What's new

ICMAG Administration endorses The Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

igrowone

Veteran
I just saw this. I read Prop 19 after hearing a lot of negative things from other MMJ patients. I can't afford to buy what I need and can't grow what I need in 25 square feet.

I'm voting NO because the promised exclusions for MMJ patients aren't in the bill.

25 square feet doesn't go very far.

really? there are 2 references in prop 19, 'except as permitted under Health and Safety Sections 11362.5 and 11362.7 through 11362.9. 8.'
those insure that prop 215 rules stay intact for all medical patients

BigBudBill

I just saw this. I read Prop 19 after hearing a lot of negative things from other MMJ patients. I can't afford to buy what I need and can't grow what I need in 25 square feet.

I'm voting NO because the promised exclusions for MMJ patients aren't in the bill.

Someone lied to you, the exclusions(who promised this anyways???) are right in the bill, plain as day. You can't see the forest for the trees bro.

25 feet goes far enough. If you cant grow what you personally need in 25 feet, there are smart ways to get around that, though I would question your methods and yields. I could have 1k HPS + a mom a veg room in 25 sq pulling a lb/mo. If that's not enough for you, I think you may have other things you need to worry about than the minor limits in this bill. Somehow, if it passes, I bet you'll find a way to make it work.

This ain't a "hold out for the perfect law"moment man, it's another movement of the front lines in this battle in the "War on Drugs". Mature people in a mature society understand that compromise is a must in order to get SOME things you want(You can't ALWAYS get what you want).

Be a mover and a shaker not a sheep. Read the damn prop and look into those exclusions. Please don't waste a vote without informing yourself of the truth.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran

You must not have read it very good than.... Specifically states except as permittied under health and safety code 11.362-11.369 (otherwise known as prop 215).

Passing 19 in no way effects any of the rights California medical marijuana patients currently enjoy.

Do the right thing, vote yes on prop 19!!

It's 2010, let the re-legalization begin !!!!

Last edited:
I think thats yet another lazy lurker not bothering to actually read the thread. I'm sure even if he skimmed 25% of this thread he'd know that was already questioned and dismissed 3-5 times in just a few pages. I read the whole thread at least 3 times by now guys, you might not even have to do that just see if the damn question and or answer has been posted already. With as many posts as there are, it's probably bound to be in there somewhere. And I know for a fact that that question has been posed and answered at least 5 times already. Lately the discussion seems to be doing half decently with minimal repetition involved.

Anyway not to get ahead of ourselves here but does anyone have any ideas on what they want to do after if prop 19 passes? I know most of ya will toke it up and continue growing on your merry way but does anyone have any special plans they'd like to share? Just an interesting question I think, I know I've heard a couple random thoughts floating about the thread.

Prop 19 a modernly politically correct voter initiative publicly acceptable by the majority, a well rounded next step for the future of cannabis in all of its forms. So please if you will, vote yes!

-S.E.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
I'll be working to open the worlds first doob ranch. AKA a true canna resort. A venue to hold mj festivals and music events. Depending on acceptance maybe a few Amsterdam styled coffeeshops. And tours of our grows similar to those of the napa valley wine tours. California's tourism industy will be booming even more so and I hope to show the rest of the country how we live in California.

One love. -BhT

Runner

Am I the only one who see that 40% of IC Mag Cali stoners are against 19? If that's fair representation of general stoner population, we got a problem. Opinion polls show around 55% majority, but it seems they ask about legalization in general...

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I'll be working to open the worlds first doob ranch. AKA a true canna resort. A venue to hold mj festivals and music events. Depending on acceptance maybe a few Amsterdam styled coffeeshops. And tours of our grows similar to those of the napa valley wine tours. California's tourism industy will be booming even more so and I hope to show the rest of the country how we live in California.

One love. -BhT

i was recently out for a vacation and noticed that what was a big tourist destination back in the 70's and 80's (the ave. of giants) seemed a bit.....neglected....abandoned....unused.. im not sure if im saying this right but we had the whole park to ourselves and it seemed like the money had dried up from tourism in the area.
but perception is reality nd that was just my perception....

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Just like ICmag only allows seeds sold at the boo and bay to be discussed here, I think it's time to do the same with prop 19, as the the title of the thread indicates, ICmag has endorsed, and is openly supporting prop 19, this debate has run its course, with nothing new being added for quite some time now, it's time for a unified front, and an end to ridiculous propaganda being endlessly spammed across the board by a few individuals.

I suggest treating the prohibitionists like non boo and bay seed vendors from this point forward, deleted posts, and warnings for continued anti 19 posting, resulting in suspensions, and if that's not enough, banning.

