If the button is pressed ?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The EU is Deep State puppets.

Explain what you mean by that? (don't just post a video) - because it sounds like another dumb conspiracy theory to me..... Last i looked the EU was a trading bloc and there has (mostly) been no war in Europe since it was started as a peace project after the second world war, and that is the longest period of peace that we have ever had in Europe. Ukraine wasn't joining nato or the EU any time soon.... but now Putin has invaded all of the former soviet countries are desperate to join the EU and have asked to do so in recent days. The OAP's might look back with nostalgia at russian dictatorship but all the rest of the people want democracy and self determination - freedom basically (something you clearly don't value enough).
Russia just put an emergency law in place to jail people for up to 15 years for reporting news that contradicts their propaganda. Like i said before the west is shitty and corrupt but there is no equivalence to what Putin is doing.

VG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

St. Phatty

I'd take my chances with a bit of Western corruption if the alternative is being ruled by a brutal dictator thanks all the same. You Trump fans getting all turned on by Putin because he is 'strong' is tragic. Europe is pretty much completely united in abhorrence for what Putin is doing and that doesn't happen very often.

VG

Everybody in the US is ruled by the most brutal & blood thirsty of dictators, though it's more of a Committee.

Putin knows this and simply doesn't want the US on his borders - a very smart move.

In the background, he has been asking the US and its proxies to move out of Ukraine for 7+ years.

In some cases, that has become a Hot War, e.g. Israel had a military base or stockpile in Southern Ukraine, and Russia simply blew it up about 5 years ago.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everybody in the US is ruled by the most brutal & blood thirsty of dictators, though it's more of a Committee.

I have plenty of distaste for the West and the actions of the West, including the US... but your statement is utter horseshit. You are relatively free... much more so than the people of Russia under Putin. Putin wants to rebuild the Soviet Union but those countries of Easten Europe don't want that, they want freedom , even if it is relative freedom and not perfect. They (unlike you) have experienced the alternative.. or their parents have.

VG

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
This is what the whole thing is about, to bring such terror to the public they demand that nuclear weapons' be never used again.

Are we at the precipice yet?

I think the water will be running down the other side of this shed.
Had the Ukraine kept their bombs, it's conceivable that Russia would of kept away. Any other outcome is looking good right now. It's almost like we should give the next country in line some bombs, so they can have the choice to hit back. I'm not sure why we can give Ukraine all this other kit, but not the ultimate deterrent. They are only defending right now. Aware that Russia can just wipe them out with little risk to themselves. Which is why Russia are confident they will win. Unmatched abilities.
I think the superpowers are happier for Ukraine to fall, than see the mushroom dust going up. Ultimately people will think of themselves. This war has started now, but big missiles are a great deterrent before things kick off. Literally the only reason we are not on the ground helping. Them bombs are our only worry.

Something is missing here. Why, like Russia, have we not called in a hit squad from no particular place. Why is Putin still in power. Where are the black ops

h.h.

Veteran
The EU is Deep State puppets. NATO is Deep State army. You won't destroy Russia but Ukraine being part of the EU or NATO will destroy Ukraine AND EU and NATO. If the EU wants to defend themselves against an evil dictator then they should not be tying the noose of Russian energy around their neck. As it is with the EU Russian imports and the US Russian imports, we are financing the war for Russia.

Many tax dollars from the USA go to Ukraine and many US politicians and families financially benefit from that.

This is also being used to raise gas prices astronomically high by both 'sides' in the US. One wants to highlight inflationary cost to Americans and foreign reliance of fuel, the other side wants to eliminate fossil fuels and figure to drive you out of your car into an electric one.

The Last President proved the first part.

The last president was full of shit.
We are not financing their war through oil imports. That is pure horseshit. Brought to you by Fox and their idiots. Repeated by minions. With sanctions, they have no place to spend the money. In time of war, I’d rather have the oil.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"getting to the target" is the function of the aircraft/pilot. a certain % will not make it, depending on anti-aircraft defenses involved. accuracy is not as critical using thermonuclear weapons either. "in the ballpark" would probably work...

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When he takes Ukraine,,
He’s not stopping there,,,
Covid,,Pitting countryman against countryman even Brexit has combined to make the perfect storm for Putin to kick off,,,,
He wants war and it’s become clearer. that at some point he’s gonna get a bloody huge one,,
Will he use nukes is the question I guess,,,
If the Home Guard is brought back,,,who’s joining Dads Army in the U.K. ?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
If it happens - Dads and Mums and kids in England will feel no pain - since we will be probably be amongst the first to get vaporized by some missiles from a Russian sub in the North Sea - I wonder how many mega-tons of nuclear weapons are pointed at us right now? - in London it'll all be over in a matter of seconds or even less - once we are hit -

Would be great to have some sort of opportunity to fight back - as in how they did in WW2 - as in a Dads Army - I'd happily take up a weapon to prevent some sort of invasion - to protect and fight for my family and nation - What would there be to invade once the UK has been turned into a radioactive wasteland ?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it happens - Dads and Mums and kids in England will feel no pain - since we will be probably be amongst the first to get vaporized by some missiles from a Russian sub in the North Sea - I wonder how many mega-tons of nuclear weapons are pointed at us right now? - in London it'll all be over in a matter of seconds or even less - once we are hit -

Would be great to have some sort of opportunity to fight back - as in how they did in WW2 - as in a Dads Army - I'd happily take up a weapon to prevent some sort of invasion - to protect and fight for my family and nation - What would there be to invade once the UK has been turned into a radioactive wasteland ?

I’m maybe wrongly assuming that he’s such a macho prick that he might “ enjoy” a proper boots on the ground, ,street fighting up Piccadilly, Westminster, etc,etc War,,,,,
Dog fighting in the skies.over the Channel
Take the nukes of the table and then “ all is fair” in “ love and war” as ridiculous as that sounds,,,
If it come to it then there be queues miles long to join “ Dads Army”,,,

Absolem

Putin knows his military is a joke. He wouldn't be dumb enough to use a nuke and be known as the Russian leader who ended up destroying Russia. Just looking at military budgets the US dwarfs Russia's and I would bet our technology advantage is much the same. There are radiation sensors all throughout Europe that can detect uranium or plutonium. Uranium and plutonium each have their own "finger print" where it's made. It's the main reason countries with nukes don't sell uranium or plutonium to terrorists. Once detonated it's a instant identification to it's origin country. When that is found out that country would be glass. 10 years ago the US was listening to bin laden's conversations by the vibrations coming off the glass windows where he was living.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_4.png Views:	0 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	18089843

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Perhaps Putin is terminally I'll - and it's just a matter of a short time before he dies of whatever it is he has? - and like a cornered rat - he will go with all he has to try and rip the jugular vein out of what most irks him - since he is doomed anyway - and that is the Western Alliance - from what I can gather - he has more nuclear warheads ready to fly than the USA has - and maybe thinks that if he is going to die - then he's going to take the rest of the world with him - some sort of death wish capability - which he certainly has the ability to make happen -

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Is this the legacy a dieing man would want to leave? I am sure the relations between the west and russia will take a long time to be amiable again.. well unless whoever comes after continues this fight in which case it would be a terrible legacy to leave, that of starting a neverending war. Or a war that has the potential of ending our "world".
Maybe he has or thinks he has an advantage of some kind? For sure he seems to be calm in continuing this, even after all the sanctions. So.. mad.. or calculated?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Originally posted by Microbeman View Post
A huge error will be made if UK, France, Germany, Spain et al (and Israel for their know how) do not move on Moscow right now.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen you post.

Let's see if I can beat it. A bunch of Canadian truckers who are vets from Afghanistan (some primo snipers) flew into Poland and crossed the border to fight the Putin slugs. A bunch of Americans too. Must be pussy lefties eh?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Perhaps Putin is terminally I'll - and it's just a matter of a short time before he dies of whatever it is he has? - and like a cornered rat - he will go with all he has to try and rip the jugular vein out of what most irks him - since he is doomed anyway - and that is the Western Alliance - from what I can gather - he has more nuclear warheads ready to fly than the USA has - and maybe thinks that if he is going to die - then he's going to take the rest of the world with him - some sort of death wish capability - which he certainly has the ability to make happen -

Scary shit right? That one man has that much power. The dream of Trump supporters ... of course

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Originally posted by Microbeman View Post
A huge error will be made if UK, France, Germany, Spain et al (and Israel for their know how) do not move on Moscow right now.

Let's see if I can beat it. A bunch of Canadian truckers who are vets from Afghanistan (some primo snipers) flew into Poland and crossed the border to fight the Putin slugs. A bunch of Americans too. Must be pussy lefties eh?

Our Government is supporting people to go and fight but would like only ex military or weapons trained people to go,,
News on tv here with guys going in visa Poland iirc,,
I imagine this happening all over and another reason for things to get “ messy”,,,s2