What's new

I love sweet coco!

N

noyd666

fit a piece of tubing on spout o w. can to reach, then you can practice aiming straight like we do.

S

SeaMaiden

uggh,im having such a bad day,the whole day iv been fuckin' with this pump,trying to get it to work,and nothing,man i just boxed it back up,and handwatered,gggrrr back to handwatering,now the problem is the plants are getting so bushy its hard to aim the watering can correctly and i already emailed g.h,well see,i had gone to homedepot and spent like 40dollars on all the little plastic fittings and hoses,for nothing

Good thing it was a gift, eh?

Let's see what we can find that won't do this to you straight out of the box.

Something like this would be far better. It's made for use in saltwater, that means that nutrients also won't corrode interior parts. Also, you can be fairly certain it'll work out of the box, because if you've ever known a single reefkeeper and how they behave when a brand new piece of equipment that their system is relying on isn't working well, then you'd know that the people who make crappy pumps have already had their heads removed.

http://www.marineandreef.com/Pumps_Marineland_Maxi_Jet_Utility_Pump_s/585.htm

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I have been using 396 gph ecoplus pumps in my 55gal res for over a year without a problem. Each one was $20-$30.

If you spent $40 on the fittings.. why not spend 20 more so you can actually use them?

i found a gently used lil giant1000 gph for like 45 bucks .. bottome feed pumps that leave 1/4 inch in the bottom are the best for flood and drain.

S

SeaMaiden

Little Giant pumps are some of the best, IMO/IME. If you want THE best, go for Iwaki.

catalyte

Veteran
the plants look healthy, if you wanted the plants to grow quicker i would raise them up in a donut around the bulb, for veg have the bottom of the bulb around the top of the plants...

T

TribalSeeds

I paid like $20 for my eco pumps and they came with all the fittings you could imagine including 1/2 & 3/4" fittings that fit perfect on all my tubing and pvc.
If you buy a pump at home depot make sure its an oil-free motor

Morcheeba*

Veteran
sweetestsin420,

nice grow log and there are some very good growers helping ya so im sure you will be pulling some sticky dank shortly and you must have an ac when growing in the tropics.....i was in the 80's in dec too and i use my ac almost all year but air exchange is key to managing temps.

good luck and peace

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I found the pumps at home depot to be overpriced, but your mileage may very. If you order a pump from amazon (or take your pick), you'll have it in under a week.

The ecoplus pumps I use have fittings for 1/2" and 3/4" tubing, but I've never looked for a pump with 1" fittings. Is that the ID or the OD (interior or outer dimension)? Because there are some tubes I've seen that are 1" OD but have a 3/4" ID, and if yours is the later, then the 3/4" fitting should work out fine.

catalyte

Veteran
it is a donut,the thing is i have some smaller plants under the bulb,but if i remove those,then its a perfect circle around the bulb,is that fine?

i also have the bottom of the bulb at the top of the plants,i was told this was the best way to encourage healthy stretch?its my first vertical so im pretty excited to see how it goes,

i also have a question to anti and s.m and greenburg,

can i buy a good reliable water pump in homedepot?do they have pumps with a 1in opening?i dont wanna have to buy 1/2 line,or could i just get whatever pump i find,then get an adapter of some kind to install the 1in polytubing?

i have like 20 bucks to spend on a pump lmao,im lame i know,but handwaterings is a pain in my ass

so is my budget sufficient,roughly how much would i be looking to spend on a waterpump at homedepot?

please im looking to maybe go tomorrow!

honestly, if you are new to this growing style (coco, vert) then i think you could do way better watering by hand, that way the plants will get individual attention and you will get a better feel for the plants needs.. once you got it down to a science, thats when you automate and get a pump and drippers.

just my :2cents:

hotboxes

start with a wick system. until you find a pump that suits ur needs. personally and this is just me but I will not start something unless I have everything needed to finish the job completely. Even then I will buy extra working parts like pumps just for said reasons if one breaks switching one out is easier than trying to re-figure your whole automated system because of a pump. stay on the task at hand. looking at you nute line up you can afford an extra pump or 2. Just look at the cost of the RE. I ran the whole H&G coco line I got for free but imho it was no better than the K.I.S.S. maxibloom. ebay has some great deals as well as the guys at HTG. Depending on your area you mite even find someone selling their whole set up for cheap on craigslist. Look around the deals are out there just gotta find them.