What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMAG Administration endorses The Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
just gonna say it again... Prop 19 is a big-government SCAM that would have George Orwell laughing at us poor proles

Dude, the BIG-goverment SCAM is called P R O H I B I T I O N and you are living it now. So WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!!!

Since theres not much thats relevent that I could add here without repeating myself or others I won't bother. However just got done watching the history channel on the telley and couldn't help but be disgusted with this series they have : Hooked. Mostly I'm frustrated that it gets alotted with opium, morphine, heroin, cocaine, and crack. The points made and details provided we're neutral while the historical side of it was still only less than half-right with a biased account from the opposition only. I'm so tired of this propaganda bullshit and daily crap that it gives me all the more drive to convince these no's and anti's that this is the right step forward. Attack me, refute everything I say and try to undermine everything you could ever assume I believe, stand for and mean but I will not relent to you. I think I'll go back read my Jack's Hemp Bible again, meanwhile I encourage you all to step outside of everything you are to look at yourself and your entire reality thru and thru and evolve to self-enlighten. Thanks if you read, whatever if you didn't bother. Take care all.

-S.E.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Dude, the BIG-goverment SCAM is called P R O H I B I T I O N and you are living it now. So WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!!!!

We here at ICmag are not living with it, we are V I O L A T I N G it. By doing so we are directly standing up to BIG-government SCAM.

The opinions about what prop 19 will do are just that, opinions.

But there is one thing that is certain, if an ICmager chooses to cultivate MJ then they exercising their rights. Yelling at them to WAKE THE FUCK UP! might not be the best way to win them to your side.

:joint:

localhero

stop it. can you read?

Section 5: Amendment
Pursuant to Article 2, section 10(c) of the California Constitution, this Act may be amended either by a subsequent measure submitted to a vote of the People at a statewide election; or by statute validly passed by the Legislature and signed by the Governor, but only to further the purposes of the Act. Such permitted amendments include but are not limited

Do you know anything about the passage of a typical bill through the legislature? They all get signed by the governor. Section 5 is talking about amending the bill through a normal legislative process or, if you read, "by a subsequent measure submitted to a vote of the People at a statewide election."

this is the way everything in government is done. its not gestapo scare tactics. its standard procedure inherent to our lives in America.

TO the nay sayers:
Stop being scared. Read the bill and talk to your local congress people. They are the ones who would vote on any bill that will get to the Governor. Sooo guess what...

become an american and get involved locally. its standard practice. stop spewing these ideas that you are portraying as facts. You are negatively lobbying the bill, even if you say your undecided and want to debate it.

A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.<sup id="cite_ref-book_0-0" class="reference">[1]</sup> To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting a superficially similar yet weaker proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.<sup id="cite_ref-book_0-1" class="reference">[1]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-files_1-0" class="reference">[2]</sup>
-----

ive said im in support of the bill, did you read the latest post i made?

yes im aware that any legislative bill needs the governors signature, are you aware that legislature needs a 2/3rds vote by both chambers to over turn a governors veto in california? so that part of the prop dissalows that.

from wikipedia on cali legislative proceedure:

• Governor's action. Within 12 days after receiving a bill, the governor may sign it into law, allow it to become law without his/her signature, or veto it.
  • Overrides. A vetoed bill is returned to the house of origin, where a vote may be taken to override the governor's veto; a two-thirds vote of both houses is required to override a veto.

did you know that voter initiative props, unless specifically worded to allow legislative ammendments do not in any way HAVE to include legislative ammendments?

so before you think youre so clever in missrepresenting my posts, do some research, or hey try this, try ACTUALLY reading what i say.

localhero

i stand corrected, it looks like i was technically wrong about legislature requiring a governors signature:

from wikipedia on cali legislative proceedure:

* Governor's action. Within 12 days after receiving a bill, the governor may sign it into law, allow it to become law without his/her signature, or veto it.
* Overrides. A vetoed bill is returned to the house of origin, where a vote may be taken to override the governor's veto; a two-thirds vote of both houses is required to override a veto.
-----
Section 5: Amendment
Pursuant to Article 2, section 10(c) of the California Constitution, this Act may be amended either by a subsequent measure submitted to a vote of the People at a statewide election; or by statute validly passed by the Legislature and signed by the Governor, but only to further the purposes of the Act. Such permitted amendments include but are not limited
-----

it looks very clear that legislative ammendments for prop 19 demand a signature approval by the governor.

thats why ive said: DO NOT VOTE FOR MEG WHITMAN

igrowone

Veteran
since we're on this topic, what does happen if the governor does not sign prop 19(assuming passage)<br>
i get the impression it's not necessary for this prop to be signed by the governor to take effect

localhero

since we're on this topic, what does happen if the governor does not sign prop 19(assuming passage)

i get the impression it's not necessary for this prop to be signed by the governor to take effect

no prop needs a governors sig to go into effect. propositions and voter initiatives are put into law by a vote of the people.

under 19, any ammendments made by california legislature must have the governors signature in order to come into effect.

so lets say the liberal majority of cali leg. decides to put through an ammendment that sets the minimum grow space to 1000x1000.

well it would require that the governor sign that ammendment in order for it to become law. not gonna happen with whitman.

