What's new

I joined the police academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you really were, or are in a Police Academy, which I doubt you are, you wouldn't be growing nor smoking.... I find it hard to believe....

But I'll go along with the joke for a while. When do you plan on getting into some of the details of your EXPERIENCE TRAINING AND LEARNING TO BECOME ONE OF THE THINGS YOU FEAR MOST... A COP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcG47CpsU6c

from my original post "THIS THREAD IS ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE TRAINING AND LEARNING TO BECOME ONE OF THE THINGS I FEAR MOST... A COP"

the reason i made this thread was to let you guys know what i saw, heard, and thought.

heres a quote from the deputy chief "i dropped out of high school when i was 16 years old... i got my high school equivalency, now look at me. i make $$$$$$ with an amazing pension plan and i own the streets of #$%^&*@#$%"

Some of you guys are funny..

I bet all of you would call 911 if you needed it. Bunch of hypocrites.

Like you're not going to call the police when seven armed men break in and grab your baby.. You're going to handle it yourself? Watch out, they may take your weed!!!

Lol.. All you cop haters need to wake up and become part of society.

NAH, I have only called 911 once in my 31 years. It was when I was 14 and my grandpa struck and killed a man in a cross walk. We called and left before cops arrived..

I think ADDERALL should have a blue light when he's online rather than the green light the rest of us have

Nah, more like this
police-siren-animated.gif

winterykiss

I grew up a young hippie gurl and the police were the enemy then. Putting people in jail for smoking pot? Now i am a 56 y.o. woman and not one fucking thing has changed since 1969.The police are still PIGS and they are still the ENEMY. Pawns of the government.

winterykiss

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well.....I think that us who have had experience with having the Police suddenly invade your space have had varying experiences of it and form our opinions from it naturally as to how we perceive them.....

Yes....I have had someone call the cops on me in the U.K. and they came to my place mob-handed in body armour and were going to knock my door down .....so I opened it just as they were going to batter it down and they fell into my hallway.....asked me to move to the back of the apartment and cuffed me (although not with excessive force).......They were polite and professional in how they treated me since I had just toked a spliff and they could gain entry without a warrant since technically to them a crime had been committed (using cannabis)......I was taken down the station and 2-3 hours later released on Police bail, so I had to come back 2 weeks later, and during that time span cannabis was re-classified so that it was no longer illegal to use it within ones own home......when I went back to the cop-shop 2 weeks later I was just cautioned and released free of charge.....

The experiences with the Police our American brothers have had usually has been far more violent and humiliating since it seems like the Police across the pond act in a much more aggressive way towards the populace.....so this is the big difference to me......

Since this site is on the topic of cannabis and in most countries cannabis is illegal, how the Police enforce these prohibitionist laws has a direct effect on what we collectively may think of the Police and the work that they do........some elements of Police forces actually want cannabis to be made legal, since it takes up alot of their time and resources busting citizens for what is a victimless crime......then those same citizens once persecuted/prosecuted become anti-Police......and I am sure most Police forces don't like to feel like they alienate society in doing what they do.......and would rather be Policing in a way that directly benefits the security and safety of society......

Because of the illegality of what we may do there will always be an 'us and them' attitude towards the Police......

In reality most of us are happy and feel more secure that at least there is some force of law to call upon if a REAL crime is/has taken place and........and that some member of the Police might show up to try and catch a REAL PERPETRATOR that has victimized/robbed/hurt a loved one, an innocent member of society or yourself ...and so hopefully bring them to justice...

I can't see what the thread starter is trying to do here really, other than stir up the membership and cause divisions amongst many of us that either fear the Police for good reason.....or those that accept them for what they are and have to do...(uphold the law, no matter how ridiculous those laws may be).....

.....In essence this is an interesting debate and shows many opinions/perceptions as to what we all feel about the Police.....since they are just a tool of the laws they have to enforce....many of these laws need enforcing (rape, murder, robbery, acts of violence e.t.c.....e.t.c.).....but the laws that are not good to us i.e. the growing/using and distribution of our beloved plant seem to cloud our vision somewhat and make us feel like we are outlaws in our own societies and should fear and hate the Police.....

I will let this thread run for a bit.....and see if the thread starter can come up with some content of interest that is pertinent and that maybe we can learn something from that we don't already know......if not I will just close this thread....

