What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 420 Cannabis Cup 2015

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
What's the cheapest way to hit the cup? Total hotel,food transportation

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah adding papers and lighter to the pack is fine, but time was against us last time. as for grinders etc, they will crush the samples.

cheapest way to make the trip is to use a couch surfing site, or book yourself into a youthhostel. also quite cheap is airbnb is also quite cheap if you are willing to take a room in someones apartment.

Skip

Veteran
And there's always the Vondelpark... lol!

I miss that place, esp on warm summer days.

The Blue Teahouse is a great place to hang and grab a beer.

Unfortunately, it seems Amsterdam isn't so cannabis friendly anymore.

How about moving it to Spain someday?

Much cheaper to do and lots of Spanish Seed Companies to help sponsor!

Anyone wanting to sponsor or get involved in a US IC420, esp on West Coast is welcome to contact me about it.
We do want to do that someday, perhaps soon.

The ONLY official ICMag 420 is the Amsterdam one.

ICMag has not been involved in anything else presently or in the past.
And nobody has the authority to present any other event as and IC anything, without our official approval.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
What's the cheapest way to hit the cup? Total hotel,food transportation
Book whatever your booking far in advance. Airbnb and hotels around that time pump their prices real high and usually out of space by the beginning of april.
When I got to the cup last time the accomodation was by far the most expensive part.

I got food in the supermarket and it's quite cheap in the bigger super markets, at least for a veggiterian diet.

In the center of Amsterdam the only way to properly move around is walking or a bicycle.
If you stay outside of the center I think the trains work better than the busses. I'm not sure about the prices though.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
you mean the trams mate? theyre everywhere, very frequent and 2 euros gets you an hour ticket, thats enough to get anywhere in the city and if you're only popping in and out of a place (like a coffeeshop ;)) then quite often you can get the return journey within the hour as well...

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
Book whatever your booking far in advance. Airbnb and hotels around that time pump their prices real high and usually out of space by the beginning of april.
When I got to the cup last time the accomodation was by far the most expensive part.

I got food in the supermarket and it's quite cheap in the bigger super markets, at least for a veggiterian diet.

In the center of Amsterdam the only way to properly move around is walking or a bicycle.
If you stay outside of the center I think the trains work better than the busses. I'm not sure about the prices though.

Thanks for the info. It gives me a better idea of what I need to do. I will start researching now. Peace and puffs

sackO

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway

And if you are walking, watch out for bicycles! They move in packs, and they have the right of way over pedestrians there!

Also, if you've never been to Amsterdam, it should be said that it sure looked like a place NOT to be if you are in a wheelchair. It's all cobblestone, and I saw NO ramps anywhere.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
And if you are walking, watch out for bicycles! They move in packs, and they have the right of way over pedestrians there!

Also, if you've never been to Amsterdam, it should be said that it sure looked like a place NOT to be if you are in a wheelchair. It's all cobblestone, and I saw NO ramps anywhere.
I've seen a bicycle crash into a new Tesla S model in Amsterdam.
The bicycle girl just carried on driving, got chased by the Tesla (yeh, no kidding she could catch her) just to find out there's practically nothing she could do against bicycle riders. The bicycle girl just flipped her the bird and carried on.
Bicycle trumps any other way of transportation when it comes to dutch laws. And some drive like maniacs.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
basically in amsterdam you have 3 areas of road, the middle is for cars, then there are bike lanes and then come the pedestrian pavements. this means any time you cross you need to watch out at the bike lane and then again in the car part. so if not used to this it can be confusing and dangerous. specially in the center of town the bikes come in groups and if you are in the bike lane when they get green you are fucked. but it gets worse, about half the bikers will run the red light if it looks like they can slip past with the bike, so as a pedestrian you can't even rely on the zebra crossing when green as there will be bikes zipping past, green or not. lol. so yeah lots of concentration needed at those spots, specially when you just come from a 4 hour session in a coffee shop :) even just walking up the Damrak can be a big pain, so many people lolling about gazing around in wonder that you can't walk at more then a crawl and the only free area to walk is, you guessed it the bike lane, lmao. so yeah, quite some traps for the unwary tourist. if you want to hear dutch swearing just walk in the bike lane, lol

Laza Haze

Illyrian blood
Veteran
Hope one day(soon), our Italian dik head politicans decide to wake up and legalize it.So the best place in Eu for IC cup will be Mandolino for sure!.....All in! :D

Btw wish u all,a wonderful 2015 IC cup. :friends:

+ vibes

zamzia

Veteran
lets make 2016 the best and biggest yet, all potential contestants need to start planning the crop thats gonna be their entries. make sure to allow yourself plenty of extra time, it's no good sending your entry a day before the entry deadline lol.

Rock N Roll. Something to look forward to - something I always need.

And there's always the Vondelpark... lol!

I miss that place, esp on warm summer days.

The Blue Teahouse is a great place to hang and grab a beer.

Unfortunately, it seems Amsterdam isn't so cannabis friendly anymore.

How about moving it to Spain someday?

Much cheaper to do and lots of Spanish Seed Companies to help sponsor!

Anyone wanting to sponsor or get involved in a US IC420, esp on West Coast is welcome to contact me about it.
We do want to do that someday, perhaps soon.

The ONLY official ICMag 420 is the Amsterdam one.

ICMag has not been involved in anything else presently or in the past.
And nobody has the authority to present any other event as and IC anything, without our official approval.
I'm in the Bay Area and would be happy to accommodate. Sorry I don't have any genetics of my own yet, but I would be happy to take some time off from work and meet some of you Ents at a big barbecue or something.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
If there is something good to enter lying about we will come and enter something. If not it will be the pinball comp again with random spot prizes if there is enough but not too much interest. Might be a bit busy though so won't be over for long. 18-21st

Latest posts

Latest posts