What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I dont understand the scrog seems like a waste of time

B

Brazilianfire

1 plant requires less equipment than 100. How is that not clear? Canopy control requires less light. How is that not clear? Feeding one plant costs less than feeding 100 plants. How is that not clear? Time weaving would depend on the size of the grow but, 2-3 minutes a week doesn't seem all that taxing to me.

I agree mate!

Standaman

Interesting debate guys!! I personally have chose to go with scrog as it's my first grow but sog looks good but my one major or two major problems with it are

#1 is the plant fully developed enough to truly produce bud thats as potent as plants that are vegged for longer?

And #2 How the hell should you get your door booted in do try and plead personal use?

Don't attack me i'm only little! I'm just putting it out there!

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
Less equipment, less nutes, less light for larger yields of bigger, frostier, buds. What's not to understand?

Don't make u self a fool boy!!!!!

LEss nutes???? Hääää do u don't feed the girls in the 2 month longer veg??
( i konw u are the 20 weeker but outside ur horizon it seem a longer veg is neasesary)

LEss light????? Hääää ?? Less light by a 2month longer veg...???

B

Brazilianfire

Don't make u self a fool boy!!!!!

LEss nutes???? Hääää do u don't feed the girls in the 2 month longer veg??
( i konw u are the 20 weeker but outside ur horizon it seem a longer veg is neasesary)

LEss light????? Hääää ?? Less light by a 2month longer veg...???

I'm definitely not trying to argue, but scrog gives MAXIMUM efficiency of light to all buds, its like the light is belting down on a canopy of buds mate! Second, not Everyone is a cash cropper trying for a higher turnover with less veg time. (just wanted to share that) Third, I've seen Many a cash cropper use SCROG with a great strain and VEG in ANOTHER area, to the point where there almost ready to begin training. I've seen mates with 12k grows with "normal" plants and achieve a minimum of 20#'s wheres Ive seen mates with 12 600's in scrog and achieve a solid 17 lbs..(7,200 watts) Go figure, its all in technique mates... Oh and also arguing on the internet is like winning the special Olympics... Even if you win your still a retard! LMAO!! So be cool everyone and light one up.. Different strokes for different :dueling:fokes!

pico

Veteran
Both SCROG and SOG have their place. The yield is probably pretty similar between the two. SCROG you have to do more vegging, but SOG you have to get a crapload of clones ready. More clones means more mothers means more veg light. Or if you buy your clones, that costs more. So it all tends to even out and different things work better for different people.

I do something in the middle. I don't want to veg forever, but I don't want a ton of plants. So I screen off my area, and let a medium number of plants fill out the space.

If plant numbers were no issue, I probably would go with more plants per light. I would still screen off my canopy and make sure it was nice and even. No matter your growing style, a nice even canopy is preferred and will give you a better yield per watt. Plus a screen will hold up those heavy buds so they don't fall on the ground.

My most recent project I am setting up has 24 plants in a veg room, and 48 plants in the flower room. I harvest 24 plants every 30 days in the flower room under 6000 watts. So every 30 days I move plants from veg room to the flower room and then replant 24 more plants in the veg room. This keeps me under 100 plants at all times. 48 flower, 24 veg, 24 clones, and 3 mothers. 12,000 watts flower, 1800 watts veg. If everything comes out right, I could harvest 10 pounds every month and never be over 100 plants. I could never do that with SOG, so for me this method works a lot better. I really can't call it SCROG, but it is similar in concept. fewer plants with a trained canopy.

daemos

pics

9plants a light came in at allmost 2+

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thats the best scrog setup ive seen to date on this forum, well done and great work... i plan on doing the same thing with 9 plants when my room and equipment all comes together in the next few months bring on September damn it.

needearly

now im confused some people seem to be putting quite a few plants in there scrog which almost makes it a sog. Does it have to be a plant per sq. ft. to be a true sog. Reason im asking is cause I dont run a plant per sq. ft. but I do run a lot more than 10 and I do train my canopy but I dont consider it a scrog im not weaving in and out just find a nice square for each top. Scrog veg 18 and 6 30 days. Sog (for me) 18 and 6 for 3 days 172 hours more of veg im confused on how sog is more expensive and the talk about medium what do you veg your scrog plants in a 1 gal. pot I dont think so. One more thing 20 week strain FUCK THAT!!!

needearly

No I think the scrog is cool and they look pretty fuckin rad but some other people that chimed in pissed me off with there no it all attitudes.

ive always been impressed with scrog, it allows more intense light and air flow to flowering ladied, the supports all my cracking branches near harvest:)
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts