What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I find strange things and post them here - feel free to join in

St. Phatty

Atomic Soldiers - What Does a Nuclear Bomb Explosion Feel Like?​

Don't have it in front of me, but one of the things observers describe is the ear-clicking from changing pressures.

A person can get the basic idea by getting too close to an HID light.

gotta have the hemostats for a roach clip!my hands are tough.i dont need no stinking roach clip!

In the 1980's, I worked in an R&D department with a Vice President who was basically an asshole.

The engineers needed alligator clips to do their work.

But the VP was concerned about the alligator clips being used as roach clips, so he rationed the alligator clips.

THEN there was an issue with secretarial supplies being stolen - every year in late August. As employees got even with the alligator-clip-rationing VP by taking paper and notebooks for their family's back to school efforts.

shithawk420

Veteran
Don't have it in front of me, but one of the things observers describe is the ear-clicking from changing pressures.

A person can get the basic idea by getting too close to an HID light.

In the 1980's, I worked in an R&D department with a Vice President who was basically an asshole.

The engineers needed alligator clips to do their work.

But the VP was concerned about the alligator clips being used as roach clips, so he rationed the alligator clips.

THEN there was an issue with secretarial supplies being stolen - every year in late August. As employees got even with the alligator-clip-rationing VP by taking paper and notebooks for their family's back to school efforts.
LMAO no way.thats crazy.god forbid someone take an alligator clip to smoke weed.good for them.the paper and notebooks cost more anyway.

as far as being close to a nuclear bomb goes i dont really think anyone can really describe that.obviously you have to wear special goggles but the pressure in the atmosphere must be indescibable to a person who has never experienced it.you wouldnt catch me under 100 miles away from one even in a test.surely the radiation particles would take at least a few years off your life right?

St. Phatty

LMAO no way.thats crazy.god forbid someone take an alligator clip to smoke weed.good for them.the paper and notebooks cost more anyway.

as far as being close to a nuclear bomb goes i dont really think anyone can really describe that.obviously you have to wear special goggles but the pressure in the atmosphere must be indescibable to a person who has never experienced it.you wouldnt catch me under 100 miles away from one even in a test.surely the radiation particles would take at least a few years off your life right?

I'm not sure where you live & how old you are, but if you were close to the Nevada test site in the 1950's and 1960's, you have already absorbed some radiation particles.

I lived in California until 1963, so I have absorbed some of the radiation myself.

So did my older brother. He ended up with Prostate cancer, which was theoretically treated. Not sure if it was related to radiation.

I've read both Richard Rhodes books, "Dark Sun" and "Making of the Atomic Bomb".

But I think the best description I've read of Castle Bravo, when the US tested a 5 megaton H-bomb that turned out to be a 10 megaton H-bomb, was in "Atoms and Ashes", Plokhy's book.

They irradiated a whole bunch of people, including a few dozen Japanese fishermen a 100 miles East of the bomb test.

The interesting thing about atom bombs is that all the Dark Magic - the primary energy release - happens in the last few neutron doubling cycles.

But if you are heating something up to 120 Million degrees C - metals and ceramics that melt at roughly 3500 C - then the primary energy release all happens when the bomb has been melted, and then vaporized.

It's like driving a car from SF to LA, and having it melt when you are passing through Santa Cruz. You have to make the last part of the trip very very quickly, because you are driving a car that has been melted.

So all of the engineering tricks that are used to get the bomb assembly to the point where it is a bomb, are to get it to hold together for an extra micro-second or 2. Or to make sure the heating cycles happen very very quickly, in 1/100 micro-second or less.

Also one thing I find interesting is the use of mirrors in the external enclosure. A lot of the heating is from X-rays, one form of light, which is hard to reflect, and Light-light, which will reflect until the mirror melts.

shithawk420

Veteran
Thanks for sharing that.yeah I wasn't even born or near Nevada but I've seen that crater.im glad your brother got treated.ive read some good books on nuclear energy and how it works.honestly I think we opened pandoras box.you can't contain nuclear energy without water and even then it's a ticking time bomb.maybe not our lifetime but who knows.they dump drum filled barrels of nuclear waste in the ground wich has a halflife of what,250,000 years? I can't remember and honestly don't care anymore but it's nice to see someone has an understanding of it.idiots are worried about global warming and gasoline fumes.well what about the billion tons of nuclear waste they buried underground.i swear idiots all of them.ill be dead so I don't care but that don't make it right.if I've mistaken something I apologize.havent had this kind of discussion in a while

Three Berries

Fsru4A3WIAQf0RB

acespicoli

The three siblings' parents were first cousins, twice, because they share both sets of grandparents

confusing shi*
1680572450361.png

this says it all?

Yup long time running joke about west vagina...

Last edited:

acespicoli

What if a vagina is hiding a penis in the back behind the curtains and calling it a cervix?
1680643578737.png

Posted for scientific speculation

It almost makes a dude banging a woman gay?
Its kinda like belly buttons? Some people have innies and some have outties?
Look at women and men boobs just in and out more? They both have nipples?
Study those links from wiki and tell me the glans penis and clitoris ?

1680641795568.png

The stuff those guys say...
The gay rape scene is disturbing and almost comical...wtf
1680641979725.png

not sure which one was worse...
:thinking: this thread has def gone into the strange zone...again

Last edited:

chilliwilli

Waterboy

What if a vagina is hiding a penis in the back behind the curtains and calling it a cervix?
View attachment 18827102
Posted for scientific speculation

It almost makes a dude banging a woman gay?
Its kinda like belly buttons? Some people have innies and some have outties?
Look at women and men boobs just in and out more? They both have nipples?
Study those links from wiki and tell me the glans penis and clitoris ?

View attachment 18827096
The stuff those guys say...
The gay rape scene is disturbing and almost comical...wtf
View attachment 18827098
not sure which one was worse...
:thinking: this thread has def gone into the strange zone...again

I'm a little disappointed with u guys. Yes it is hidden under a curtain
If u don't find it at first i give a hint, searching deeper is not better.

Anatomy-of-cliroris-penis-Vivian-Baruch-online-Springwood.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts