What's new

IC Mag Get together Nov 06 (The real Cup Party)

TheBoss

BLunTeD4LifE said:
im looking into my funds to see if i can manage to make it accross to join u peeps...

Same here

Can some one give a proper write down of places and times where we all meet?

I hope we get to have a meeting on the 18th as its saturday and we ought to go clubbing.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Hmmm, lemme check the ole finances, it's bit tight (damn near choking) right now, but at that time funds should be a bit more available...

And, I'd just have made a harvest, so I could actually send a little something ahead, if OP or GN would be kind enough to recieve it for me :D

Hmmm looks like the cheapest package for hotel and roundtrip airfare puts me in Purmerend, 9 miles from the city center @ $1087. At that price, I could swing around $900 for food and fun, which should be enough for a week, right?

How is that area as far as accessability? Figuring that I could take a taxi to GN's every morning, and back to the hotel every night?

Last edited:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
a cab from purmerend will cost you about 30 euro each time. you'd better look for a place closerby. All the money which will go to taxi's is money you should spend on something else,

NiteTiger

Veteran
Ouch, a bit more than I expected.

Back to the drawing board then...

Found one for $1687 round trip and hotel that puts me in the Best Western Eden Hotel, which they say is 150m from the Floating Flower Market. How is that for access?

Last edited:
Price of oil is dropping like pigeon shit Cheap flights hopefully like this idea big time, Im asking the friends tonight if they can do a november trip to the dam.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
the floating flower market? i dont know where that is.

edit: i know what you mean now, we call it different in dutch.

yes, that closeby everything, in the middle of the centre.

Last edited:

NiteTiger

Veteran
Cool, now I just need to pull together about $2200.

Thanks for the help Moppel!

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
trichomefarmer said:
taking taxis in Amsterdam is generally a waste of money.

yes, and watch out for the marrocian taxi drivers (arabs) they are known for robbing tourists etc

G

yep, definately agree. Taxi's aren't worth it in a small ass city like A-dam. You can walk across the place in 20 minutes.

Does anyone know the time when A-dam has the absolute guarenteed lest tourism? I would LOVE to see the quiet version of Amsterdam.

Been there a few times during the summer and I hate streets packed with smelly summer back-packers. Do they have so much shit in their bags that they can't fit a deodorant stick in there? Sheesh

Last edited:
G

SeñorSativa_OG said:
yep, definately agree. Taxi's aren't worth it in a small ass city like A-dam. You can walk across the place in 20 minutes.

Does anyone know the time when A-dam has the absolute guarenteed lest tourism? I would LOVE to see the quiet version of Amsterdam.

Been there a few times during the summer and I hate streets packed with smelly summer back-packers. Do they have so much shit in their bags that they can't fit a deodorant stick in there? Sheesh

i went in march and it was pretty dead so is october normally ,

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
well from what I'm hearing at the moment the Expo for the HT cup will be in the north Amsterdam
which means ferries from the back of centraal over to the north and its bloody cold & wet here
in late Nov so wrap up well

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
amsterdam is a great bike city, its completly flat. i have rented a bike every time i was there, best way to get around. in november it might be chilly though so i'm thinking about the trams, as far as i saw, they have great public transportation. but if its not snowy or icy, i'll stick to the bike.

G

Thanks for the info guys...I think the next time I'll go is most likely in december when there's some snow on the ground. I bet it makes Amsterdam so amazingly picture-esque.

As for the tram....not too sure about that either. Last time I was there I had to buy a whole shitload of tickets since apparently for every one you use, you give one to the government..Think I'll keep my money thanks. Or at least spend it on a good joint.

SeñorSativa_OG - next time don't buy tickets ON the tram it is more expensive - go to a newsagents / tourist tat shop and ask for a strippenkaart - 7 hours of tram riding in the centeral zone for less than 7eu :wave:

Ms.Grat3ful

Sunshine DayDreamer
Veteran
SeñorSativa_OG said:
Thanks for the info guys...I think the next time I'll go is most likely in december when there's some snow on the ground. I bet it makes Amsterdam so amazingly picture-esque.

As for the tram....not too sure about that either. Last time I was there I had to buy a whole shitload of tickets since apparently for every one you use, you give one to the government..Think I'll keep my money thanks
. Or at least spend it on a good joint.
I would like to offer a very helpful tip that we recieved after the first couple days and let me say my legs were soooo grateful to meet up with public transportation!... :D

Here's what cha do... You go to centraal station and there are these photo booths... ya know, like the ones you do with your friends at a carnival... :smile: .. anyway, you get an strip of pictures made and then find your way to the.... to the....:chin: Visitor's Center....

....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
anyway, You can get these passes when you show them your passport and it cost's 11 euro for a week worth of travel within your zone...
... so then you can look at coffee shop maps figure out where you wanna go and then look at the city tram map and plan your route...

just an option... we bought some of those strips too, then we found out about the visitors special :D

Latest posts

Latest posts