What's new

I dont usually drink, but when i do....

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alot of drinking going on down here in this state...But that goes for everywhere....Whilst were on the subject of drinking...I like alot of different spirits...But really enjoy a good rum........

For the under $20 bottles Mount Gay is my favorite ..it is what all the rich people in my area drink.....

For the mid priced stuff..Ron Zacapa centario...is the best rum i've ever had ..Made high in the mountains of Guatemala from the first press of virgin sugarcane..You can drink it with just ice ,as its so smooth and has 0 afterbite...At $40 a bottle i found it to be a bargain,the hardest part is keeping it around....

Attachments

• mount_gay.jpg
    mount_gay.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Ron Zacapa.jpg
    Ron Zacapa.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 7

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
I can't stand hard liquor or wine for that matter, beer man all the way. Had a nice Chimay Premiere Ale last night with my homemade fried chicken it was quite enjoyable.

Steel reserve is what the homeless drink around my parts, nasty stuff.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
If I have a beer it is Wychwood Hobgoblin or something else by wychwood brewery, or a Black Sheep ale.... I'm a real ale man--if only I could grow a beard, Id wear socks with sandals just to complete the real ale drinker look.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
To the OP I see you don't drink much but when you do you don't respect yourself. Don't worry I used to be just like that then I changed. Steel Reserve or 211 is the bottom tier of beer drinking. I know because I thought the same thing back in the day and I used to drink it all from Moonshine and Everclear to Patron, Grey Goose to Hennessy, Yengling* (I know I didn't spell it right) to dinner wines and then the bottom tier MadDog 20/20, Wild Irish Rose, Cisco, Steel Reserve, Hurricane, and Camo (yea when I was young and dumb I drank it all). 1 time I was drinking a case of Natty a day. But for the 211 it was oh man i'm getting a deal on it for price and amount and its 8.1% (gut check lol) then I found myself regreting the decision later everytime. Its not for taste it for the effect like most alcohol but shouldn't you shoot for taste and effect like with buds. Please if you can stop this madness now and leave the gut check where you found it, you'll be happier in the end. I can't drink much nowadays but when I do its something very nice. Drink responsibly and take care 1

ijim

I usually don't drink... but when I do. I wake and put the dog out. And let the Ole lady in. Fix her breakfast and get started on the honey do list.

norcal_sourD

I don't usually drink but when I do, shit gets REAL!! hahaha No seriously tho you can't beat a kind assed microbeer on a hot summer day with your dinner! I hope heaven is like that, if there is one AND assuming my scraggly ass is let in!

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Steel Reserve, yes it's an aquired taste, but what a cheap buzz at 8%!

hell yeah. For years I would go to bars and pay $6 for a Guinness plus a $2 tip. You can see how i would easily end up spending like $50 on 6 beers.
Fast forward to my discovery of Steel Reserve...I can get a forty ounce for $2.50 and its 8%. I drank 2 yesterday and im still fucked up. I saved $45.
I will never drink at a bar again unless its someone elses money

Z

Ziggaro

Yeah I'm good on guiness.. although I do enjoy an occasional Irish carbomb.
I'm really good on budweiser or any of those flavorless macro brews. I like my beer to taste like malted barley and hops, not slightly sweetened carbonated water.
I am a habitual drinker and IMO theres not much in life better than drinking beers and smoking herb.
I guess technically it's an ale, but the DFH 90-minute IPA is the best commonly available beer I've had, so I buy a case usually every 2 weeks.
When Hopslam comes around, I get as many cases as I can. Kinda steep at 70 bucks each but its 110% worth it for me. I find it hard to imagine anything tasting better.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
not sure if ill be going to the store today or not, shit out water and my butthole itches. And im still hung over

edit yeah im not doing anything. was gonna grill and get more beer...i feel weak and lethargic and my gut hurts and i have the shits and i feel like im hungover from port wine...which destroys me for DAYS
im going to stay in and relax and smoke with the ac on, maybe eat something good later
i just cant drink the day after i get legitimately fucked up on alcohol because for one i feel like shit and second on day three ill be like hey lets do it again and by the time i now it ive been drinking every day for a month straight

Z

Ziggaro

Guinness is a mans drink , lager was invented for patsies .

Guiness would be good if it was about twice as concentrated. Gives a decent chocolate malty flavor, but its super thin.
As it is it too is a "patsy" beer. Sorry dude but that shit is weaksauce

astartes

I do have a soft spot for double bourbon barrel-aged chocolate stouts. Certainly have the kick to go the distance.

a.

Settling for a few ordinary beers...

Settling for a few ordinary beers...

Make sure the drugs and hoes is up to snuff...we peace!

lindsay-lohan-mugshot__oPt.jpg

toddv

Whitbread Ale ??

Whitbread Ale ??

Witbread Ale used to be a favorite of mine in the early 80's. Have not seen it since. Anyone in UK ever hear or see this Ale ??

Guiness, mellow alcohol content. Most think it is strong, just good and filling !!

30 year Jack drinker converted to Makers Mark 6 years ago. Jack Daniels big corporation bullshit just shyed me off product.

Makers 46, nothing but fun.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Guiness + Bass Ale or Guiness + Smithwicks Ale in a Big Boy mug will have you fucked around.

Been on a Stella Artois kick for the last few weeks, got a new favorite other wise I'd just be drinking my Modelo's

as for liquor bourbon only. Woodford, Makers, Elijah, blanton, 4 roses ect and so on. Preferably a single barrel if its not makers or woodford

T

toughmudderdave

No hard alcohol for me, thank you. Here's our drink of choice...
images