What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

HorseBadoritiz

the end of sept, and peppers are coming in fast and furious- cayenne,serrano, yellow hots, jalapeno, georgia flame, ghosts, and even the reapers... and check out the weird growing pattern of these reapers- '3' pics , 2 look weird, and the 3rd is a ripe reaper on the same plant
Those are weird looking! Are they from saved seeds?

Paper lanterns are coming in fast.
Paper Lantern.jpeg

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Those are weird looking! Are they from saved seeds?

Paper lanterns are coming in fast.
View attachment 18760720

hey ... no these are plants i overwinter in my greenhouse room - they gotta be 5-6yrs old- they def don't look like reapers but on the same plant there are def reapers - i took a small piece of one of the small odd looking ones.... and its a Mo-Fo.... tooooo hot for me... its strange

420mt

Ancient Alien
Veteran
UPDATE after more research we came up with a scotch bonet, now waiten on the color .... alrighty boys can u identify this one its from a pepper joe mystery hottest pepper mix, figure its gotta be in the shape
mystery hott 1.jpg

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2nd year growing hot peppers. Last year I had one jalapeno plant that netted me a gallon of tequira style slices.

This year I have 2 Sugar Rush Peach that have a ton of peppers formed. I'm waiting for them to ripen which takes a long time. I plan on making my first hot sauces with them. A pineapple one and a blueberry one, both lacto-fermented.

They're significantly hotter than a jalapeno, but not quite a habanero heat. I'm pretty excited.

420mt

Ancient Alien
Veteran
that's killer man ,, Pot & Hot peppers all the way I have, DB , ghost, chipotle jalp, red reaper, and scotch bonnet yellow u can bet i will be making sum sauce

St. Phatty

Are green and red bell peppers sold in American supermarkets GMO, i.e. the seeds no good ?

I dried some seeds and also gave them a day in the freezer.

But so far, no sprout.

the tomato seeds that I dried did sprout.

420mt

Ancient Alien
Veteran
Stores i go to usually have both, most of the time though I buy from quality gmo free seed companies
Never knew gmo doesnt germ Thats a good thing imo

420mt

Ancient Alien
Veteran
Is it flowering? If it is, and you're not seeing fruit set, you might try some hand pollinating. If it's just a bunch of leaves and no flowers, probably too much N.
Also to help Put a fan in front of the plants once a week if not always... Big Help

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Is it flowering? If it is, and you're not seeing fruit set, you might try some hand pollinating. If it's just a bunch of leaves and no flowers, probably too much N.
It did flower but nothing appeared, hand pollination with such tiny flowers would be difficult at best.
I haven't added any fertiliser so I don't think nitrogen would be a problem.

Also to help Put a fan in front of the plants once a week if not always... Big Help
It's outdoor in a shadehouse so a fan is out due to rain.