What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If the button is pressed ?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now Macron has just said that much worse is coming for Ukraine after a call with Putin ,,
Calls for boots on the ground and reading that if Russia launched ?, that it’s likely to be in the North Sea and somewhere between Denmark and The U.K. ,,,,,it’s vagueness was alarming,,,,could be bollocks,,
If Genocide become “ proven “ in the next few weeks or months then it’s gonna be off if not before then,,
I have no military experience and don’t know very much about nuclear warfare,,,,
When this lunatic threatened basically the whole world ,,,should anybody get involved and I looked at his face and
thought this bastard is up for WW3,,,,,
Could part of the U.K. or parts of the EU be taken out in an act of vengeance for whatever reasons? Or will the early warning systems stop it?,,
Our government seemingly supporting people to go fight in the Ukraine is adding fuel to the fire but lots of volunteers from many countries are going out to fight against the invasion,,,,

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
EMPs shuts down everything.Finally you can watch the stars and meanwhile gasping for air, because of the toxic fumes in industrial areas.

moose eater

Sorry mexcurandero,,,,
could you please enlighten me,,,
EMPs,,,?

Electromagnetic Pulse; potentially kills radio frequencies and other electronic function.

Despite the paranoid conspiracy theories put out re. the HAARP Project and 'mind control', and all the other happy horseshit to come from that author (the less-balanced offspring of the Begich family), it's more than probable that the US military's/DoD's interest in studying the effects of lightning strikes in the sub-arctic, via the HAARP Program, has been related to the same parties seeking a better understanding of, and ability to overcome the potentially crippling nature of EMP during a nuclear exchange.

Hempy McNoodle

7dtuzMzQlDex.png

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Electromagnetic Pulse; potentially kills radio frequencies and other electronic function.

Despite the paranoid conspiracy theories put out re. the HAARP Project and 'mind control', and all the other happy horseshit to come from that author (the less-balanced offspring of the Begich family), it's more than probable that the US military's/DoD's interest in studying the effects of lightning strikes in the sub-arctic, via the HAARP Program, has been related to the same parties seeking a better understanding of, and ability to overcome the potentially crippling nature of EMP during a nuclear exchange.

Thanks for that moose eater,,,,s2

moose eater

Thanks for that moose eater,,,,s2

You're welcome.

I've known the fellow who was the lead engineer at the HAARP Project; he was there a long time. We've known each other for quite a while now.

The whole array of outcomes that are likely should this go nuclear, quickly results into the issue I've had with old, fat, wealthy, empowered white men who belong to a limited and exclusive club, separated from the plights of their constituents by comfort and power, making the world's future for it. They'll all have a 'safe place' (evidence of delusions, anyone?) to retreat to, with treated air, long-term nitrogen purged food staples, drinking and cooking H2O in barrels and a safe internal water supply, and some sort of idiotic mirage in their minds about staying alive and procreating until it's safe for the species again.

And as much as that's a lot of them, that group or class, feeding themselves feel-good BS, the rest of the world, civilized and evolved or not, will have to fend for themselves, while the very cause of this BS sits in their protected shelters in the mountain aide.

I'll leave off there, lest I soil your thread with stronger opinions about these P'sOS.

Good luck to you and yours.

If it's any consolation, for many years the batting average for the Star Wars Missile Defense Program (the interceptor missiles the US DoD placed in numerous places, to include Ft. Greely, Alaska, that just -happened- to be capable of carrying nuclear payloads such as MIRVs <not bad for a defensive weapons system, right?>), well, that 'batting average' is pretty dismal, including a long history of faked results, and a LOT of outright failures. They may have come further in recent times, but the period in which I was following such things up here, indicated it was simply another Ronnie Ray-gun/GW Butch fuck up from the get-go.

A fellow who used to do long-term rentals on his cabins up in Interior Alaska, used to knock off a bunch of the rent, and would also let hippie folks build cabins hither and thither on his land, with free rent for a couple years. Needless to say, there was a wide variety of quality in the construction there.

Anyway, each winter, Don would travel the world (the reason for the discounts on winter's rent paid in full in advance), looking for the "safest, best place to survive a nuclear exchange."

His conclusion, the last time we spoke about it, maybe 35 to 40 years ago, was that New Zealand was the place to be in that event; the wind and ocean currents keep secondary contamination further away, there's deep ocean water for less contaminated fish and kelp for lesser contaminated greens, etc., etc.

And unlike us Yanks, you folks have history under the Queen, so you settling into such a place would be easier than it might be for many from elsewhere.

Edit: And the Kiwis tend to piss off fewer people, thus making themselves lesser of an international target, other than for shipping location and a limited number of other natural resources they have less strategic value, and they tend to be generally nice people as a culture (multi-culture).... unless you're the French Secret Service, and it involves the Rainbow Warrior. They do have -some- standards. :)

Last edited:

Brother Nature

His conclusion, the last time we spoke about it, maybe 35 to 40 years ago, was that New Zealand was the place to be in that event; the wind and ocean currents keep secondary contamination further away, there's deep ocean water for less contaminated fish and kelp for lesser contaminated greens, etc., etc.

And unlike us Yanks, you folks have history under the Queen, so you settling into such a place would be easier than it might be for many from elsewhere.

