What's new

IC 4/20 Seed Auction Fundraiser!

SCP2

Below I said, "I feel VERY OFFENDED BY SEEDBAY. There is a four lot auction up for invited ICMag people only. What gives? ..."

OK let's end this now before it starts. First. THANK YOU to KarmaGirl and Phillthy for the information they have provided. I understand now.

Second, THANK YOU to OP and all the people who make this community work. I really appreciate all the hard work that's involved. Again I thank you for your time.

Third, It really all boils down to language. The word 'invited' is VERY OFFENSIVE to me. As written it states that not only do I have to be a member of IC, but I ALSO have to be invited. This may be a case of gasoline vs petrol or corn vs maize. In England it may sound OK, here in America it does not sound good to me.

Here's my copy/paste of the phrase: "IC mag invited subscribers". If you remove the word 'invited' here and at the bid box you've lost nothing and gained clarity and respect. You might gain clarity by using the word 'paid' instead of 'invited'.

I'd also like to see a link of ICM membership info on each page there's an member auction. But that is just a suggestion. I understand that may not be feasible. I do think the idea of private auctions for members only is interesting and worth a shot. If I didn't give a damn about IC I wouldn't be taking the time to write all this.

Good public relations is always feasible.

Fourth and finally to all the 'how dare some newbie come along and criticize' crowd, get a life. When sites are dominated by newbies and vets sharing info sites grow and develop super fast. When the vets just moan and groan the newbies leave, the vets die and the site is gone. So yes you own this site. How dare someone come along and not even criticize but simply express their feelings. This part continues with my message on Classyathome's message board.

Hey SCP2...you're arguing semantics here with regard to the word invited.
Burn a bowl, kick back and let's move on.
FYI: vets don't "own" the site, we all contribute.
So contribute...or move on down the road.
I'm no vet, but I've never been shown anything but respect here, probably because that's the only thing I show the other members. Give it a shot.

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its good of ya to post again and kinda retract your first post, I respect that.
However, classy wasnt that out of line. When someone comes in and acts like they are being screwed over with an all caps yell and has but a few posts, it shouldnt be a surprise to get such a response.
" Do I have to be white, protestant, male, and have a hundred posts or some such shit?
Equal access to all or end it. I will not be part of any negative situation and this smells."
Kind of aggresive, combative, and a bit disrepectful wouldn't ya say?
In reality, the info about membership is all here to see and even in some of the ad banners on the top of the page. if you'd researched what a subscriber was, you wouldnt have shot out in anger. Posts like that can provoke a quick response in others. You must remember what kind of forum and community this is. Our passion is not illegal in the ether, but it is most other places. People can lose alot and take an honest risk just being here.
Thus, being respected, accepted, or trusted, comes with time, your attitude and your contributions to the site (whether they are grow threads, humor, sharing your knowledge or whatever.)
In other words, let classy's response to you go.
For all you know, he/she is someone you may have alot in common with and may want to know. Heck, personally, I'd apologize and move past it. We all have to live together here.
Rm

SCP2

I have an apology to make, THE ALL CAPS WAS A BIG MISTAKE (and I promise I will never use them here again.) I am new enough at computers to wonder why people use little letter combos like lol. Yes I now know it means laughing out loud. And thanks to Motabon's comment and a little research I now realize that all caps means yelling and screaming at the top of one's lungs on the internet. This pretty accurately led to the charge "aggresive, combative, and a bit disrepectful". Again thanks to Motabon's description of the site's membership I understand why people were pissed.

However (I almost used all caps again, that's a hard habit to break) this confusion merely points up the language problem that started this rant. Just as my language habits have offended some here and they have been quick to point it out, so does the elitist quality of the word 'invited' offend me and frankly probably many others. It should be eliminated and the word 'paid' used instead.

I make this comment now because now is when it's possible to make a change. There's been a small change of this or that every day it seems. This is the time of tinkering and fine tuning.

I am sorry for any offense I caused by the way in which I stated that I was offended by the elitist word 'invited' as used on Seed Bay. However I stand by my position. The phrase 'paid' membership makes more sense. Again as Motabon says, "move past it."

The new SeedBay is fantastic. If you haven't been you're missing something. It is important to me that no one misunderstand my appreciation of the work that goes into creating something like this. I especially have respect for the breeders who do so much work to produce a bag of ten seeds. The daily traffic is double the old traffic because the new Bay is so much better. Webmaster and assistants you deserve great praise.

As of this afternoon there were three lots in the $900 area with three days to go. It'll really be neat to see them go over a thousand. Now that's real respect.

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey bud, thats way good of ya! Seems you've already learned alot in a few posts. I know what ya mean though, I'd never been on a forum before this pad. THere's plenty of peeps around that aren't man or woman enough to apologize for anything, much less realize why folks get upset. I bet tomorrow will bring a smoother time. Be good to yourself!
All my best,
RM

cannabowl

Perplexing Magnum Opus
ICMag Donor
Thought I would clarify that Sputniks on the server fund auction are a Apollo 13 x Black Russian Backcross. Not to be confused with Paradise Seeds offering.

Peace,
Canna

p.s. Here is a pic of the C99 mom
14347DSC_3054_2_.JPG

Retardo Motabon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Retardo motabon Grape Krush listing solution. Surprise!

Retardo motabon Grape Krush listing solution. Surprise!

All Retardo Motabon Grape Krush auctions are typo'd.
The actual seeds folks are bidding upon are Bubba Kush x Grape Krush
As the listings on auctions cant be changed once bid upon, I came up with a solution that will make the bidders happy.

Those who win auctions listed as: Retardo Motabon Grape Krush
will recieve my Grape Krush F2's as freebies with their order.

Oh yeah, I added some surprise seeds that will be packaged within the GK F2 freebie bags . Some Rez beans (Snowdog BX1, ChemDD x SD IBL), original DJ short Grape Krush ( From my DJ GK packs I purchased(not f2's)), etc... blah blah blah! The surprise seeds will be labeled and separated from the GK F2's to avoid seed mix ups. The surprise seeds are from breeder packs I purchased, not homemade.

happy bidding folks,
RM

If you want the scoop, click the link to my GK thread below

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=106322

Thats yer heads up folks!
RM

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OP-...My new batch o UN CRUSHED beans make it?...lol
good vibes

Thought I would clarify that Sputniks on the server fund auction are a Apollo 13 x Black Russian Backcross. Not to be confused with Paradise Seeds offering.

Peace,
Canna

p.s. Here is a pic of the C99 mom
14347DSC_3054_2_.JPG
jeeebus man! BIG UPS for clarifying that its the real Spoetnik 2.0!
:respect::friends:

good vibes

Shit RM!!! Ima have to go bid more then!...lol

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
yeah RM auction winners are in for a treat
big hats off to Retardo Motabon for his offer and I'm more than happy to sort it my end

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
Retardo Motabon and cannabowl, you are some great sharing and caring guys!

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
esbe you have also done more then your share to help out

IC mag appreciates it

whiskeytango420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I should've slid a piece o paper in the envelope OP...If its not there, Ill type up a description.
good vibes

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
yeah the paper is with them but easier if you post it up then I just have to copy & paste it

whiskeytango420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
no prob OP!!! I cant remember all the ones I sent. Can ya read off the strains on the packs for me? Ill write out, and attach a few pics...
good vibes