What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

Lotto

hey guys - who in the states can i get legit 7pot peppers from?? - i usually buy my seeds from seedsavers, burpee, park, etc but they don't have em- thanks

Found some. Saved seed from 2018 crop. Have not grown since. Too much scorch for me. PM me and I can send them out. Can't vouch for germination. Stored cool.

HorseBadoritiz

Found some. Saved seed from 2018 crop. Have not grown since. Too much scorch for me. PM me and I can send them out. Can't vouch for germination. Stored cool.

Did you grow them near other peppers? Peppers are pretty bad about cross pollinating. I had 7 pots once, along with other hots, they ended up being 9 or 10 pots, lol!

Lotto

Did you grow them near other peppers? Peppers are pretty bad about cross pollinating. I had 7 pots once, along with other hots, they ended up being 9 or 10 pots, lol!

I do not isolate and your right, peppers are a horny bunch. Most of my saved pepper seed grows true. Maybe just lucky.

HorseBadoritiz

I do not isolate and your right, peppers are a horny bunch. Most of my saved pepper seed grows true. Maybe just lucky.

I'd go with lucky, lol! My Lemon Aji's went from bright yellow to dark purple/black, Fatalii's showed up brown! Didn't lose any heat though.

Lotto

Never had an accidental Lemon Drop or Fatalii cross. Always grown true to type. Made powder this year with Sarit Gat, Lemon Drop and a small amount of Fatalii. Bright yellow and so good. If you need seed give me a holler.

HorseBadoritiz

Never had an accidental Lemon Drop or Fatalii cross. Always grown true to type. Made powder this year with Sarit Gat, Lemon Drop and a small amount of Fatalii. Bright yellow and so good. If you need seed give me a holler.

Thanks for the offer. I keep getting slacker and slackerer in my old age, just ordered 24 plants for an early May delivery, lol!

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
just checked my over-wintering pepper plants, n my reapers r full of white flowers- my 1st thought is to clip them, as they will not be put outdoors for 3 months... any thoughts??

Lotto

I remove buds as they show on over wintered peppers. Just the buds, no branch pruning until April. The few kept over the winter will go out in May.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Here is one of my Carolina Reapers planted in a planter box and already getting fruit.

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
It doesn't have that effect on me.

i love hot...BUT... i find no socially redeeming qualities in a reaper.... i grow em more as a novelty , with some of em , i grind em up and use it on some foods (very sparingly) , some friends will take a few of em, the majority i give to a local mexican restaurant, and he eats em whole, and makes a salsa out of em...

this year its reapers,7pot,serrano,jalapeno's,cayenne, and some other seeds i bought this year...

HorseBadoritiz

i love hot...BUT... i find no socially redeeming qualities in a reaper.... i grow em more as a novelty , with some of em , i grind em up and use it on some foods (very sparingly) , some friends will take a few of em, the majority i give to a local mexican restaurant, and he eats em whole, and makes a salsa out of em...

this year its reapers,7pot,serrano,jalapeno's,cayenne, and some other seeds i bought this year...

The reapers really tone down heatwise when they are fermented... still hot, but it's a tasty kind of heat, lol!

Jalepenos kill me. They give me the hiccups so bad I wish someone would shoot me. I've been asked to leave restaurants, lol!

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Tried a curry with one carolina reaper in it, it was hot but not the hottest I have had, gonna have to try one by itself one of these days.