What's new

ICMAG Administration endorses The Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

GanjaAL

What is petty for some is not for others. Like the ol' saying goes... great is the pride before the fall and where the blind lead the blind and both fall into a ditch. So what ever floats your boat. Again insults and arogance does nothing for your cause and futhers my sentiments even more for a no vote on prop19. If prop19 passes so be it... if not... well there are alot of things to work on to continue the movement. Mine would be a federal defense and since I am a veteran... I am hoping the va just gave us a fighting chance. Make your buck brother!

vta

Veteran
What is petty for some is not for others. Like the ol' saying goes... great is the pride before the fall and where the blind lead the blind and both fall into a ditch. So what ever floats your boat. Again insults and arogance does nothing for your cause and futhers my sentiments even more for a no vote on prop19. If prop19 passes so be it... if not... well there are alot of things to work on to continue the movement. Mine would be a federal defense and since I am a veteran... I am hoping the va just gave us a fighting chance. Make your buck brother!

Oh I do make a good buck..but it's not from ganja. Most of what you see there gets hashed then it goes in my lungs. Some of it goes to a couple of life long buddies that between raising families and bills don't have any money left over for bud. Clones...yeah...I am guilty of indulging to much in the veg room. Some collect baseball cards or stamps...I collect strains. The pure kushes, Hazes, 4 types of OG, orig sour d, ssh, bog everything, Ortega, my prized RKS and so on....those get donated to a collective supporting only cancer patients. You can talk all the shit you want al...but the truth is I actually do help people and want others to have these rights by supporting 19 while your over there are admittedly not doing shit.

You know...you have posted your 'issues' with 19. many have replied with facts disputing those issues...what I want to know Al is after all that has been said, asked, answered, debated and chewed up...I want to know what you have left....give us one final bitch..list your points of why 19 should not be passed.
like this..
#1..blah blah blah
#2...blah blah blah
and so on. You know everyone else so far in this debate has conceded to some of the reasoning. One last time Al...whatcha got?

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Preach it brotha VTA !!!!!!

DSC00878.jpg

fieldofdreams.jpg

Last edited:

GanjaAL

Nothing brother... you have all the answers and the little sheepy sheepy will fallow. No big deal to me like I said... I have my own way of getting by with the meds I need. Will hopefully soon have a federal defense if ever needed provided by the va. I just feel for the families that this law may hurt if you are wrong. Again I have nothing to gain or loose weather or not this passes.

Again my reason for no are jail time. If that aint enough... how about the insults and arogance you guys bring to the table... last time I checked that always got people in trouble on the block. But hey wat to I know... right??? ;)

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the county I live in ... whether your medical or not... if the cops come and find MJ in your house and its not under lock and key..... if there are children living in the home .. you will be charged with felony child endangerment. If you have oxycontin in your med cabinet next to the childs toothbrush ... no foul no arrest. Makes sense.... doesnt it ????

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i don't think this prop will lose, in the end there are far more beneficiaries from 19 then there will be losers. but more importantly we better hope it passes, because if it doesn't it will galvanize the prohibitionists into attacking 420 and possibly even 215.

at this point it no longer matters whats really in 19, whats more important is what people think 19 is about and that is one fight that we dare not lose.

look at it this way if the optimistic views on 19 are right things will be much better for every one

while if they are wrong about some aspect of 19, it will still allow a greater majority, if not everyone more freedom or at least wiggle room for those not sticking to 19.

the whole 25sf per property isn't that bad really, people will just have to adapt their strategy, sure more would be better, but 25sf is better then nothing as is being said again and again. before you mention 215 and 420 again, it really is true that not everyone wants to be on some list on the internet as a med cannabis user. wife's can uses it to get custody, your electability for anything is in jeopardy and maybe your job is in danger if that list or the fact you are on it ever come in the wrong hands. so it's fair to like 19 for the ability to just grow and smoke without telling anyone or getting anyone's permission and in the end the 420 rules will surely also be re affirmed by some court, leaving med growers with 420 exemptions in the same situation as before but possible better protected due to cannabises acceptance in the main stream.

