What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I might try this this summer.:)

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
any other thoughts/opinions.

quote: also If you topdress the soil with npk pellets they'll take off maybe a bit of lime too like 4 spoons evenly distributed over surface , then cover the lime and organic npk ferts with a bit of compost and universal potting soil , the strongest you can findquote:

I cant find the npk pellets. and what kind of lime do I need to get.

also I now have 2 baby gorilla plants in my 2ed spot.:D.

stj2006

Hey man, that HSkunk looked beautiful. I hope you get some lovely looking plants this year. There's still a good month of growing left if your in the UK and would be quite similar in countries near the UK.

How many hours of direct sunlight vs shaded light are they getting a day?

Good luck

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Im in south texas. my plants will start showing there sex in August.
this year is kinda gunna be a bit of a flop. so if all me plants turn out female Ill get some good flowers but no 3 ounce yield pre plant this year.

cuz for some reason the plants didn't grow to big this time. Im think its cuz they might have gotton too much water.

so I guess Ill just have to wate and see what happends in the end.:D

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
new pix of em.
next month they should all show there sex. so far I have 1 felame our of 19 lil plants.

Last edited:

THC123

Veteran
they are lookin fine , why don't you transplant them into the ground or a bigger pot?

i use pelletized lime , but any lime will do , npk pellets are brown pellets made of dried shit

Hey cheesebuds, youre plants look good man, nice and green. If you want to give em a boost why not use liquid nutes like Earth Juice or Age Old. OR if youre not wholly commited to the organic method, you could scratch in some chemical ferts. You can even grind up rabbit food or any other kind of alfalfa and brew a tea to feed them. Theres tons of options and lots of info around here.

Are you going to plant those potted ones in the ground once they're sexed? I think you should at least put the females into bigger pots because more roots= more buds :)

Also make sure you get dolomitic lime because other kinds of lime wont have as much magnesium as dolo and could burn your plants if your not careful.

Happy growing- wishing you many beautiful ladies in your garden!

Marcellas

Veteran
Hey cheesebuds, looks great!! I also have exactly 19 little plants outside that will show sex in about a month, but mine are in the ground... Lets both hope for a lot of sexy females!! It will be cool to compare our results.. Keep up the good work :D

Marcellas

Veteran
And I'd like to add that this year I planted my plants around mid/end of May. Than we had about 5 weeks of straight RAIN. A few sunny days here and there but the soil never got a chance to really dry up so the roots never stretched much, so my plants also remained small. I lost a few to overwatering.

But than the past couple weeks have been almost straight sun everyday, and I've really noticed a boost in growth with my 19 survivors. I actually lost a few more because of the recent drought! But they're all still kind of small but thats ok for me. I just want a lot of females like you!! Good luck :joint:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
OK so now I have 2 females. cant wate to see which of the other ones end up female.
And I am gunna repot the 1s in the smaller pots into bigger pots just as soon as they show ther sex.

also gave them there last veg ferts cuz next month is flower time.
and so far so green so yea hooray.:D

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
cheesey I like this one.

anyway Ill get some pix as soon as I can. I do wish they were as bigger as the last 2 years but I planted a bit to late in the year.

so as I alwase say something is better than nothing right.:D

THC123

Veteran
lookin good there cheesey

say if you can't find the npk pellets, try something liquid cuz the plants could use a bit of feeding

If you want them bigger , repot to a b igger pot or put in the ground

good luck will be watching this grow

bye

moonie

How much direct sun are they getting? I see in a bit of the pics quite a bit of shade around the plants, more light bigger plants.

Why not just cut some clones and toss them into 14 hour dark for a week as soon as they root?

That way you could potentially get another couple extra weeks of them in much bigger pots, potentially getting good sun. What kind of soil are you using?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
some good news is that I got a nother female. So now that makes 3 females. yea yea.
Let the countdown begin.
sure do hope the rest of em show there sex soon and end up female. but I really hope the bushy one in the middle of em is female cuz I counted many growth tops.:D

also I rearanged them a little bit so thye'll get a bit more sunlight.
Ill get some new pix on fryday or saturday.:D