What's new

Iceberg Hashish

I was always tought to mix the water-ice-herb carfully with a whisk or a paddle and only for a few minutes

and to never leave the resin "hanging" in the water after mixing, just pour thru filter instantly after the mix,

any thoughts on this?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
According to Frenchy Cannoli, you should let your plant material sit in ice cold water until it gets hydrated. The wetter the better. Failure to do so will result in plant matter breaking off in little bits adding contamination to your end product.

The problem with doing it indoor is that your water won't stay as cold as possible for a real long time. But it's still ok to do it that way.

Troutman's method of putting the pot in snow fixes that issue. Brilliant solution that won't have all that ice smashing up your buds to smithereens. The result is cleaner hash.

I've seen people wash their dirty hash/kief in ice water in a glass jar and siphoning off the top after the hash has settled.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
Or heat the hash up, roll it up and light it like an incense stick. Then huff the smoke.

Tynehead Tom

while my water hash method is a little different and a little more rudimentary..... one can clearly see the finished product is top shelfy :D
This hash was water separated , dried, pressed and stored in 1 ounce chunks last fall. Made from the trim and budlets of 2018/2019 winter indoor harvests so the material was aged 6 months + and then that hash was aged from November till now.
I am pulling it all out to heat press it and it will be ready to either store and age again or consume as is.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
Blended IceWater Hashish

Blended IceWater Hashish

Yesterday, I finished a new project. :)

I made Blended IceWater Hashish using guerilla grown Friesland Indica (fresh frozen) from last Fall and some Afropips Malawi Gold (this year's weed) together
to make a custom product. I only used 2 sieves this time. The 200 micron sieve and a 55 micron sieve. Seeing I plan on using this for myself I see no sense
in using a bunch of sieves to grade the resin. Middle East made hashish is made using all the resin glands. So why not do the same if you plan on smoking it
all anyways? This is the 3rd time I make hashish so I'm still learning.

Here goes.

I mixed all the Friesland Indica and Afropips Malawi Gold initially in a 15L new food grade pail with one bag of ice I purchased at a store. After some blending,
I added some water and kept mixing. I would mix for 5 minutes and stop. I eventually added another bag of ice and more water to get a working amount that
would allow my mixer blades to touch the bottom of them pail without the mixer itself getting wet. Too much water and mixing wouldn't be as effective. I bet
I probably mixed for a total of 25 minutes or more with breaks in between. I like the fact that my mixer has a digital timer on the handle so I can tell exactly
how long I mix for.

Mixer Time

picture.php

Done Mixing

This time I decided to use one pail with clean water to clean it all up.

picture.php

200 Micron Sieve Time

Here I just placed the 200 micron sieve on the clean water pail to to start cleaning the weed from the resin glands.

picture.php

200 Micron Sieve Time

Here I used a stainless steel bowl to pour some Cannabis and resin water from the mixing pail into the 200 micron sieve to allow
the resin glands to sink to the bottom of the pail. I only did a little at a time with some mixing with a spoon. After which I placed
all the washed Cannabis into a large cooking pot so I can wash it again after to get more glands.

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
200 Micron Sieve Time

picture.php

55 Micron Sieve Time

After I was done rinsing the Cannabis 2 times it was time to harvest the goodies with my 55 micron sieve. For this,
I used another pail with holes in the bottom to let the water go down my bathtub drain with sieve on top.

picture.php

55 Micron Sieve Time

picture.php

It didn't take long to find he goodies. :woohoo:

1st Resin

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
1st Resin

Using a turkey baster and resin water helps keep the resin glands together. ;)

picture.php

Setup

Here I was cleaning the Cannabis for a second time and you can see some of the goodies from run #1.

picture.php

Resin

One mistake I made was moving the 200 sieve back in forth in the from the mixing pail to the cleaning pail. Which as you
can see caused some small pieces of Cannabis to get mixed in. I removed them after. But I know next time to avoid doing
this. As long as you learn it's all good I figure.

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
Here's the final product and I'm happy with my results of 11.2 grams of Blended IceWater Hashish. :)

Blended IceWater Hashish

picture.php

Blended IceWater Hashish Closeup

picture.php

After a little drying overnight, it was finally all stored in two 15mL centrifuge tubes to cure. :groupwave:

Note: One thing I regret is not knowing exactly how much Cannabis I used. So I don't have clue how effective my method was. But I'm still happy.

LizardMan

Ya ive honestly never measured and of tge fresh frozen runs ive done, usually to excited and high to remember lol.... Every time you do a run you will find things that help speed up or get better returns... I actually might do a small run this weekend and document it for the community.... Even weigh the material lol

troutman

Seed Whore
^^^ The Friesland Indica was fresh frozen so they had water content like a living plant. So exact weight would be a guess at best. :tiphat:

I do agree each time you learn new things.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
Alright, you finished. Good job.
Now give all that hash to me.

Tynehead Tom

The last batch i did was for a buddy and to also run the remainder of what little I had remaining.
His was all trimmed flower from last years outdoor and mine was same but untrimmed small buds.
I weighed his out to 6.5 ounces dry flowers and the return was 26 grams of pressed hash
Mine weighed 2.5 ounces and I got 11 grams of pressed hash
I have some pics somewhere....

LizardMan

Trout man your right about the wet weight being a guess at best thats why ive never weighed out just eye ball freezer bag worth lol...