i do realize that this decision is that much harder if your life currently depends on some kind of cannabis generated income, specially if you have debts or no other prospects to fund your families lives. but i do see that with some thought and planning this situation can be turned to your advantage. even if prices go right down, you just have to be clever. or join with a bunch of others to get a license.

i don't think this prop will lose, in the end there are far more beneficiaries from 19 then there will be losers. but more importantly we better hope it passes, because if it doesn't it will galvanize the prohibitionists into attacking 420 and possibly even 215.

at this point it no longer matters whats really in 19, whats more important is what people think 19 is about and that is one fight that we dare not lose.

look at it this way if the optimistic views on 19 are right things will be much better for every one

while if they are wrong about some aspect of 19, it will still allow a greater majority, if not everyone more freedom or at least wiggle room for those not sticking to 19.

the whole 25sf per property isn't that bad really, people will just have to adapt their strategy, sure more would be better, but 25sf is better then nothing as is being said again and again. before you mention 215 and 420 again, it really is true that not everyone wants to be on some list on the internet as a med cannabis user. wife's can uses it to get custody, your electability for anything is in jeopardy and maybe your job is in danger if that list or the fact you are on it ever come in the wrong hands. so it's fair to like 19 for the ability to just grow and smoke without telling anyone or getting anyone's permission and in the end the 420 rules will surely also be re affirmed by some court, leaving med growers with 420 exemptions in the same situation as before but possible better protected due to cannabises acceptance in the main stream.

i do realize that this decision is that much harder if your life currently depends on some kind of cannabis generated income, specially if you have debts or no other prospects to fund your families lives. but i do see that with some thought and planning this situation can be turned to your advantage. even if prices go right down, you just have to be clever. or join with a bunch of others to get a license.

¡viva la revolucion!
:bump:

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
LOL... funny how certain groups try and get you to post pictures so they can get you to incriminate yourself.

I am not a grower but a mmj user who gets his meds from local mom and pops collective.
The first thought that popped into my head when reading this was.
THEN GET THE FUCK OUT WITH YOUR BULLSHIT.

what is your problem?
You don't even grow???
Then you only stand to gain from this.

Your "Mom and pop" suppliers must be against this, so here you are crying on their behalf.

I can't believe I've wasted time reading and replying to your posts when this whole time you were just some average nobody smoker.

No offense to people who just smoke, and don't grow.
But this is an issue that affects growers more then anyone.

Lower prices and increased availability is what it will bring someone like you Al.
Why are you trying to fuck it up for us when it doesn't even effect you?

Last edited by a moderator:

GanjaAL

The first thought that popped into my head when reading this was.
THEN GET THE FUCK OUT WITH YOUR BULLSHIT.

, what is your problem?
You don't even grow???
Then you only stand to gain from this.

Your "Mom and pop" suppliers must be against this, so here you are crying on their behalf.

I can't believe I've wasted time reading and replying to your posts when this whole time you were just some average nobody smoker.

No offense to people who just smoke, and don't grow.
But this is an issue that affects growers more then anyone.

Lower prices and increased availability is what it will bring someone like you Al.
Why are you trying to fuck it up for us when it doesn't even effect you?

LOL... who are you supposed to be....ahahahahaha. Tell me again why I have to listen to you???? YOu sure seem like a badass... but hey this is only the internet.

Make a buck chuck!

I hope people are starting to wake up and see the people who are backing this prop19 with all there insults and lack of respect with how you vote. They most likely will loose alot of money if this prop fails and the overall lack of concern for your welfare just so that they can have a joint and grow a few plants is their only concern. So vote your however you feel and remember the people who are being put in charge with the passing of prop19 are not your friend and the people who are voting yes do not seem to be either... well that is if you do not see it their way.

I am a veteran, apache indian and mmj user. I am voting no as this bill will most likely lead to more trouble than anything we can imagine.

