What's new

Hygrozyme Info

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
hazyfontazy said:
i heard its good but cant justify the price which is a massive $66 a litre in the uk ,,i can get cannazym or sensi zym which both do basically the same job for only $26 a litre which is quite a saving ,,

it isnt suppose to be "just" a enzym....

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Well I use AN Sensi Zym, but its application rate is pretty high. 15-20ml per Gallon.

Lets make this the 'zym thread'

What the application rate of the others. AN obvious claims there product is better and has more 'zymes'

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Hygrozyme is a tad expensive but it totally rocks. I love what it does for my roots in soil. I also use it when I transplant. 1/4 teaspoon Superthrive and 8ml Hygrozyme per gallon of RO water. My transplants never stress since I began using this mix. It like they never skip a beat.

Texas Kid

SM-90 treats both insect and fungal infestations. May be used to treat root diseases, molds, mildew, leaf spot. Applied directly to foliage, SM-90 discourages and eliminates many common pests, including aphids, thrips, spider mites and whiteflies. Also increases plant transpiration and metabolism and accelerates growth
Use Nutrilife SM-90 to prevent or treat bacteria, fungus and insect problems. SM-90 is prepared from natural plant oils - the organic composition of SM-90 is biodegradable and non-toxic to humans, animals and plants!

SM-90 is a good product to use from day one with your plants to keep them healthy and pest / disease free. Use as a foliar spray or root feed in both soil and hydroponics gardens.

Root Disease: SM-90 inhibits common anaerobic fungal and bacterial pathogens. Use for any root disease from ascomycetes pathogens including fusarium, pythium, rhizoctonia, phytopthera and sclerotinia. When added in small quantities to plant nutrient solutions, root disease infestations are inhibited and new root growth emerges. Treated plants develop greater root area and root runs and exhibit a generally healthier root development. Application rate: Apply 2 - 3 ml for each gallon of nutrient solution on a weekly basis.

Plant Infestations: Treat leaf or stem infestations by appying as a foliar spray. SM-90 eliminates many molds, mildew and leaf spot and is also effective for botrytis, blight, fusarium, leaf mold, rhizoctonia stem rot, sclerotinia stem rot and others. SM-90 also discourages and eliminates many common pests including aphids, thrips, spider mite, and whitefly. It is believed to act as a systemic to inhibit insect colonization and to deter reinfestation. Application rate: Mix 1 part SM-90 with 5 parts water. Spray directly on plant leaves and stems - be sure to spray entire plant as a prevention measure. Repeat every 3 days for up to 3 applications. Spray plants with water to prevent excess build during repeated applications.

An added benefit of SM-90 is an increase in metabolism and growth rate when used on a regular basis. A great choice for growers looking for a safe product to use on their consumable crops. Be sure to spray diluted solution within 8 hours of mixing. Keep away from sunlight.

NOTE: SM-90 will inhibit beneficial bacterial colonization. If you are trying to promote bacteria growth in your garden, this may not be a desirable additive.

Nitrozime
Cytokinins are natural plant growth hormones and Nitrozime provides plenty of them to plants, assists in all stages of the growth process and helps plants root more quickly. During the vegetative growth stage, plants produce taller, lusher, stronger growth. Apply it during fruiting and flowering for more numerous, larger and more fragrant flowers

SensiZym is a super concertrate of over 80 different enzymes, each having specific functions that enhance plant and root growth (competing products have only 12 or less). Enzymes can do in seconds and minutes what it would take normal plant functions days and weeks to accomplish. SensiZym breaks down dead root mass, starches, carbohydrates and nutrients which accelerate plant growth as well as assist beneficial bacterial growth

Now we just needs some more specific info from the bottles or data sheet, we'll be some smart mofo's.....hehehe

Tex

Last edited:
K

kokua

if you use in hydro, you need good oxygen levels for it to work good. Hygrozyme won't do a thang in a stale rez, it needs oxygen to work. Plants usually wont do a thang with a stale rez either ;)

Hygrozyme is fantastic preventative maintenance for lots of potential root problems. In other words, it works best when you use it from beginning to end.

I have seen plants that were on the brink of death from severe root rot, bounce back completely with hygrozyme. I wish I had pics to share, but the roots were almost completely rotten...90% would be my guess. With my hands I ripped off the majority of the slimey mess that used to be roots and left the plants with hygrozyme and mild nutes. 3 weeks later there wasn't a sign of rot anywere, and the plants were growing aggressively as if nothing happened. Bottom line...it works.

