What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I find strange things and post them here - feel free to join in

buzzmobile

Veteran
looks like tonsillitis from this end...:biggrin:
Looks like more research is necessary for your further development.
1681034693445.png

Read up on tonsils before answering the Study Question below:

TRUE/FALSE
This image is a tonsil.
1681034845692.png

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on IC.
👩‍⚕️
😷🏥

Three Berries

Archeology and History

·
Follow
Posted by
Chukwuebuka Sunday

Mar 22
In 1990, a panel of the windscreen on British Airways Flight 5390 fell out at 17,000ft, causing the cockpit to decompress & its captain to be sucked halfway out of the aircraft.
The flight attendant Nigel Ogden, who just happened to be entering the cockpit, held onto the captain for more than 20 minutes as the copilot tried an emergency landing. Most of the crew thought the pilot was already dead, but Ogden continued to hold on.
main-qimg-c7fe5e97fceb3e285d5000b2b46ec7c1

There was also the fear that if he did let go, the body might collide with the plane's engine, wing, or stabilizer, creating more havoc. All he knew for sure was that the pilot was slipping further and further out the window and his head was repeatedly slamming against the fuselage.
After 20 minutes of flying with a broken window, the plane landed safely at Southampton airport. Ogden suffered frostbite on his face and damaged one of his eyes; he also dislocated his shoulder. The pilot miraculously survived with frostbite and multiple fractures on his arms and hands.