What's new

I just fought a fire in my house

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
First off I'm glad that you and your family are safe, second like everyone says get your house clean. The cops and fire inspectors will want to go everywhere. I'd get rid of all growing evidence as you don't want to battle your insurance company even if your legal. Then go to the hospital you sound really injured. Take care.

bromhexine

aaaaaaaahahahahahahahha! house almost burned down and you run to your computer to talk in a weed forum about it. although this is awful just another reason why dope should be legal so when someones house goes up in flames or some other emergency.. emerges.. people arent afraid to call the police for help! this could have ended far worse.

zenoonez

Veteran
I have had third degree burns across my calf and on my forearm.
Both occasions skin was burned off.
Both times the treatment was exactly as I described.
The burn was washed thoroughly and burned skin was removed.
The wound was covered in Silvadene, and loosely wrapped in a breathable absorbant gauze.
The Silvadene ointment will prevent the burn from getting infected, It is exactly what hospitals use to kill and prevent infection in serious burns.
Silverlon bandages can be used as well.

It is of course preferable to go to the Emergency Room, If it is feasible...
However, If you do decide not to go...
The treatment above will give you the best chance of healing properly and quickly...

if the burn is deep enough that a skin graft may be needed, go to the hospital now.
If any sign of infection occurs, go to the hospital immediately.

If the burns are similar to the burns I got from the burning nylon pants or the 1500psi steam line (850 degrees), then the treatment I discribed is about all they'll do.

Yeah high pressure steam can do a number, I bubbled the skin off of my hand once with steam, wasn't the most enjoyable experience. I can agree with the silvadene being great. Unfortunately I wasn't prescribed that in the E room but instead got neosporin. I can vouch for sivadene though, I have used it on a few smaller serious burns I have gotten and it works wonderfully. I don't even have visible scars from the ones I used sivadene on. I don't think you can get silvadene over the counter though.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
I'm ok, I called the fd, i'm on my phone, I'll post more info later, it was an electrical fire, I killed the first ignition point, there was another though. I locked the basement before I left, they didn't go down there, there was no need as I wagered, I really lucked out. Got my burns all cleaned and dressed with the Silverdine(sp), my mom has some. Just met the firemen to doublecheck for hot spots, it was all good. The house is trashed, I'm calling insurance tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice and well wishes. :wave:

To the guy who laughed, get a life, it's no laughing matter. :moon:

T

TrichyTrichy

Thank goodness. We have been waiting for your update. Lots of Love

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
I'm ok, I called the fd, i'm on my phone, I'll post more info later, it was an electrical fire, I killed the first ignition point, there was another though. I locked the basement before I left, they didn't go down there, there was no need as I wagered, I really lucked out. Got my burns all cleaned and dressed with the Silverdine(sp), my mom has some. Just met the firemen to doublecheck for hot spots, it was all good. The house is trashed, I'm calling insurance tomorrow. Thanks for all the advice and well wishes. :wave:

To the guy who laughed, get a life, it's no laughing matter. :moon:

Glad you are well and got some silverdine... It must be the same stuff as Silvadene.
http://www.rxlist.com/silvadene-drug.htm

H

h^2 O

I'll just lock the door, the fire happened in the attic, why would anybody (firemen, policement, insurance adjusters) need to go down there anyway?
change your train of thought there...you want to cover EVERY option. You don't know if they have to by law inspect the entire residence. I wouldn't chance it at all. Having it in one locked room does not guaranty your safety - getting it somewhere else (or using hidden passages, if you have any). Would not chance that. Chances are there's laws on the books saying the fire inspector or adjustors whoever have to survery the ENTIRE residence. I would just not call the cops or fire or insurance and like air blast everything that got messed up etc and paint over/replace as needed.
Gotta think like a spy, dude. Cover all your bases and have backups.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Holy shit mang! Glad to hear you are ok, so to speak, aside from the burns and rattled nerves and fuckt up attic. That sucks man, I hope it gets all straightened out for you. Be careful, I know you said the fd has already been there, but just be careful, I know you have a pretty elaborate set up, but if you are able to, I would get it out. Will the ins company be sending out an adjuster?
God damn knob and tube bullshit! That's scary stuff, be safe and take care of yourself and your family, wishing you all the best in your tough times.

Someone might have mentioned this, i'm sorry if they did, But after dealing with 3rd degree burns with permanent scaring there's one thing to watch out for:
There will be a red circle around your wounds, the doctor told me that was blood poisoning, be very careful it doesn't get bigger (She drew the line in Permanent marker on my arm so I knew to come to the hospital in case) and keep it cool, and go get yourself some antibiotics.

Nice job and saving your house though K+ coming at you

still2big

Damn man i just found this thanks to Mrs Weekend & Shack. Glad you are ok bro! Crazy ass story brother, could have ended up alot worse. You need anything just let me know man.

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
hmmmm your getting some REAL fuk wits on this thread hey...showing some true colours....

doubt they'ed have the balls to stand there and deal with it as you did!

18 yrs and over site here guys....find the account delete button guys and use it!. HH. =]-~

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Glad to here your alive, fires are pretty scary. I had a pretty serious house fire about a year ago burnt my ankle pretty much all the way to the bone. That silvadene is amazing stuff. Make sure to keep your burns clean, and use some antibacterial ointment on them to make sure you don't get infections. Stay up...

funk

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Thanks to all of you with kind words. The trolls can all kiss my ass, like happyherb said, I doubt any of you pricks could Or would do anything but tuck your cowardly tails & run. The only reason I posted is so hopefully this could be avoided, put a smoke detector in your attic & buy a BIG fire extinguisher. I consider you all family, even the idiot cousins I'd love to smack around, I wouldn't want this to happen to anyone of you, even the trolls and the pricks who put crap like "karma is a bitch" in your sig (yes, it is, you'll find out one of these days).

I'm just glad my son and my dog are ok, that's the main thing. The fat insurance check will ease my sorrows and buy us new stuff, so no worries. I'm moving the plants from there right now, I'll definitely have them and all growing related stuff out by tonight, the adjuster will be calling soon. Once again, thank you all, I appreciate all your concern and kind words. (except for the trolls, you can all suck it). :wave:

SoCoMMJ

Glad to hear it's all working out. Was a bit worried when you were off line for a while.

Good luck on the rebuild.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
get to the hospital right away - if they ask how you got burned, tell them you had a grilling accident
this is a great idea.

Thanks to all of you with kind words. The trolls can all kiss my ass, like happyherb said, I doubt any of you pricks could Or would do anything but tuck your cowardly tails & run. The only reason I posted is so hopefully this could be avoided, put a smoke detector in your attic & buy a BIG fire extinguisher. I consider you all family, even the idiot cousins I'd love to smack around, I wouldn't want this to happen to anyone of you, even the trolls and the pricks who put crap like "karma is a bitch" in your sig (yes, it is, you'll find out one of these days).

I'm just glad my son and my dog are ok, that's the main thing. The fat insurance check will ease my sorrows and buy us new stuff, so no worries. I'm moving the plants from there right now, I'll definitely have them and all growing related stuff out by tonight, the adjuster will be calling soon. Once again, thank you all, I appreciate all your concern and kind words. (except for the trolls, you can all suck it). :wave:

glad to here that every thing worked out well for you.
So what u gunna do about that big hole. u gunna fix it or whatever.

also You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got and remember what you had.Always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes, but never regret. PEOPLE CHANGE, THINGS GO WRONG, but just remember life goes on.

have a good one man.

Latest posts

Latest posts