Everyone has been given ample opportunity to speak their mind, it's time for all to support the position of ICmag, or shut up about it, no more spamming of ridiculous arguments against it across the board.

So, just like non boo and bay vendors/breeders trying to advertise here for free, time to shut them down, and to permit only pro 19 posts and ideas from this point forward till the vote.

IMO

S

Smoke Buddy

Yeah, lets just let one point of view be voiced... thats very progressive of you.
If you dont like the heat or cant handle someone disagreeing, dont read it but for goodness sake to shut out anyones voice because youve heard enough is a ridiculous suggestion IMO.

peace :rasta:

Just like ICmag only allows seeds sold at the boo and bay to be discussed here, I think it's time to do the same with prop 19, as the the title of the thread indicates, ICmag has endorsed, and is openly supporting prop 19, this debate has run its course, with nothing new being added for quite some time now, it's time for a unified front, and an end to ridiculous propaganda being endlessly spammed across the board by a few individuals.

I suggest treating the prohibitionists like non boo and bay seed vendors from this point forward, deleted posts, and warnings for continued anti 19 posting, resulting in suspensions, and if that's not enough, banning.

Everyone has been given ample opportunity to speak their mind, it's time for all to support the position of ICmag, or shut up about it, no more spamming of ridiculous arguments against it across the board.

So, just like non boo and bay vendors/breeders trying to advertise here for free, time to shut them down, and to permit only pro 19 posts and ideas from this point forward till the vote.

IMO

i feel your pain man but we have to do whats right. Even if it means shouting down propaganda over and over and over and over and over and over and under and over again.

Best way to silence dissent is with compassion and education.

@BHT - every heard of a cheese refiner? they take raw cheese into their own caves and cure it. Developing new flavors and etc. In a few years i Imagine we will do the same thing with trich's. Aging them in a specific manner to bring out certain flavors. Different compression techniques. All sorts of options. A place to turn fresh resin into premier hash.
Not exactly like cheese, no bacteria is growing on the cannabis, but with continuing trials, The micro herd may be a way to separate INDOOR cannabis using "terroir" created by your individual microherd. Much like each every cave in the world has different bacteria in it; and will create a different cheese from the same milk. Maybe one day we will be able to use the microherd as a way to truly change the flavor profiles of cannabis.
just high thoughts, feel free to shot them down.

Peace

Kalicokitty

Veteran
Yeah, lets just let one point of view be voiced... thats very progressive of you.
If you dont like the heat or cant handle someone disagreeing, dont read it but for goodness sake to shut out anyones voice because youve heard enough is a ridiculous suggestion IMO.

peace :rasta:
I think 238 pages of each point of view is enough, I'm not saying delete what has already been posted, just that enough is enough, the Administration supports 19, time to stand behind them united.

But don't worry, It probably won't happen, so you'll be free to continue your spam against it.

S

Smoke Buddy

I think 238 pages of each point of view is enough, I'm not saying delete what has already been posted, just that enough is enough, the Administration supports 19, time to stand behind them united.

But don't worry, It probably won't happen, so you'll be free to continue your spam against it.

I dont believe in silencing anyone. 238 pages or 10000, who are you to try and stop people from discussing the aspects of the prop? This is a good discusion and it is educational in several aspects by the information that has been brought up by both sides of the argument. This is a discussion forum after all and this thread is to discuss 19. Nothing personal but I will always react to someone who wants to shut down discourse because they dont like whats being said. That is ridiculous.

Im voting YES on 19 so I havent spammed against it. I was originally going to vote NO and when I was, I didnt spam against it I came in here and gave my reasons. I changed my mind weeks ago and said so here.

:rasta:

Kalicokitty

Veteran
I dont believe in silencing anyone. 238 pages or 10000, who are you to try and stop people from discussing the aspects of the prop? This is a good discusion and it is educational in several aspects by the information that has been brought up by both sides of the argument. This is a discussion forum after all and this thread is to discuss 19. Nothing personal but I will always react to someonbe who wants to shut down discourse because they dont like whats being said. That is ridiculous.

Im voting YES on 19 so I havent spammed against it. I was originally going to vote NO and when I was, I didnt spam against it I came in here and gave my reasons. I changed my mind weeks ago and said so here.

:rasta:
I hear what you're saying, and am happy you weighed all the info and decided to vote yes.

If this was a public town hall meeting, then asking for one sides views to be censored would be ridiculous, but it's not, it's a privately owned board with a long history of censoring things they disagree with(which is the right of a privately owned board), which is why I suggested they go ahead and continue that tradition by saying we've heard it all, and that they will be going with what they want only, business as usual at ICmag basically.