Jail being the biggest one, banning of any and all sales in cities near you. Possible effect of prop215 and 420.

vote as you see fit and do not let the insults and arogance rule your thoughts or decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you kidding Al? these mom and pop sellers should win out because they can't compete in the real capitalist market? They can't expand enough to cover the costs while maintaining profit margins and good quality along with good customer base? Seems to me they never took an economic or business class. Maybe they should do that first then vote yes on the bill to compete fairly in the market like everyone else till the dam bill gets amended or replaced. No I won't insult you I have no need for that and judging from history the apache just like a fight. I'm cherokee native and theres one key difference between apache warriors and cherokee warriors. The cherokee can see a defeat a long time coming and collaborate and live in greater numbers in order to win in the end anyway. Not to insult ANY apache even if you are one... like I said they seem to like nothing more than a fight. Regardless of all the weak arguements you have produced this still is the first step of many in the right direction. Oh and by the way not like it matters "who started it" but I've read thru several threads discussing these subjects and it seems to always start at the opposition of 19 whos trolling. Step outside yourself and your rec shop and consider the real bigger picture here.

-S.E.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran

Again a grey area that will have to be looked into. This is where the dispensary is stuck wondering what to do. However either way the city has banned them and any new ones and until all this stuff is worked out... they have conceded at this time vs a legal battle.

sorry buddy but i refuted this articles bullshit on several other threads and about 50 pages back in this one...

just because you post it again does not make it more valid.

please stop lying?

nomaad

Veteran

are you serious? "average nobody smokers" will be deciding whether this prop passes or not. Your political immaturity and social ignorance is the only thing that comes thru in posts like this. If the pro's on this thread were the ones running the campaign for Prop 19, it would be the worst loss in the history of California politics.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
LOL... who are you supposed to be....ahahahahaha. Tell me again why I have to listen to you???? YOu sure seem like a badass... but hey this is only the internet.

Make a buck chuck!

I hope people are starting to wake up and see the people who are backing this prop19 with all there insults and lack of respect with how you vote. They most likely will loose alot of money if this prop fails and the overall lack of concern for your welfare just so that they can have a joint and grow a few plants is their only concern. So vote your however you feel and remember the people who are being put in charge with the passing of prop19 are not your friend and the people who are voting yes do not seem to be either... well that is if you do not see it their way.

I am a veteran, apache indian and mmj user. I am voting no as this bill will most likely lead to more trouble than anything we can imagine.

Jail being the biggest one, banning of any and all sales in cities near you. Possible effect of prop215 and 420.

vote as you see fit and do not let the insults and arogance rule your thoughts or decisions.

we have never been kind to prohibitionists here...

you are AGAINST my right to grow my own smoke in my own home!!!!

you continually lie concerning this proposal and insult our collective intelligences with you redundant posting of proven lies.

and you have the nerve to act like your little feelings are hurt?

im a vet too of the fucking drug war!

i dont want to do another "tour of duty" in the state pen because you and dragonfly want prohibition.

Kalicokitty

Veteran
are you serious? "average nobody smokers" will be deciding whether this prop passes or not. Your political immaturity and social ignorance is the only thing that comes thru in posts like this. If the pro's on this thread were the ones running the campaign for Prop 19, it would be the worst loss in the history of California politics.
Way to take it out of context.
How about where I said no offense to the smokers?
That was directed at Al alone who I thought was secretly a commercial grower worried about profits until now.

Yes, you're absolutely right, it is the average smoker who will vote this in, but when A average smoker(Al) comes in and posts 100 plus times against a bill that won't do anything but make stuff better for him, and keep the small growers out of jail, as well as open an almost endless amount of new revenue streams for anyone with half a brain, it gets irritating after a while.

