What's new

I love sweet coco!

S

SeaMaiden

which one will flip them,the 18/6 or 16/8? im hoping they do show sex,as itll make the flowering start sooner,will going from t5 24/0 to hps 18/6 or 16/8 get them showing sex?how should i go about this

I understood you to say that you've got them on an 18/6. If you increase the dark phase of the photoperiod by 2 full hours, they'll flip. Remember, the trigger for flowering in cannabis plants is DARK, not light. Increase the dark phase sufficiently and they are going to change from vegetative phase to regenerative (flowering).

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if not full on flip you will at least initiate pre-flowering and stretch, and it will throw off you day count for harvest, because of early flip.
you had the right idea of light period inducing hormones for flowering, but 18/6 does it enough compared to 24 hour light, and the switch to 12.12 is really what you & ur ladies are after

N

noyd666

looking pretty good there young lady, that must be the plastic you was worried about?

D

DHF

Make sure your muffin fan underneath the bare bulb is on it`s lowest setting to just assist in natural heat convection from said bulb , and allow your fan/scrubber combo to rid the room of as much heat and stank as possible on a consistent basis.........or........

What happens is all the heat and stank gets blasted up and around the room instead of getting rid of excess ambient temps/smells , and makes the a/c work harder to control environmental conditions..........

Elevated relative humidity till end of stretch is your friend as well , but we`ll get into that later.......

Good luck...DHF......:ying:.....

N

noyd666

:biggrin: if that plastic is panda film its ok , got 4 rooms of it:biggrin: might be why im off, why 36 hours, most bods just switch over to 12/12.lol bdid you get in and shut door to see if any light leaks? lots luck sweet pea.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
yeah. I have heard the "kickstart flowering by shocking plants with 48 hours of darkness" but I put it in the same boat as "hanging your plants to dry makes resin run to the buds".

I run 18/6 and go straight to 12/12, like most fellers 'round these parts.

Just thoughts. Do what pleases you.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive don 36 and 48 hour dark periods to "induce" flowering, had mixed results. nothing bad ever happens but not always does it really seem to make a diff.
the best advice for a quick flip i can give is what u already got figured... go from 18 hours of light to 12 hours of light, not 24 to 12, that gives a quicker turn around into flowering with or without the darked out "inducing" period.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i usually wait till like week 3ish to give the PK boosts, shooting powder, koolbloom, MOAB, whatev. it is. my plants are generally happy w base nutes plus some silica and a lil calmag if needed during "stretch" (first 2 weeks ish)
my2c

JAY LENWEED

Guys I don't change my nute formula from veg to bloom until they show flowers (7-10 days after light switch to 12 hours) and I use bloomastic in weeks 4,5,& 6. Plants continue to grow after the switch so imho they still require nitrogen. Hope this helps !!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ what he said,
just seems like most nute lines, if you look at them from start to finish, place their bloom boosters in later weeks rather than the early ones. im sure some very science-y threads exist to explain what plants need when. but.....
im just speaking from my exp.
less is more w nutes, a lil bit goes a long way.
try it on half the plants, see if u see a diff, do a lil mini side by side.... find out whats best 4u.
r u familiar w GH floraseries & the lucas formula? its the same ratio of nutes from veg thru flower, just upping the dosage but keeping ratio the same alla way thru. in my exp plants respond well to a simple, constant feeding. i've used many "multi bottle" brands, and they work well ime, just more to use,more 2 buy, but usually good results.

hope that helps.

T

TribalSeeds

well tomorrow,the lights come bacck,i did only 36,it really cant harm then at all,i made a thread ,should i use a bloombooster in the first week?to kick start flowering?these are the ones i have: bloombastic,mother of all blooms,an overdrive,top booster,bud x-xl and shooting powder,

can i use one of these to act like a starter bloom nutrient,like an budblood or open sesame?

i was thinkin' the moab,its 0-52-32
the an overdrive is 1-5-4

Holy shit!
You bought all that shit you dont need and cant even spend $20 on duct?
You could grow for a decade in that closet with a $15 bag of Kool Bloom and probably never finish the fucking thing!