What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

C

Capra ibex

I ate my first Chocolate Habanero the other day.... i am a major lightweight when it comes to hot peppers (although it doesn't stop me from growing superhots :) ).

The result was.... i can handle it pretty well, as long as i have milk to wash it away somewhat (i know, weak).... the taste is also very pleasant, kind of smoky, as compared to Carolina Reapers which i find very unpalatable, regardless of the over the top heat.

The Chocolate Habanero made my eyes water and a bit of sweat on my head, and i noticed that the heat kind of spiked when i would talk or breathe, and it was more bearable if i sat calmly, and milk worked very well to give me a break for a few seconds.
It also gave a nice warm feeling overall and the slight euphoria when the heat was tapering off.

Just thought i would share my experience with any other weak sauce pepper lovers.... try some Habaneros if you want to dip your toes into the borderline of hot-->>superhot.

Carolina Reapers are like putting a match out on your tongue. :biglaugh:

Sunshineinabag

so i got all four types of basil thriving....gonna get these joe e parkers started.......i love a good anaheim pepper. wanna grow out those shisitos......for burritooossss

dill786

I ate my first Chocolate Habanero the other day.... i am a major lightweight when it comes to hot peppers (although it doesn't stop me from growing superhots :) ).

The result was.... i can handle it pretty well, as long as i have milk to wash it away somewhat (i know, weak).... the taste is also very pleasant, kind of smoky, as compared to Carolina Reapers which i find very unpalatable, regardless of the over the top heat.

The Chocolate Habanero made my eyes water and a bit of sweat on my head, and i noticed that the heat kind of spiked when i would talk or breathe, and it was more bearable if i sat calmly, and milk worked very well to give me a break for a few seconds.
It also gave a nice warm feeling overall and the slight euphoria when the heat was tapering off.

Just thought i would share my experience with any other weak sauce pepper lovers.... try some Habaneros if you want to dip your toes into the borderline of hot-->>superhot.

that's the endorphins kicking in lol

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
You should omit milk, the endorphin kick will be worth it :) .
Seriously, I ad a few of these... very weird, with hallucinations... sure it did hurt but just for a few seconds before *booom*.

Betterhaff

Veteran

A very nice pepper report. Chocolate habs can be the hottest of that bunch… to me, the most flavorful. Right now I’m smiling.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
chili2.jpg

mutant chili.jpg

i made a cross between peters pepper and another weird shaped hot pepper strain i can t remember what was it :D (it was in 2016)

i saved the weirdest fruit and gonna germinate its seeds this year to see what will come out it was self pollinated

LostTribe

Premium user
do you guys germinate in soil or in a glass of water? Im having issues with a fresh batch of reapers and a few others in jiffy cubes on mat w t5's. Its cold in there at night I am thinking that's it.

C

Capra ibex

do you guys germinate in soil or in a glass of water? Im having issues with a fresh batch of reapers and a few others in jiffy cubes on mat w t5's. Its cold in there at night I am thinking that's it.

Directly in the soil, but some hot peppers are very hit and miss.

Sunshineinabag

i took an old cable box that had the cord (power cord) with it, i keep it under my germinator box for ambient temp. that may help. Soil cubes are my go to for peppers.
I picked up some hungarian hot wax peppers, and sweet orange peppers.

HorseBadoritiz

I think bottom heat is big. I try to keep mine about 80°.

Some peppers take longer, some seeds may be older and take longer?

I use potting soil with extra perlite in 2x2's in flats, with pretty good results.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i start all my seeds in park seed greenhouses
they have a small bottom tray, with a Styrofoam insert that has 60 slots and they give u plugs- put the plugs into the Styrofoam slots, there is a hole in each, drop the seed in, water and put on the clear plastic top - shit germinates real fast - best seed starter i have found

Gry

Veteran
Have a wonderful neighbor that works at a grocery store.
Brought me fresh chilies this morning.
Passillia and Hungarian wax.
Feel fortunate and blessed.
Going to be making a batch of curry this afternoon.