What's new

I just fought a fire in my house

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to hear everything is going so great BG!! There is always good to be found in the bad if you dig deep enough. :joint:

D

draco

blessing wrapped in a bummer... I want the phone # of your shaman man ~ !

nice to hear some good news yea

carry on!

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Good thing you and family,pet doing good.

Sometimes it helps to pay attention to the family pet.Some odd behaviors,hard to do when high thou.:joint:

My 46 inch TV got on fire because I saw my cat sitting really close to the tv and looking at a odd spot on the tv which it never does.I called it a few times and it didn't even Move.Ears were fixed at a level that if you're around cats all your life you know that if it was small....it was gonna eat it.

So I get up and go to the TV and smelled smoke and unplugged the TV pretty fast.Since nothing else was plugged in around that area but an electrical smell.So I took the back off and turn the TV back on...

BAM...a pop sounds out of one of the projection tubes(Red,Blue,Green) and starts another fire along with like 3 to 6 inches of dust that accumulated over the years...it was only an 4 years old TV.....

So in the trash the TV goes and have a better one now.

I think the fire would have been prevented if I had taken the back cover off the TV and vacuumed out the Dust that was 6 inches high and around the projection tubes which gets really hot.

C

Cookie monster

Just poping in to see how your doing BG, those burns healing well?

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
BG: you are an inspiration! Great attitude and instinct.

And you are a sweetheart. Thanks Trichy! :)

Glad to hear everything is going so great BG!! There is always good to be found in the bad if you dig deep enough. :joint:

You are quite right, and the good is GREAT! I keep thinking of that old saying "There's a silver lining to every cloud".

blessing wrapped in a bummer... I want the phone # of your shaman man ~ !

nice to hear some good news yea

carry on!

Hehe, I got no shaman, just some fine herb and wonderful friends. I have found out who my true friends are, and the list is LARGE! Like I said, people who I have never met face to face, just online, have PMed me with many offers of assistance, financial and otherwise. My reallife friends have all stepped up bigtime as well, it's really nice to find out people care so much about you! :)

Good thing you and family,pet doing good.

Sometimes it helps to pay attention to the family pet.Some odd behaviors,hard to do when high thou.:joint:

My 46 inch TV got on fire because I saw my cat sitting really close to the tv and looking at a odd spot on the tv which it never does.I called it a few times and it didn't even Move.Ears were fixed at a level that if you're around cats all your life you know that if it was small....it was gonna eat it.

So I get up and go to the TV and smelled smoke and unplugged the TV pretty fast.Since nothing else was plugged in around that area but an electrical smell.So I took the back off and turn the TV back on...

BAM...a pop sounds out of one of the projection tubes(Red,Blue,Green) and starts another fire along with like 3 to 6 inches of dust that accumulated over the years...it was only an 4 years old TV.....

So in the trash the TV goes and have a better one now.

I think the fire would have been prevented if I had taken the back cover off the TV and vacuumed out the Dust that was 6 inches high and around the projection tubes which gets really hot.

Yeah, my dog was acting wierd all day, but I didn't think nothing of it, because everything seemed fine. Still, everything happens for a reason, maybe your TV was meant to catch on fire, so you could get another one. I keep thinking the same thing, my higher power has given me a HUGE blessing with this fire! My house is being remodeled, and insurance has given me many fat checks. Life in general has been frickin AWESOME since the fire! :jump:

Just poping in to see how your doing BG, those burns healing well?

Yessir, the ones on my neck are completely healed, and the ones on my back are close to being healed.

A big thanks to all of you, for all the kind words and good vibes. This has turned into such a positive thing, and I have to believe it's karma catching up with me. I've lived my life the best I can, and it seems like it's paying off! :wave:

BTW, I picked up some new patients, and am now WAYYYY under my limits, since some people are so concerned about my legal status. :rolleyes: Some trolls just try to pick up on anything that seems the least bit of bad, while ignoring the overwhelmingly good things. Get a life.

G

GOOROO

Hehe, I got no shaman, just some fine herb and wonderful friends. I have found out who my true friends are, and the list is LARGE! Like I said, people who I have never met face to face, just online, have PMed me with many offers of assistance, financial and otherwise. My reallife friends have all stepped up bigtime as well, it's really nice to find out people care so much about you! :)

heya budgood. Glad to hear your hanging well.
Funny I had to move all my shit this past week due to security concerns and problems with former patients of mine. I really noticed who cared and who didn't and a couple good friends helped me move everything in 2 days.

Got lucky and had an empty house pretty close!

I've found that karma is real, and almost always comes back in one way or another.

peace buddy
your friend JB

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Goddamn buddy, sounds like you narrowly avoided death. I'm glad you made it and you're mostly in one piece, I hope you go to the doc and get treatment for the burns!

K+ and get well soon!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
LOL, I can just imagine your dog, sitting in the living room, "man, I smell smoke SO strong! Doesn't master know the place is on fire? Master must think it's ok, what a freakin weaird species people are, don't know to run from fire! I guess I'll sit here until he tells me it's ok to freak out."

