What's new

If I were a seed company

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Bottom line to anyone who doesn't like my prices, don't buy my seeds. I don't owe you seeds and you don't owe me patronage. I price them what they are worth to me. I don't have to justify it to anyone, but have offered some things for your consideration. Some people are going to think any product not given to them is too pricey. That's why there's a goodwill shop and bagseed.

D

Dalaihempy

If I were a seed company

I would offer seeds of strain lines i my self created and not just seed lines made from strain lines all ready offered basically polly-hybrids as people call them.

I would also test my lines my self and not let my customers do the testing for me.

I would offer more than just 10 seeds.

bigbrokush

What I'm saying is that a company can make just as much with less of a profit margin. If it cost you .05 a seed to make plus risk .85, ok then what kind of profit margin are you talking about here. For the record I agree with you Head $3.00 is cool thats $30 for a pk of 10 seeds. I believe that that is fair for just about everyone in the world. And also for the record I have bought your gear before (4 Play).
I breed to see what new flavors I can come up with, Colors of plants and things like that. I went to school with people that now work for companies that help farmers with their seeds and make them affordable, and produce more each crop. If I were to take on such a project no I would not do this on my own. I would ask my friends that do this for a living and making plants produce bigger yields fast for help.
I've always looked at the price of seeds and said damn thats a lot for some seeds.

oldtoker

and now a message from oldtokers son

anyway this can turn into nothing worthwhile fast, im just saying look at the whole picture cause most breeders aint tryin to do any wrong but you gota realise most breeders are good grower's and they truly are trading a large yield for a seed crop, im not saying they dont have rooms for production but that also dont mean they wouldent make more cash using the seed room for production i mean sierously how many of you that are complaining have used thier whole room for a seed run just to share, how can you say 3-4 dollers a seed is to much for him to make i mean really have you even tried making a shitload of good seeds?> sure you can make hash with the leftover but sierously do you think it comes close to the amount made off the bud if they just went seedless??

i doubt it

just something to think about it all sounds really easy untell you get neck deep.

and besides like head has shown he would not let go of bunk seeds all his reviews are usually 8-10 germ and alwasy a decent plant, he is probley spending more time and love on this than you can imagine. otherwise there would be bad germ rates, i have plenty of dark seeds i know wont germ it is about a week that dictates that, its dark and brown looks done but i promise horrid germ rates.

for me i love sharing... its inside of me since i was a kid, people sending freebies in to seedbay all should feel good i know a guy whos doin his share and thats awsome. most the time these seeds might not have as much work but the spirt is there. and that can make for some amazing plants.

sorta like when you truly care love this plant i doubt that head sees this plant as a tool, some people do but i think any breeder who truly loves the plant would never consider it as a tool and so i think head is doing it right.

when i think of this plant i think of how much its helped me, how could you say anything else, this plant can help you so much, and once you have been helped you help others.

if i was a breeder i would do it right, id try my best work as hard as i could and hope people understood what i put into my love, 3-4 dollers and you bitch. you dont think he should get that i mean really what the hell just take a look your pissin me off.as for the truffle thing, how can you compare the truffle to the cannabis plant, i mean clearly you should grow truffles if you can make so much.

if i was a artist making beautiful paintings i would be insulted if you said well jimmy is painting nearly the same thing for alot less so you should to. but jimmy aint close and you know it, thats why your asking for me to lower my prices? ok give me a pile of sand in my hand thats good enough and when run out of paint ill just use sand?

im not trying to be angery im just saying most of the time people cant see the whole picture, and i promise most good breeders really just wanna spread love, and maybe some bigger ones want alot of money but atleast they put green in the front of thier name?

the guy who started the thread i wish you good luck it's harder to have mixed f2's and admit it then to lie and say it something else so........

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
H3ad please dont take it personaly. your prices are very fair and what a true breeder has to do to produce a stable seed selection is far more work and time consuming than cash cropping ever was or is. I love getting a good deal on good genitics but I also will pay the price for something that I know will produce top notch product, I mean really how long does it take to get your money back, 1 oz sold pays for most seeds avalible and you get 10 so do the math and we win. and back to the topic, if I where a seed company I would charge as much as I could get, damn don't you want top wages at your job? I do.

