea

I live on the east coast, about 40* north. I like the weather, the climate and all, but it's getting really crowded here. Too many people. I'd like to live a little further west, but I'd want my entire extended family with me. :ying:

B

BrnCow

I live on the east coast, about 40* north. I like the weather, the climate and all, but it's getting really crowded here. Too many people. I'd like to live a little further west, but I'd want my entire extended family with me. :ying:

Beverly hillbillies? lol...sorry...couldn't resist...that's what my family would look like...lol

I POSTed before about going to Belize. I just read all about it. FUCK THAT!!! Almost anywhere but there. if you know anything about the Virgin Islands, Belize is just like that! NO WAY JOSE'! Puerto Rico was bad enough, but a zillion miles better than either of those places. I would go back to PR. just not around San Juan. Still almost the third world tho. I would pick Rincon, or maybe the island of Viequas. but probably not since i was only there a day and not long enuf to know enuf to move there. after my post about Oz got a reply from Bulgaria, that sounds kinda Hot! but i no speaka da lingo. Even in PR i dont speak spanish, so i will have to go with Brisbane and points north, esp Cairns.

Green Fool

Somewhere in South America. Many great places to chose from: Guatemala, Colombia, Peru, Ecudor, Bolivia. Costs of living are cheap, weather is great and so is nature. Language ok and politics on MJ up to change for the better.

Peace

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I've been thinking of selling out up here in northern Minnesota and moving to southern Colorado where the winter weather's more tolerable; a friend who's just recently moved down there tells me he's already had 2 rattle snakes in his yard, my dogs are my family, I couldn't stand the thought of losing one to a snake bite. Here in the northern part of MN we have no poisonous snakes and the 2 types of rattlers MN does have are rare found only in the southeastern part of the state.

There's a couple of types of rattlers that are actually aggressive, if you're within 10 feet or so they'll come after pets, humans, whatever they consider a threat, ummm, fuck that. Pets can be vaccinated w/the anti-venom as a preventative measure but it's effective for several varieties of rattler & then not for others, a crap shoot @ best.

Next issue is water, where I am now I have the very best well water imaginable, it's only fault is that it's slightly hard, high in calcium but easy to filter by RO or just enjoying straight from the tap. It runs cold @ about 55F and has zero smell or flavor often associated with well water, it also has very little iron so the porcelain toilets and sinks don't turn orange. My 4 inch deep well is 66' down and what we call surface water can be found @ only 12' down and accessible w/a common 1.5 inch sand point well, easily pounded by hand w/the proper tools.

The water in Colorado is either city supplied (no thanks I'm a country boy by now) or by deep well @ depths of 1200-1500', drilling costs are close to $20 per ft, that's 30K if your well runs dry or starts running methane water common to the region w/oil fracking going on even many miles away.

My crib is already paid for 100% and everybody up here already hates me so I won't have to bother making a bunch of new enemies, I think I've found nirvana.......

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I POSTed before about going to Belize. I just read all about it. FUCK THAT!!! Almost anywhere but there. if you know anything about the Virgin Islands, Belize is just like that! NO WAY JOSE'! Puerto Rico was bad enough, but a zillion miles better than either of those places. I would go back to PR. just not around San Juan. Still almost the third world tho. I would pick Rincon, or maybe the island of Viequas. but probably not since i was only there a day and not long enuf to know enuf to move there. after my post about Oz got a reply from Bulgaria, that sounds kinda Hot! but i no speaka da lingo. Even in PR i dont speak spanish, so i will have to go with Brisbane and points north, esp Cairns.

If you go to Cairns go to Daintree rain forest north of Port Douglas....where rainforest meets the reef.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i want to go where i can grow enough for myself & friends, & make enough finger hash to get me through the winter...gotta have snow.

S.E. ALASKA
Spent a summer at Cape Yakataga when I was 14. Absolute Heaven! Population in the summer-35, winter-4. Swimmin' in the tidal pools, camping where the tree-line met the muskeg, caught arm-long cut-throat on a BARE egg hook from a four foot wide crik. Panned over an ounce in six hours, shot a sow griz at the dump. That was 50 yrs. ago but I bet it hasn't changed that much. Great country, just you 'n nature.

badmf

I've been thinking of selling out up here in northern Minnesota and moving to southern Colorado where the winter weather's more tolerable; a friend who's just recently moved down there tells me he's already had 2 rattle snakes in his yard, my dogs are my family, I couldn't stand the thought of losing one to a snake bite. Here in the northern part of MN we have no poisonous snakes and the 2 types of rattlers MN does have are rare found only in the southeastern part of the state.

There's a couple of types of rattlers that are actually aggressive, if you're within 10 feet or so they'll come after pets, humans, whatever they consider a threat, ummm, fuck that. Pets can be vaccinated w/the anti-venom as a preventative measure but it's effective for several varieties of rattler & then not for others, a crap shoot @ best.

Next issue is water, where I am now I have the very best well water imaginable, it's only fault is that it's slightly hard, high in calcium but easy to filter by RO or just enjoying straight from the tap. It runs cold @ about 55F and has zero smell or flavor often associated with well water, it also has very little iron so the porcelain toilets and sinks don't turn orange. My 4 inch deep well is 66' down and what we call surface water can be found @ only 12' down and accessible w/a common 1.5 inch sand point well, easily pounded by hand w/the proper tools.

The water in Colorado is either city supplied (no thanks I'm a country boy by now) or by deep well @ depths of 1200-1500', drilling costs are close to $20 per ft, that's 30K if your well runs dry or starts running methane water common to the region w/oil fracking going on even many miles away.

My crib is already paid for 100% and everybody up here already hates me so I won't have to bother making a bunch of new enemies, I think I've found nirvana.......

dCheck out a product called snake away it works by distrubing their Gordons gland, google it. Surround an area and no snakes.
BTW I would be in Hawaii with a boat. Maybe see yas if things go right.

justpassnthru

Veteran
If, I couldn't be where I am, I'd choose,
Hawaii..land of peace, pot and pineapple! Yum!
Breckenridge, CO in the summer..(we can have 2, right?) jpt

There will be dog trainers in Colo. that will teach the dogs to stay away from rattlers. Training & vaccinations are the way I'd go if I were still going into the mountains to prospect & taking the dog(s) along.
Here in Northern Ca. we have the same
rattler issues & the same solutions.
Cheers:biggrin:

Easygrowing

Veteran
Austrailien ! im convict of it,s a very pleasent people-wiyhout i have been there-to me they looks like very kind ppl-then i see something,from those land.Or Michigan-Ohio-Oregon-have forgot the last US country hmm-those names just sounds great i think-and great nature tv shows-think Ohio is in town-cant geograpi nope : ) but sounds just great says ohio..or sweden-mini Australien or mini US-those nature again-but i am overthere,sometimes-but-not living there : ) a pisky Dane.there cant complaine.Or mabye Nepal ! but dont like heat-so stay home.I guess.It,s Arizona yes-have watch him the surviverman-who has to go through the desert-thats looks rough-just me-but hate the heat-so prob there.hm.LA to much noise im sure about...
Home sweet home-Alabama--the song-he he
Npe-On Hugo,s Terrace-in Fremont-Cali,,,and if earthqouake-i take one of Hugo,s kayaks-and will live on malibu.then closed 2 the water-then over-in again.yes-in dreams-hmm..2 hot in Ca i guess..like winters.

Last edited:

TURBD

My search would go
1. Slack weed laws
2. Good fishing,golf,dirtbikes,racetracks,oceans,mountains

Girls are everywhere. They love to party no matter the city.
Don't pick a place just based on that.
Pick a place that has the things you like to do, or want to do.
Changing seasons keeps shit fresh.
If its a hot climate there's freak storms hurricanes and shit.
Cali has earthquakes.
Canada has mandatory mins now so 5 plants or less only. Unless you get a card.
Pros and cons to everyplace really.
Good luck on whatever you choose.