What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I remember

420shooter

$35 a lid or $10 a finger
music on reel to reel or 8 track
buying needles and cartridges for a turntable
school field trips to fish and shoot

dddaver

Veteran
Apr. 1 was opening day for trout season in Central NY and going fishing was a valid excuse to take the day off from school in the county I grew up in. That was the '60s. I wonder if they still allow that. I doubt it. I suppose too many truants not really going fishing I imagine would be the argument against that now. And nowadays that'd be mostly true too I think.

420shooter

Apr. 1 was opening day for trout season in Central NY and going fishing was a valid excuse to take the day off from school in the county I grew up in. That was the '60s. I wonder if they still allow that. I doubt it. I suppose too many truants not really going fishing I imagine would be the argument against that now. And nowadays that'd be mostly true too I think.
When I lived in rural Wisconsin the schools were closed for the whole firearm season since most of the kids would have the "flu" anyway.
i miss my country.:frown:

I remember Thai Stick. it was a stick with a bud on it held together with a string of hemp fiber...you unwrapped the string and removed a bud... That shit HAD to be treated with opium...because your brain left your head on the first toke

JustanOldstoner

I remember my mom telling me that they had caught my brother smoking weed, and wanted to know if I had ever gotten high. I never had.. I'd always wanted to try it, but was always too afraid of being stomped-on by my dad, and grounded forever. We had a good talk, and I realized that they were a "little" more open-minded than I had ever given them credit for. Naturally, I took that as a free pass, and got with our school's número uno high-on the next day.
BTW- we got our first microwave oven right around the same time- one of the best Spring's of my life.

usda101

I remember late 80s early 90s I used to bounce back and forth from guadaluhara and puerto vallarta . My hispanic buddies worked time share out there during the days so i had the native hookups . Used to give them 20 bucks for weed run an they come back wit bag full lol . We would get ripped on the beach then hit the Iguana lounge for authentic fiesta with the owner Gus . Them were the days .

sutra1

I remember "Quasar, the quality goes in before the name goes on" shit was going through my head fore I fell asleep last night. Synapses misfiring I guess...........

Mr_Grimbo

Although I had a personal issues at the time that I remember as well, the first real big thing I remember in my young life was the Day JFK was buried, sitting with my parents in front of the 13 inch black and white TV in our main room...

Mr. Grimbo

Bruja64

Mr Grimbo~ Your memories of JFK's funeral made me remember two "historic" moments in my young life: First, my Dad making me watch the moon landing, and "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." I was all of 5.
The other was: Watching "Tricky Dicky" resigning on live TV. My Mother said "Hush up! I want to hear this!" And so I shut my loud mouth and listened too. I was all of 8 years old at that time. Remember Nixon's "War On Drugs?" What a joke of a president he was!

JustanOldstoner

:laughing: Yeah, I remember watching all of the Apollo missions as a little kid, and wanting to be an astronaut. Came close- turned into a space cadet lol! Good times!

Bruja64

Were Blue Chip stamps the same(or similar) to Green Stamps? We used to save up Green Stamps for something really cool from the catalog. Always exciting to see how many green stamps my mother got when we left the grocery store! :woohoo:

sutra1

Yeah, Green Stamps! My mom used to try to get as many as possible, they were called S&H Green Stamps.

Easygrowing

Veteran
:laughing: Yeah, I remember watching all of the Apollo missions as a little kid, and wanting to be an astronaut. Came close- turned into a space cadet lol! Good times!

BUT-in a way,you are your own personal Austronaut JO-and out at own space-so dream came true,and not even so Dangerous,as in real life-and you can do many many travelling-out at the outerspace.

i remember-i have forgot some..but-cant remember-what-typical..

But those time-then we could buying Red Libanon and pure Nepalhash in mittle of 80,s-thats was then,there was good hash outthere..light orangered and looks like dirt,but a pleausure,for smoke in a big chillum and cakes right after-great time-and soilhookas. Only 25 years back..and few more..and over to the kebabman-and the kiosk with pancakes with nutella intothen winter and cociocacaomilklol then we walked around 18 kilometres for came home lol.got some pipes--at the way home..in the bus,it,s a no no-then better walk even long way home.
Roger..

Latest posts

Latest posts