But if you want to pick up Al's torch, and act all offended over a comment that it was pretty clear was directed at one person(Al), then go right ahead.

nomaad

Veteran
we have never been kind to prohibitionists here...

you are AGAINST my right to grow my own smoke in my own home!!!!

in your own words... once and for all... please stop lying.

your emotionally charged lies that people who want a better bill are against your rights is pathetic nonsense. don;t forget to call him greedy while you're at it. lol.

forget about GanjaAl's redundant posting of "proven lies" (which I am not commenting on). Your posts are lies not by their proven or unproven content, but by their calssification as PURE FALLACY. In other words: bullshit argument tactics. You talk about the anti- movement using fear to get their point across... you insult the character of anyone who stands in your way, regardless of what their true motivation might be. I call bullshit. With all due respect to valid points you have made in favor of this bill, I call Bullshit bullshit bullshit, on the tactics you use to shove it down throats.

you may be able to pull it here, but you wouldn't in a moderated political discussion by intelligent people.

nomaad

Veteran
Way to take it out of context.
How about where I said no offense to the smokers?
That was directed at Al alone who I thought was secretly a commercial grower worried about profits until now.

Yes, you're absolutely right, it is the average smoker who will vote this in, but when A average smoker(Al) comes in and posts 100 plus times against a bill that won't do anything but make stuff better for him, and keep the small growers out of jail, as well as open an almost endless amount of new revenue streams for anyone with half a brain, it gets irritating after a while.

But if you want to pick up Al's torch, and act all offended over a comment that it was pretty clear was directed at one person(Al), then go right ahead.

i'm not picking up anybody's torch... (god forbid... you might call me a cheesedick if i did.) just pretty disgusted by the quality of argument up this place. i'll just unsub again and save myself the headspace as I continue to actually digest the implications of prop 19.

I just read this article: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38379515/ns/business-us_business/38410522.

Its talking about the dude who persuaded Oakland to get those industrial size mj farms on board.
After reading this article, I don't see people losing money. He even says himself,"...$40 an ounce pot....Boutique growers could produce the high-end stuff in their "gardens," he explained, while he supplied the masses with a clean, controlled, great-value product.."
He admits that its gonna be some bs!! Great-value product??lol its gonna b indica dom, commerical stuff! Growers have to learn how to market and sell top notch product and you will not lose if Prop 19 passes.
The article also states that the tax is $50 an ounce. If the mids are $40 an ounce, then you can sell some killer at atleast $100 an O. Prices will definitely fall, but, you are still making money. And if you keep stuff legitimate and on the dl, not breaking city codes or restrictions, the FEDs prolly won't catch on as long as your paying taxes.
I also read this article:"A federal-state law inconsistency shouldn't stop Californians from legalizing marijuana"
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/28/opinion/la-oew-dershowitz-20100728/2

This article was really good in explaining what could possibly happen if prop 19 passes and how the Feds would react.
"Proposition 19's success in November would put the feds in a quandary, yes, but it is a quandary of their own making. Unlike alcohol prohibition, which required a constitutional amendment, Congress could fix this easily with a simple amendment to the Controlled Substances Act allowing conduct legal under state law and respecting the right of states to regulate and tax the cannabis industry"
If all goes well, money is made for the state,and if crime goes down, I believe the Feds might possibly change their attitude, and respect state law.

Kalicokitty

Veteran
i'm not picking up anybody's torch... (god forbid... you might call me a cheesedick if i did.) just pretty disgusted by the quality of argument up this place. i'll just unsub again and save myself the headspace as I continue to actually digest the implications of prop 19.
Ok, you continue your highbrow intellectual debate with yourself then.

Meanwhile, the rest of the tards and I will continue discussing it here on the board.

kinesis

I hope CA maintains exclusivity on the nation's cannabis production - both medicinal and recreational. It's ok if NV legalizes imo.. But I'm starting a site - WeedResorts.com/WeedResort.com which will feature the best of the best of resorts and reservations that are cannabis friendly (You can smoke weed while kayaking, playing golf, playing at the casino, etc) we book rooms and collect a commission. We'll also have the best Bed & Breakfasts of Mendocino County featured on there.

I'm really excited I bought like 5-6 .com's for this new industry. Can't wait to see them grow just like those dank chronic plants :)

somebody bought cannabisextracts.com in late 2009.. that's going to be worth a huge sum of money someday... imagine the potential behind a site like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.