someotherguy

Veteran
no prop needs a governors sig to go into effect. propositions and voter initiatives are put into law by a vote of the people.

under 19, any ammendments made by california legislature must have the governors signature in order to come into effect.

so lets say the liberal majority of cali leg. decides to put through an ammendment that sets the minimum grow space to 1000x1000.

well it would require that the governor sign that ammendment in order for it to become law. not gonna happen with whitman.

once Prop 19 passes Whitman won't be able to do
much to stop the avalanche of support for this
across the nation, and i think she is a pragmatist,
like all politicians, once she sees which way the
wind is blowing, she'll learn to live with it.

check Jerry Browns record and you can see he is little
more than a windbag in a suit.

peace, SOG

btw, do you have any links to public statements made
by Whitman against cannabis reform?

localhero

btw, do you have any links to public statements made
by Whitman against cannabis reform?

here:

Meg Whitman: “I am absolutely, 100% not in favor of legalizing marijuana for any reason.” (What about to increase tax revenues?) “That is the last reason that one should think about legalizing marijuana.” (BTW: It was good to see Whitman answer the question at a brief press avail in San Francisco after our Calbuzz Rant yesterday. Our follow-up to Meg is this: By “any reason” do you mean you oppose the medicinal use of marijuana?)

I'm guessing theres no other candidates in the running fully nominated and viable? This Ms. Whitman does sound like a horrific choice. Better a moron windbag or narrow fascist? Seems its up to you guys.

-S.E.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
We here at ICmag are not living with it, we are V I O L A T I N G it. By doing so we are directly standing up to BIG-government SCAM.

The opinions about what prop 19 will do are just that, opinions.

But there is one thing that is certain, if an ICmager chooses to cultivate MJ then they exercising their rights. Yelling at them to WAKE THE FUCK UP! might not be the best way to win them to your side.

Wow I'm ALMOST lost for words....

So let me get this straight, by breaking the law and risking your freedom, you are fighting the government?

Why not fight the government by passing laws that wouldn't put you in harm's way for growing a plant??

Anyone see that movie "Idiocracy" ? It sure does feel like our society is heading down the path of stupid. Day by day it seems we are getting closer and closer to gaining education at the local costco and handjobs from the neighberhood starbucks...

PS: The pizza party is Friday @ 6pm at the buttfuckers off 6th and B street....

someotherguy

Veteran
i still think Jerry Brown is a complete fool.

i know this goes against the grain but there is more
to governance than a candidates feelings towards
marijuana.

and Prop 19 comes up for a vote before Whitman
could take office so she won't be part of the process
anyway, as long as it passes she'll have to live with it
despite her personal feelings.

peace, SOG

localhero

i still think Jerry Brown is a complete fool.

i know this goes against the grain but there is more
to governance than a candidates feelings towards
marijuana.

and Prop 19 comes up for a vote before Whitman
could take office so she won't be part of the process
anyway, as long as it passes she'll have to live with it
despite her personal feelings.

peace, SOG

vote any way you wish, its your right.

am i missing something? arent they being voted on at the same time? if she becomes governor, anything cali legislature proposes as an amendment to 19 will need her consenting signature. so whoever is governor will definitely have a say.

the reason i stated earlier that this will only be a one time thing, is because, yes you are right once the gov gets to taste marijuana tax... hard to go against it at that point.that would be like a republican presidential candidate running on overturning medicare. (damn socialized medicine) but lets atleast try to make a smooth transition towards that. meg wont help.

blwd67

How does it work with the popular vote in Cali? It does say in the bill 'either by a subsequent measure submitted to a vote of the People at a statewide election; or by statute validly passed by the Legislature and signed by the Governor'

Sounds like you guys dont even need the state congress or governer... Get out there and get some signitures and start marches. Get active. Then vote locally to change the rules in your cities and counties, propose ammendments for the popular vote. Honestly it sounds to me like prop 19 is giving explicit power to the people of California, while not necessarily taking it out of the hands of our elected officials.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Wow I'm ALMOST lost for words....

So let me get this straight, by breaking the law and risking your freedom, you are fighting the government?

Why not fight the government by passing laws that wouldn't put you in harm's way for growing a plant??

Anyone see that movie "Idiocracy" ? It sure does feel like our society is heading down the path of stupid. Day by day it seems we are getting closer and closer to gaining education at the local costco and handjobs from the neighberhood starbucks...

PS: The pizza party is Friday @ 6pm at the buttfuckers off 6th and B street....

Well as I stated prop 19 would not make growing any more legal for me (more than 25sq'), so I would not be fighting the government by supporting prop 19.

In fact the language that says use revenue to ENFORCE the mj laws under prop 19 means that CA pigs will have a direct funding source to harass the home grower.

Each 1oz legal purchase will support the ENFORCEMENT against those bigger than 25sq' and / or having more than an oz.

So in point of fact the average stoner will be paying the police force to hunt ICmagers.

GanjaAL

Yup... the new governor gets to sign in or not sign the new law... I wonder if these people are even in cali somtimes by the things they say...LOL

God help us if she does sign it... as prohibitionists will have a field day with this new bill as it puts them almost in complete control to tax and regulate(prohibit) as they see fit.

Headed down to the town meeting where they are banning any and all sales of marijuana to include dispensories... and guess what... prop19 is going to back them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.