Hahaha

BudGood

Veteran
heya budgood. Glad to hear your hanging well.
Funny I had to move all my shit this past week due to security concerns and problems with former patients of mine. I really noticed who cared and who didn't and a couple good friends helped me move everything in 2 days.

Got lucky and had an empty house pretty close!

I've found that karma is real, and almost always comes back in one way or another.

peace buddy
your friend JB

You speak the truth right there! Karma is an interesting animal for sure. It can smile on you, or strike down a nasty shot on you, you get what you put in! ;)

Goddamn buddy, sounds like you narrowly avoided death. I'm glad you made it and you're mostly in one piece, I hope you go to the doc and get treatment for the burns!

K+ and get well soon!

Yeah, I'm good, great actually. Burns are all damn near healed, Silvadene and antibiotics took care of the physical concerns, and all the good vibes and prayers have all helped as well, probably more than anything else. I think between the good vibes, staying positive, my general physical health(pretty damn good except for the chronic migraines and scoliosis), and the burn cream/meds I healed really quick. Thanks! :joint:

LOL, I can just imagine your dog, sitting in the living room, "man, I smell smoke SO strong! Doesn't master know the place is on fire? Master must think it's ok, what a freakin weaird species people are, don't know to run from fire! I guess I'll sit here until he tells me it's ok to freak out."

Hahaha

Hehe, I'm sure he smelled it, I could smell a faint smell, but nothing too strong, thought it was my fireplace backdrafting. Won't be an issue any longer, all new electrical (I talked the guy into installing a 200A panel! :woohoo: ), and I'm getting a fireplace insert custom made & installed by a neighbor, besides actually heating the room when I burn a fire, I'll never smell a backdraft or smoke again from there, so I'll know somethings up. Plus, I'm adding smoke/thermal/CO monitors everywhere, all intertied together. I'm remodeling the kitchen and bathroom myself, it's coming out nicely! All in all, a blessing in disguise, totally. :jump:

Good to hear Budgood, I am glad everything is working out for you.

Thanks man, they really are. It's ALL good! :wave:

j6p

I don't even know why I'm posting this, other than I consider you all my family, and maybe to warn you all, make sure to keep a full size ABC extinguisher (for all kinds of fires), I had a dinky little thing that didn't do anything. If you don't have one there, install a smoke detector in the attic, this could've been averted mostly if there'd have been one in the attic.
Good to see that the outcome was so favorable, especially the new wiring and drywall. That old wiring was a real hazard. Hopefully this thread has caused readers to reassess their own fire security, especially for indoor grows and out-of-the-way spots such as attics, where fires often start. A fire security link is in my sig. BG, K+ for keeping us posted, and best wishes for a full recovery.

NotaProfessor

I just read the whole thread. Much respect for ya, BG. In between the lines I read a story of grace under pressure. It sounds like it's turned from a mishap to an opportunity (aside from the injuries.)

Wishing you sticky buds forever, cuz you deserve them.

NotaProfessor

I just read the whole thread. Much respect for ya, BG. In between the lines I read a story of grace under pressure. It sounds like it's turned from a mishap to an opportunity (aside from the injuries.)

(Sorry for the double post.)

Last edited:

BudGood

Veteran
Good to see that the outcome was so favorable, especially the new wiring and drywall. That old wiring was a real hazard. Hopefully this thread has caused readers to reassess their own fire security, especially for indoor grows and out-of-the-way spots such as attics, where fires often start. A fire security link is in my sig. BG, K+ for keeping us posted, and best wishes for a full recovery.

New wiring, drywall, redone wood floors from the 20's and custom plaster work, as I had coved ceilings in some of the burned area. They redid all the burned ceiling joists in 2x6's instead of the original 2x4's, the engineer said the roof and all other structural items were ok. Plus, their HVAC guy came by the other day (alot of water and soot went into the cold air returns ans heating ducts) and said they need to put a new furnace and all new ducting! :woohoo: I'll be doing the painting myself, they'll just pay me what they would've paid the painting contractor to do it, so I can make some money on it right there. ;)

I checked out that fire security link, lots of good info in there! Gonna have to post in it to bookmark it. Thanks! :)

tore up from the floor up =glad you are safe bro

?? Thanks, I think? lol ;) Nice avatar! Those two were total idiots, but funny as hell sometimes! :laughing:

Well damn, thanks for the kind words! All I can say is my lifes experiences up to that point is what drove my reactions to the fire. I was heavily dazed from the initial blow. I've been punched by Golden Gloves winning boxers, and kicked by black belts, in the face and head, and have NEVER been as close to being knocked out as I was when the burning plaster/wood fell on me, it was HEAVY! As I tear out the kitchen and bathroom, I realize just how heavy that shit is, it's basically concrete. My angels, or friendly spirits, or something, were on my side that day, for sure. Exactly as you say, it's turned from a mishap into an AWESOME opportunity! As some "Freebird" jams on the radio, and I sit in my nice little temporary apartment with my dog curled up at my feet, I realize just how lucky I am. :D

Thanks! :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts