What's new

I love the hottest peppers!

mexweed

Veteran
7 pot primo
IMG_20220409_121837.jpg

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Hey what's up all. I still haven't been able to do a stealth grow but I couldn't take it anymore I had to grow something!! Since I love spicy food I googled the hottest pepper and found the bhut jolokia. I also ordered a few of the other hottest peppers to have a variety.

Bhut jolokia
Chocolate bhut jolokia
Yellow bhut jolokia
Naga moriche
Trinidad scorpion
Trinidad seven pot
Caribbean red habanero
Congo black habanero
Peruvian aji

I planted them Saturday and since then I had 1 Caribbean 1 Seven Pot and about 8 aji sprout. Spicy peppers are known to take a full 3-4 weeks to germinate so I gotta be patient. I planted them in a 105 jiffy pod dome. I removed the sprouted ones into small styrofoam cups with 2 holes in bottom and filled with Miracle Grow organic choice garden soil.

I'm looking for what nutes to feed and feedback :)

pics soon
DO NOT BUY... seeds from pepperhead.com... i bought '4' diff packs this spring, and not one of em sprouted.... NOT ONE... they are started in the same parkseed bio-dome as the other seeds from park/burpee/seedsavers/etc, which ALL have sprouted..

pepperhead.com = SHITTY SEEDS.... DONOTBUY

Betterhaff

Veteran
So is all that Heat in the peppers just a taste, or is it a sign of energy content in the seeds ?
i got a cayenne seed stuck between my teeth, right up against the gum. Damn the burn. I broke it with a tooth pick which didn't help and finally got it out with some floss. There was some energy there, lol

I don't think the energy of the heat has anything to do with the energy of the plant. Genetics

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i brought my '3' reapers i overwintered in my green house room outside about 2 weeks ago- already one of the plants has a shit-load of peppers - they are small... real small, but i tried one yesterday- ofcourse its not reaper hot, but it def has a bit of fire , and it already has that reaper 'smell'-

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
so my overwintered reapers were brought outside around mid may, and i have dozens and dozens of flowers and a shitload of peppers.... but.... they are the size of a small (real small) grape.... many have already turned orange (not red yet)- i sampled a few yesterday at dinner.... hot.... definitely..... but certainly not reaper hot yet... i'm hoping the many flowers will produce regular size reapers...

Radicle Rye

so my overwintered reapers were brought outside around mid may, and i have dozens and dozens of flowers and a shitload of peppers.... but.... they are the size of a small (real small) grape.... many have already turned orange (not red yet)- i sampled a few yesterday at dinner.... hot.... definitely..... but certainly not reaper hot yet... i'm hoping the many flowers will produce regular size reapers...
sounds like you need to up pot the pepper into a bigger container.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i repotted only '1' of my reapers as the others are in much larger pots - the small...real small reapers are
Mo-Fo's.... real/real hot.... as hot as the normal size reaper...and now all the plants have the normal size fruit of em, tho none have turned red yet -

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i repotted only '1' of my reapers as the others are in much larger pots - the small...real small reapers are
Mo-Fo's.... real/real hot.... as hot as the normal size reaper...and now all the plants have the normal size fruit of em, tho none have turned red yet -
well they have turned red--- dozens and dozens of em- i am picking em every 2-3 days - and finally the lemon hots are coming in as well as the jalapeno's , the long john cayennes which almost taste like sweet peppers, almost no heat, serrano's are picking up-

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
the end of sept, and peppers are coming in fast and furious- cayenne,serrano, yellow hots, jalapeno, georgia flame, ghosts, and even the reapers... and check out the weird growing pattern of these reapers- '3' pics , 2 look weird, and the 3rd is a ripe reaper on the same plant

Attachments

• IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 71