This board is an extension of Gypsy's business, 19 passing will only increase business for gypsy IMO, so censoring opinions that could result in lost revenue for Gypsy would be a sound business decision IMO.

Also, many of the no people will not speak their true reasons for wanting it to fail, and instead hide behind crap like it's against the poor, or 18-20 should be able to use, or an OZ is just not enough for me to have on me out in public.

It's an insult to our intelligence when they keep throwing this stuff up over and over, when we know full well that the reasons for their wanting it to fail in most cases are personal and selfish.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Am I the only one who see that 40% of IC Mag Cali stoners are against 19? If that's fair representation of general stoner population, we got a problem. Opinion polls show around 55% majority, but it seems they ask about legalization in general...

Stoners in general are not on this site. This site is full of GROWERS. Many of those growers are happy with the current system, whereby their produce is capable of being sold at an inflated price because of the illegality and reduced competition that it brings.

Your average stoner who is forced to BUY from these guys will be THRILLED to vote yes and no longer have to pay these guys an exorbitant price just to get high.

That's why *I* started growing.

Vote Yes.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2010/aug/27/new_colombian_president_joins_ca

For all those who've been saying that legalization in California is only going to affect California residents (and there have been several of you in this thread) I encourage you to read the opinions of the PRESIDENT of Colombia!

Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos said in a Mexico City radio interview Wednesday that he supported Mexican President Felipe Calderon's call for a debate on drug legalization. He also said that he will seek to build a united front with Peru and Mexico on legalization if voters in California approve marijuana legalization in November.
Santos eyed California's Proposition 19 marijuana legalization initiative with mixed feelings. "How would we explain to an indigenous person on a Colombian mountain that producing marijuana is illegal and take him to jail or destroy the marijuana when in the US it is legal to consume it?" he asked.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
Hell yeah. California ushering in worldwide legalization. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Free the weed worldwide!!!! And if there are aliens who prohibit weed smoke on their planet,, well were gonna free that shit too!!!!!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I hear what you're saying, and am happy you weighed all the info and decided to vote yes.

If this was a public town hall meeting, then asking for one sides views to be censored would be ridiculous, but it's not, it's a privately owned board with a long history of censoring things they disagree with(which is the right of a privately owned board), which is why I suggested they go ahead and continue that tradition by saying we've heard it all, and that they will be going with what they want only, business as usual at ICmag basically.

This board is an extension of Gypsy's business, 19 passing will only increase business for gypsy IMO, so censoring opinions that could result in lost revenue for Gypsy would be a sound business decision IMO.

Also, many of the no people will not speak their true reasons for wanting it to fail, and instead hide behind crap like it's against the poor, or 18-20 should be able to use, or an OZ is just not enough for me to have on me out in public.

It's an insult to our intelligence when they keep throwing this stuff up over and over, when we know full well that the reasons for their wanting it to fail in most cases are personal and selfish.

That is a horrible idea-- Sorry KK...but this is a Cannabis Site, and this is one of the most important things to directly effect our Community ever--
There is no harm in discussing it...actually, many of us were "No" supporters before this discussion started, and were swayed to the "Yes" side because of the discussion here--
Contrary to popular belief, there are good reasons to question this Prop-- I don't think anybody here thinks that Prop 19 is a great deal in every way, but what helped me decide to support it, is the "Less of 2 evils" thinking--
We have new ppl coming in here (ICMag) every day, and some of those only go by what they have heard....so as this discussion goes on, and on, and on...it is getting ppl to actually read the Prop, and study it...and in many cases, to eventually support it--
Each person only has 1 Vote, at the polls...but each person also has the potential ability to reach dozens, if not hundreds of ppl with their ideas and thoughts on Prop 19 before the Vote takes place...and those ppl have the same...creating a domino effect that really DOES matter--
Gypsy regulating ppl peddling their seeds, glass, and so forth, is acceptable, because yes, this is business for him--
But to censor something that is 100% pertinent to the stated "Mission" of this site...well, that would be just plain wrong--
No hate or anger here...I just had to weigh in on this--:tiphat:

Kalicokitty

Veteran
I guess people don't understand where I was coming from with that.
I'm talking about a couple people here who continue to turbo post the same crap over and over and over in all threads relating to 19, no new ideas, no acknowledgment of the countless posts that show them to be incorrect, and fear mongering propagandist garbage.

How does saying this "discriminates against the poor' have any more validity the 500th time it's posted then the first?
These people are not interested in debate, they have an agenda, and that is swaying people to vote no based on the same turbo posted lies across the board.
That is what I've had enough of.

Intelligent, relevant debate I'm all for, but where has it been lately?
All it has been is the same couple people and their same tired old misinformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.