Tomacco

i still believe in the marshallian law of supply and demand... there are people who are still willing to exhaust breeders' stock, so i cant really blame the pricing policies.

i dont mind paying premium, as long as my expectations are met

jawnroot

joesy whales said:
I mean really how long does it take to get your money back, 1 oz sold pays for most seeds avalible and you get 10 so do the math and we win. and back to the topic, if I where a seed company I would charge as much as I could get, damn don't you want top wages at your job? I do.

What about people like me that don't sell? The ultra-capitalist mentality in the cannabis community, coupled with outright hypocrisy, makes me nauseous. About 90% of the people on this forum are trying to make a buck, or trying to make a buck off people that are making a buck.

And then there are the breeders, with the J.P. Morgan outlook on life: "If you can't afford my products, piss off! Some other sap will buy them!"

I just get a chuckle out of the fact that a lot of people here are quick to point the finger at "evil corporations" and other such institutions, but when the same type of money grubbing is going on right in their back yard, not only do they let it go, they embrace it!

Tomacco

jawnroot said:
What about people like me that don't sell? The ultra-capitalist mentality in the cannabis community, coupled with outright hypocrisy, makes me nauseous. About 90% of the people on this forum are trying to make a buck, or trying to make a buck off people that are making a buck.

And then there are the breeders, with the J.P. Morgan outlook on life: "If you can't afford my products, piss off! Some other sap will buy them!"

I just get a chuckle out of the fact that a lot of people here are quick to point the finger at "evil corporations" and other such institutions, but when the same type of money grubbing is going on right in their back yard, not only do they let it go, they embrace it!

i would dare assume that a large % of forumites have commercial interest of some sort

its sad to realise that monks/farmers who have been refining their own "landrace" yet kind enough to share seeds with gringos and not see a cent out of all this

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
jawnroot said:

Only a whiner would call making a modest living 'money grubbing'.

You missed the point of my phillosophy... If you CAN't afford 80 bucks for an infinite supply of high grade herb... get with me... prove it so (for example, by having an addy in zimbabwe), and we'll help you out...

If you simply don't think my pricing is fair, Piss off, and some other discerning customer with an eye for a real value will be happy to have gotten such a good deal.

Most of the people who complain, however simply do so because they'd 'rather' spend their $80.00 somewhere else...

Choosing to sell or not to sell herb is a personal choice. has nothing at all to do with my seed pricing.

If it was all about pricing... I could sell Casey jones for nearly double what I do, and every pack would still fly off the shelves...

Last edited:

luciano28

Robert Mugabe is holding me down H3ad, ship me some beans!! ;)

robert6.jpg

J/K

Last edited:

Care Free 1

Veteran
In the big picture, demand for quality weed will always be there, since there are so few growers of it amonst the millions of people. One decent pack of seeds costing $80 - $300 can turn $10,000+ profit after a small investment and a little time & effort.

For what a breeder has to do to make $3-$4 a seed, I have much respect for what they do when you really think about it.

Now when it come to $20-$30 packs of f2's, who's to say you cant find a keeper in a few packs? If I could find a couple f2 packs of Jack Herer and find 1 decent plant in the group, what a deal that would be. Could be worth the small gamble.

Once the breeder has made his money on the product, he should have no problem with other people working it IMO.

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
I just don't understand the fucking whining, there are plenty of great genetics at seedbay for 20 o 40 dollors a pack, plus freebies, and if you want to spend more for something special its there to. If you can't afford good seed beg or spend your hard earned money on mex brick and grow the bag seed, whine whine whine, I am so thankfull for our breeders that do the selecting and crossing so all I have to do is spend some money and grow elite quaulity buds

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
joesy whales said:
I just don't understand the fucking whining, there are plenty of great genetics at seedbay for 20 o 40 dollors a pack, plus freebies, and if you want to spend more for something special its there to. If you can't afford good seed beg or spend your hard earned money on mex brick and grow the bag seed, whine whine whine, I am so thankfull for our breeders that do the selecting and crossing so all I have to do is spend some money and grow elite quaulity buds
agreed 100% what you get in the long run by far exceeds what u pay initialy..
as the old saying goes you get what you payed 4 well in most cases anyway..

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Well I agree with the price issue but to me $30 is way to high. $1 a seed is high enough. If I could do it for $1, anyone could, and should.
As for F2's WTF? If you want F2's you are nuts. Why?
Also why steal other peoples work?
-SamS

bigbrokush said:
Lets say that I was a new seed company. And my company model would be no seed over $30 no matter what it is. What would be the F2's that you would like to see most in this company?
How about ETHICS? Or is that asking for to much?

Last edited: