What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I want to be formal, but I'm here to party

saitama

Hi. I'm back. :wave:

Should I start a new thread or continue this one?

0ckqo0Ph.jpg

saitama

And we're off to the races. I put 4 beans into a shot glass on May 1. The strain is Robert Bergman's Gold Leaf*** fem. I wanted to run genetics that I didn't 'care' about because it has been a while and I am rusty.

I kind of went down a rabbit hole after watching an LED Gardener video and got into grow room automation, so I will be including bits of that here as well. I prototyped a NodeMCU + DHT22 sensor and have integrated it with my Home Assistant server as well as a few smart plugs. I have effectively removed all manual timers from my grow room and have the added benefit of power monitoring -- all from a central location. I will probably add pH/EC monitoring down the line, but that is an expensive task.

Today's pics:

UmawHEmh.jpg

One of the four beans was a little...well, special. So it's now hanging out in my fiance's indoor herb garden.

rPFdG6Gh.jpg

Here is a picture of the wifi temp/hygrometer. I absolutely love this thing. I may eventually put it in a nice case and solder it all up, but let's be honest...I won't. :biggrin:

TXyFvvNh.jpg

Here's a screenshot of the Home Assistant UI that I'm using to monitor the plants. I have email alerting set up for 90F since I'm these girls are under LED.

hat4g7eh.jpg

saitama

I'm planning on throwing one of the three girls outside for an outdoor experiment (maybe), so I actually sprouted some new beans.

1x ACE Malawi X PCK fem
2x Ocean Grown Malibu Pie

I'm hoping for at least one female for the MP with a goal of 4 plants in the tent. If I get two males, I will keep the third gold leaf inside the tent.

I'm thinking of just keeping the GL in the solo cups to keep them small until the other girls catch up. I know this is not ideal, but I was just anxious to grow genetics that I actually was interested in.

Thoughts on this?

OSJ8O9Bh.jpg

saitama

Sorry for my lack of posts. I've decided that I'm going to move the 3x3 tent I've been growing in to the garage and just go all out ot on the room they're in (4x5ft). I just have to light proof the door and cut a hole in the floor for a vent. I'd rather get cold air from my crawl space, so that's why I'm cutting into the floor rather than the ceiling.

The seedlings are coming along nicely. 2x Malibu Pie on top and 1x Malawi x PCK on the bottom.

PokWStQh.jpg

The 3x Gold Leaf*** are very, very root bound and are requring feeding twice a day. I will be transplanting them to their airpots as soon as I get the tent moved out of that room. They will finish vegging in the garage tent until they're ready for flower and moved into the flower room.

MFlNZyPh.jpg

AZ4zMFYh.jpg

I made some room the garage for the 3x3 today. I'll post some pics later of that process. Please excuse my messy toolbox. It definitely needs some love.

Nsi6dNBh.jpg

saitama

Finished up the move today. There was an available duct/vent in the garage, so I went ahead and used it. I also transplanted and topped/trimmed the GL while I was at it. They were definitely looking for more room, based on their roots.

I'm looking forward to not having to deal with a tent for my flower space!

BwVQp5uh.jpg

NOTgKcch.jpg

jf0CwZHh.jpg

iIVdNInh.jpg

starke

I could not believe how much easier life got when I was able to move into a purpose built grow space and out of my 5x5 Gorilla tent. The tent is still stuffed under the bed. Happy looking plants.

saitama

Things are still moving right along. Today is day 32 since the FL went into the shot glass.

I had some LED boards built by a member here and I finally decided to put them to use. 192x 5000k and 192x 3500k lm561c at 200w. This thing is a beast, I love it.

14HlkpBh.jpg

nlsGVeqh.jpg

ubsC18Kh.jpg

saitama

The flower room is just about ready to go. I will trim the older girls and then throw them in there soon enough. I had to drill a hole into my crawl space for an intake. That was fun.

I will probably either redo the pond liner or go with a 4x4 flood tray, depending on how long it holds up.

ojHxrDxh.jpg

09X0Zt8h.jpg

fzmt1GJh.jpg

UXU7EUDh.jpg

saitama

Putting the the final touches on the flower room today. Just gotta get the power strips in order and light proof the door. Should be ready tomorrow.

2d46Ywbh.jpg

3NurhZWh.jpg

oBySCbCh.jpg

jc3Raq1h.jpg

saitama

Up potted the small and moved the bigger girls to their new home. Set up all the automation for the new room. Gotta keep an eye on the dash and make sure I don't have any runaway conditions.

Reconfigured my main dashboard. Still so much to play with and optimize.

oDUYGoPh.png

Latest posts

Latest posts