BrainSellz

Veteran
That makes good sense however it is uncomfortable just knowing the simple fact. Out of site out of mind and this thread is in plain sight. Its kinda like ridin next to em on the road, i usually make it a point to get gas or turn off so they are gone.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
That makes good sense however it is uncomfortable just knowing the simple fact. Out of site out of mind and this thread is in plain sight. Its kinda like ridin next to em on the road, i usually make it a point to get gas or turn off so they are gone.

I can see your point BrianSellz.....but none of us here are directly at risk from the threadstarter even if he/she is a cop or will be one day......and if this thread bothers you then you can always just not view it (kinda like stopping to get gas and turning off the same road)......

BrainSellz

Veteran
I can see your point BrianSellz.....but none of us here are directly at risk from the threadstarter even if he/she is a cop or will be one day......and if this thread bothers you then you can always just not view it (kinda like stopping to get gas and turning off the same road)......
True, gonna have to change my view;)....pun intendid!

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you really want to fool us, you're going to have to do some research so you stop slipping.

The deputy chief would be appointed by the City Manager after the applicants took a Civil Service Exam. There's also a minimum education requirement. So in case you're not catching on, a high school drop out with a GED wouldn't qualify for Deputy Chief.

This could have been fun, but now you've ruined it already, lol....

Adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) is used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Sound familiar? Next time you choose a handle be a little more imaginitive. Don't take it off your medication bottle....

You've officially been kicked out of the academy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcG47CpsU6c

from my original post "THIS THREAD IS ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE TRAINING AND LEARNING TO BECOME ONE OF THE THINGS I FEAR MOST... A COP"

the reason i made this thread was to let you guys know what i saw, heard, and thought.

heres a quote from the deputy chief "i dropped out of high school when i was 16 years old... i got my high school equivalency, now look at me. i make $$$$$$ with an amazing pension plan and i own the streets of #$%^&*@#$%"

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Should I get a frying pan out and grease cover? :biggrin:

OvergrowingKiwi

If you really want to fool us, you're going to have to do some research so you stop slipping.

The deputy chief would be appointed by the City Manager after the applicants took a Civil Service Exam. There's also a minimum education requirement. So in case you're not catching on, a high school drop out with a GED wouldn't qualify for Deputy Chief.

This could have been fun, but now you've ruined it already, lol....

Adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) is used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Sound familiar? Next time you choose a handle be a little more imaginitive. Don't take it off your medication bottle....

You've officially been kicked out of the academy....

Nice work.... Myth Busted... Looking forward to seeing a reply to this one. Maybe he can ask his Deputy Chief and get back to us? Oh wait thats right... It's not in real time... And by "it" I mean this account of the police academy that we have yet to see..

bullshit_detector.gif

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Seems like a good idea to me--
If you are a cop, and you want to be here..give us a reason to tolerate you..because if any one of us went on a Cop Site and tried to be accepted as a Cannabis Grower...it would not be accepted--
I am not against you being here...but I am against you being accepted as one of us, after your "Coming Out"..without some serious proof that you are really "One of Us"--

Frozenguy

Veteran
NAH, I have only called 911 once in my 31 years. It was when I was 14 and my grandpa struck and killed a man in a cross walk. We called and left before cops arrived..

And people call cops bad? That was a terrible move bro..

Humans, can be bad. It doesn't mean all cops are. Use some logic people.

A lot (i'm sure not all) of you are butt hurt about cops because you like to engage in illegal activity and dont want to be told there is consequences. Well there are, grow up. Or move to your own island.

Tired of this whining.

If you say you hate cops because you were illegal searched, well I'm truely sorry, I freaking hate that part of the system. I had my car illegally searched, but I got the case thrown out as the DA saw my recommendation. It sucked but it is what it is.
I've also been wrongfully arrested. I hadn't done anything, but I was nice with the cops, and one of them got me in on night court so I didn't stay the entire weekend. I talked to him like an adult, he helped me out. May not happen to everyone, but thats not what I'm claiming.
Cops are humans first and foremost. And we are all humans.

Cops are a necessary part of society. We just have to do what we can to keep them in check. Personally, I have some reform in mind,but who am I.. There has to be LEO. Just has to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts