What's new

HZ Grows Dr. Atomic Northern Lights.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I set up my new place recently and decided to start off with an easy growing strain, that is Low maintenance, and high yielding. Dr. Atomic Northern Lights. The cut is directly from Harborside. they were well rooted, disease free, and healthy when I got them, and have been doing well since.

My soil is Fox farm Ocean forest mix.

My nutrient line is the Mill's line. this is a great line for soil. Also using some Cal/mag and of course APTUS facilitator, aka "cheater sauce"

I am using ten gallon smart pots, this tent is 10x10x9. I am running four 1000w HPS hoods in it. I use the hotilux eye, bulbs.
I am getting some great internode stacking, and a fairly fast growth rate. If you till the soil after feeding everyday while they are young you get oxygen to the roots and the growth rate really picks up. The smart pots make it very easy.

Last edited:

Jbuzz

clean set up, i can't wait to watch this play out. how deep into the soil do you turn it over?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words guys

clean set up, i can't wait to watch this play out. how deep into the soil do you turn it over?

Well I put the clones straight into the 10 gallon pots, so for the first week I had to till about 6 inches down, but as time goes on I till less and less deep. now I only go about the top two inches. Soon I am just going to add an earth worm to each. They will do the work for me.

I feed them once a day, and then till and condition the soil. It is actually really nice to get my hands in some dirt. I have been doing solid hydro only for a long time now, and I didnt realize how much I missed working the earth.

Yakov

Sub'bing this one, looks great! have to love soil for it's ease of use. can't wait to see the results.

the gnome

Veteran
looking really good in there hash
very clean!
the ladies are looking happy happy in there.
Ive always wanted to check out N-Lites
how long before you flip em?

soil is so easy, I use FF OF too... its pretty much pour-n-gro soil
I'll cut it w/perlite to lighten it up a tad

theJointedOne

Veteran
Awesome setup HZ, im looking at doing this as well in a spare bedroom.

Also nice selection on the NL, i have seen that cut around the bay, and highly look forward to seing what you do with her.

Thanks again for sharing, and im taking a seat for this one!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys

looking really good in there hash
very clean!
the ladies are looking happy happy in there.
Ive always wanted to check out N-Lites
how long before you flip em?

soil is so easy, I use FF OF too... its pretty much pour-n-gro soil
I'll cut it w/perlite to lighten it up a tad

Probably gonna flip them in about two weeks. The Atomic NL has been a breeze to grow so far. I had one instance where I went over 200 amps and blew some fuses and it took two days to get my lights up because the central power in my place looks like some WWII era steam punk shit. Then last night in the bay area, like 40,000 people lost power because of the wind. That NL just keeps on truckin though. She didnt flip on me nor hermie on me.

I have her at about 3 weeks in flower in a different house, but that is a testing ground. I did top those before I flipped them to flower and made some THICK clones. It took them two weeks to root, but after 3 days in a beer cup they are almost root locked and ready for the ten gallon smart pots. I will get some more shots today.

Awesome setup HZ, im looking at doing this as well in a spare bedroom.

Also nice selection on the NL, i have seen that cut around the bay, and highly look forward to seing what you do with her.

Thanks again for sharing, and im taking a seat for this one!

Well from what I have heard she is a big yielder. I cant wait to see what aptus does for her. the internode stacking I am getting is pretty out of this world. I have grown many strains with huge colas in the past only to have them dry to a lot less than expected weight, where as I have grown things like lvpk who dont have the biggest top colas but surprised me on weight.

I AM SUPER HAPPY I WENT SOIL. I love hydroponics more than anything but If I went full hydro I would have been fucked because of my electric issues. most of the people out here doing larger projects i notice usually go soil or coco and now I understand why.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also have some other strains going in other rooms, but I will start threads later. previews.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh ya forgot. The top one of those is blueberry, and the bottom is a new unamed pheno of lime-warp X lime-warp

Last edited:

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking real nice and clean, keep up the show. I can't wait till they start to spread out, Well done.