Edit: And the Kiwis tend to piss off fewer people, thus making themselves lesser of an international target, other than for shipping location and a limited number of other natural resources they have less strategic value, and they tend to be generally nice people as a culture (multi-culture).... unless you're the French Secret Service, and it involves the Rainbow Warrior. They do have -some- standards. :)

We also breed our sheep to have wool with nuclear repellent properties.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Trust me. If they drop one in the UK or our waters, we will take them out, no matter the cost to ourselves. We don't hide and we don't run. He might be feeling bullish, but he has to try to do what just comes naturally to us. All the other countries can stay out of it, and just offer us support by blocking his missiles, and after it's done. No need to get involved. Just be there for us later

I'm sorry for the fallout this will cause, but there is no other reply

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

They took a page from Israeli propaganda. Silly little boy if you believe this. Why then did Putin claim they were not going to entire Ukraine....? and then they did. Keep up the stellar 'thinking for yourself'

Before you prattle on, I'm well aware of wagging the dog on each side.

For the morons who call NATO a police activity for Europe...well ya! How many of you lost family in WW2?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're welcome.

I've known the fellow who was the lead engineer at the HAARP Project; he was there a long time. We've known each other for quite a while now.

The whole array of outcomes that are likely should this go nuclear, quickly results into the issue I've had with old, fat, wealthy, empowered white men who belong to a limited and exclusive club, separated from the plights of their constituents by comfort and power, making the world's future for it. They'll all have a 'safe place' (evidence of delusions, anyone?) to retreat to, with treated air, long-term nitrogen purged food staples, drinking and cooking H2O in barrels and a safe internal water supply, and some sort of idiotic mirage in their minds about staying alive and procreating until it's safe for the species again.

And as much as that's a lot of them, that group or class, feeding themselves feel-good BS, the rest of the world, civilized and evolved or not, will have to fend for themselves, while the very cause of this BS sits in their protected shelters in the mountain aide.

I'll leave off there, lest I soil your thread with stronger opinions about these P'sOS.

Good luck to you and yours.

If it's any consolation, for many years the batting average for the Star Wars Missile Defense Program (the interceptor missiles the US DoD placed in numerous places, to include Ft. Greely, Alaska, that just -happened- to be capable of carrying nuclear payloads such as MIRVs <not bad for a defensive weapons system, right?>), well, that 'batting average' is pretty dismal, including a long history of faked results, and a LOT of outright failures. They may have come further in recent times, but the period in which I was following such things up here, indicated it was simply another Ronnie Ray-gun/GW Butch fuck up from the get-go.

A fellow who used to do long-term rentals on his cabins up in Interior Alaska, used to knock off a bunch of the rent, and would also let hippie folks build cabins hither and thither on his land, with free rent for a couple years. Needless to say, there was a wide variety of quality in the construction there.

Anyway, each winter, Don would travel the world (the reason for the discounts on winter's rent paid in full in advance), looking for the "safest, best place to survive a nuclear exchange."

Years ago I evaluated the Monashee Mountain range as one of the safest spots. Thus had 100 acres there with the best water in the world surging from the ground. Alas, nobody believed me and in aging decrepitness, had to leave with no help. My new spot is in The Sierra Madre Occidental.

VenerableHippie

g'day me Cockney cobber ...

I can appreciate how the subject is big in importance where you live. The Lunatic himself lives closer to your place than the furthest extent of the State that I live in down here.
It's times like this that I bless my Father's Notts head for being so far sighted as to get us out of there. I understand little snow now falls where we used to live because of the heat generated by the collection of power stations there.
So you have lots of conveniences in that big city of yours. And lots of Culture as well. Never a dull moment. But gee whizz Mate ... I 'd be thinking of emigrating!

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trust me. If they drop one in the UK or our waters, we will take them out, no matter the cost to ourselves. We don't hide and we don't run. He might be feeling bullish, but he has to try to do what just comes naturally to us. All the other countries can stay out of it, and just offer us support by blocking his missiles, and after it's done. No need to get involved. Just be there for us later

I'm sorry for the fallout this will cause, but there is no other reply

A huge error will be made if UK, France, Germany, Spain et al (and Israel for their know how) do not move on Moscow right now.

Rider420

Smoke a joint and relax. Enjoy life instead of worrying about everything. Stop following your instincts and start partying. Tune the shit out and turn yourself on.
FYI the hippies have been right for the past sixty years! Enjoy life and ignore the moromans who say the world is about to end.

moose eater

Didn't all the hippies die from STD's and mange...

Crabs and excess roughage in the diet from beans and pine needles. Yule Gibbons was working for the CIA, taking the counterculture on a ride, telling them all that natural food was for their own good, when, in fact, it was a well-hatched plan to get rid of purveyors of questionable Mexican reefer. :D

Not all parts were edible after all.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

but will that incapacitate an aircraft delivered nuke with a simple physical altimeter trigger switch working on air pressure at a given altitude? bomb drops to a certain height & BOOM! they were used on the atomic bombs we used on Japan, giving the bomber aircraft a chance to escape the shock wave. i don't know if that would even be needed now, as fast/high as jets fly these days...you sure as hell don't want it going off on contact with the ground or below. that would shove HUGE amounts of radioactive material up into the jet stream circling the globe. bad juju all around.....

Latest posts

Latest posts