What's new

HZ Grows Dr. Atomic Northern Lights.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been looking at those tents myself, are they good value for money? Seems to me like the only way of using a Gavita properly is in a tent taller than 2m, also I think the advantage with the Gorilla's height extension is in growing pure sativas.

How do the 1' extension's attach to the tent and do you need to cut anything?

Will the top zip out the Gorilla tents?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
let me tell you straight up those tents are a pain in the ass to put together. the extensions make it harder. Thing is like a rubik's cube from the 3rd circle of hell. I mean you really need to make sure everything is lined up perfect. plus there was manufacturer defects in every god damn one. I didnt have to cut anything. the extensions just click in for the frame and a band of fabric zips over that.

I had to make some modification to make things line up right because the lack of quality control. Had to repair some of the fabric too. keep your drill and gorilla tape handy

I would recommend maybe trying another company. maybe if you can find one made in america. I hope to god I never have to move these pieces of shit.

merrblah

Nice work! I like the clean setup!

I have a couple of questions about your setup and climate controls (feel free to answer some/none):
What are your temps like at the canopy?
What is your airflow situation? (looks like your pulling through the lights and maybe pushing through a filter? passive intakes)
What size of rooms are your tents in and are you using external A/C to maintain temperatures?
And i saw a CO2 tank in there earlier… how are you utilizing it without a sealed environment?

Thanks and keep up the good work. SUbbin'

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1. high 70's
2. you nailed it
3. 10x10x9. no external ac. it is cool enough where I live to use outside air
4. I ditched the c02 for now.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ladies are hitting explode phase now. starting to stack internodes like crazy.

canopy is full now for sure.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Sup hash lookin good def can agree them tents are a huge pita to put together solo... I know a hydro store owner dude is disabled has one arm and is bout 5ft 4 and older, saw him slap one together in less then 10min I was sold took home 2 bout 2hrs later I was done.... They are not as easy as they look....
Interesting nl ya got there I grew an nl cut for yrs but she looked nuthin like those clones... They seem to have thin leaves compared to mine... Myne had huge fat indica leaves....but did hear of some nl havin sativa influence.., if they turn out nething close to the burning bucket of Pinesol tossed on top of tires ya should love it... Heard of another nl cut recently found by a friend of ours that has a similar look but was told it has a tropical burnt rubber smell... It was found in old ass sensi seeds nl5 bought in the late 80s early 90s... Ps I do got my hands on some original nl2/5 Ortega pollen I been saving for when I get my cut back or if I try this new one and she worthy... Did u get this cut from SoCal or find it in beans??? I'd love to hear more bout it... Also I'm digging the lw .... Got some weird shit goin on with her... In ome spot she is crowned out lookin like the momma rock hard kush bout 2ft from the light in another spot where she has grown closer to the light she is growin much more haze like with huge spears and seems to be takin longer for the pistols to change and lookin like a completely different plant same great lime funk and frost though... But huge haze budz....Neway ya gonna be killin it mang... Next time I'm in the bay should be soon I'll hit ya up... I got some things I think u will def be interested in was just gifted some 40yr old pure landrace sativa genetics (4 different strains) ima be poppin in 2014 to find a mate for my piff cut... Along with keeper female clones selected out of the beans... Given the expected flower times prob be ready for 2015 smoke lol...

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got this cut from harbor side. I am hoping I get at least 6 ounces a plant off those ladies. I get 8 then I will be golden. I would really like that classic pinesol smell over the haze smell. I thought they had pretty thin leaves for nl too but the genetics are sposed to be nl 5 x neville's haze.

The L-W always fox tails if it get's too close to the light. I like to give her some good room.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is a couple of the L-W f1's in small pots. they seem to have fat indica leaves with vigorous growth. now if they smell like kush or fruit or both i'll be set with another killer new cut.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Figured it was the light distance but can't givem more room that I don't have... Been considering movin some to another room but seems not possible considering I'm day63 and got 16 bout 7ft tall with like 4/5 tops....runnin thrue many ideas Maybe turn light down to 600 to try and helped finish.... Cut it to 11/13 ... Idk ... Neway I can def see the haze in those nls... Atleast being a harborside clone u should know what to expect... Try any of her flowers??? .. Here's some original nl from Vermont area cut been growin up there since 1987

This plant has zero stretch flower her 4ft she finished 4ft...stocky as fuck pure indica.... Also my first hydro dwc bucket grow pics from around 2002 maybe earlier ..

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya the original nl from the 80's is an ibl afgani. super potent indica. made feel feel floaty. i used to call it space weed.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^well I hope my nugs turn out just as potent as the old stuff. I am sure it will be different though. I gotta say am really excited to see in a few months.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
day 14. looking a little ahead of schedule. I am impressed for day 14. I also split them up. the tent was too crowded so I opened up one of the tents I was not using now and put 8 of the 16 under another 4 lights. Waste of electricity? oh well.

T

The_Core

Looking real nice HZ. I hope the rest of my grow turns out half as good as yours!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^thanks man! I will make sure to keep updating this journal at least once a week.

bigbag

Veteran
nice ones ! looks very legit. just seen that Dr.A has a new strain "Atomic Love", which is Reefermans cup winning Love Potion#1 ( G-13 x SMCG ) x Atomic NL :)