Texas Kid

Mycorrhizal Fungi

Mycorrhizal fungi spores are the special ingredient in all-natural Plant Success Growth Stimulant. These beneficial fungi protect plants' roots from many fungal diseases, improve soil structure and assist with nutrient uptake. The result: stronger, healthier plants and increased yields.

Mycorrhizal Fungi colonize plant roots and extend the root system into the surrounding soil. By attaching to the feeder roots, mycorrhizae greatly extend the effective absorbing area available to plants. Research demonstrates that mycorrhizal filaments can explore volumes of soil hundreds to thousands of times greater than roots themselves. This relationship is beneficial because the plant enjoys improved nutrient and water uptake, disease resistance, superior survival and growth. In addition, the relationship is beneficial by providing more uniform growth, increased leaf size, more flowering and increased vegetable yields.

Under natural conditions, plants live in close association with many soil microorganisms. Some are beneficial others are not. Mycorrhizal fungi act as a bridge allowing beneficial organisms to pass, and prevent harmful pathogens from crossing over, to the plant. To prevent these pathogens from destroying crops most nurseries and farms have resorted to sterilizing the soil either with chemicals or heat. The drawback to this practice is the death of the beneficial microorganisms, which under natural conditions help the plant make food from its surrounding habitat. The soil sterilization process perpetuates the need for more fertilizers unless mycorrhizae are reintroduced into the soil and to the plants. In order to achieve maximum performance nearly all commercially grown plants require mycorrhizae upon transplanting.

What Are Mycorrhizal Fungi?
"Mycor"-"rhiza" literally means fungus root and defines the mutually beneficial relationship between the plant root and the fungus. These specialized fungi colonize plant roots and extend far into the soil resource. Mycorrhizal fungal filaments in the soil are extensions of root systems and more effective in nutrient and water absorption than the roots themselves.

What Plants Form Specialized Roots With Mycorrhizal Fungi?
Over 90% of the world?s plant species form mycorrhizae and require the association for maximum performance in non-artificial conditions.

How Do Mycorrhizal Fungi Increase Nutrient Uptake?
These fungi increase the surface absorbing area of root 10 to 100x thereby greatly improving the ability of the plants to utilize the soil. Several miles of fungal filaments can be present in less than a thimbleful of soil. Mycorrhizal fungi increase nutrient uptake by increasing the surface absorbing area of roots, and by releasing powerful chemicals into the soil that dissolve hard to capture nutrients such as phosphorous, iron and other "tightly bound" soil nutrients. This extraction process is particularly important in plant nutrition and explains why non-mycorrhizal plants require high levels of fertilizers to maintain their health. Mycorrhizal fungi form an intricate web that captures and assimilates nutrients. In non-mycorrhizal conditions much of this fertility is wasted or lost from the system.

What Other Activities Do Mycorrhizal Fungi Do?
Mycorrhizal fungi are involved with a wide variety of other activities that benefit plant establishment and growth. The same extensive network of fungal filaments is important in water uptake and storage. In non-irrigated conditions, mycorrhizal plants are under far less drought stress compared to non-mycorrhizal plants.

Disease and pathogen suppression is another benefit for a mycorrhizal plant. Mycorrhizal fungi attack pathogen or disease organisms entering the root zone. For example, excretions of specific antibiotics produced by mycorrhizal fungi immobilize and kill disease organisms. Some mycorrhizal fungi protect pine trees from Phtophtthora Fusarium and Rhizoctonia diseases. In addition, mycorrhizal roots have a mantle, a tight, interwoven sock like covering of dense filaments that acts as a physical barrier against the invasion of root diseases.

Mycorrhizal fungi also improves the soil structure. Mycorrhizal filaments produce humic compounds and organic "glues" (extracellular polysaccharides) that bind soils into aggregates and improves soil porosity. Soil porosity and soil structure positively influence the growth of plants by promoting aeration, water movement into soil, root growth, and distribution. In sandy or compacted soils the ability of mycorrhizal fungi to promote the improvement of soil structure is as important as seeking out nutrients.

Don't Soils Already Contain Mycorrhizal Fungi?
Undisturbed soils are full of beneficiary soil organisms including mycorrhizal fungi. Research indicates however, many common practices can degrade the mycorrhizal forming potential of soil. Tillage, fertilization, removal of topsoil, erosion, site preparation, road and home construction fumigation, invasion of non-native plants, and leaving soil bare are some of the activities that can reduce or eliminate these beneficial soil fungi. Reintroducing mycorrhizal fungi in areas where they have been depleted can dramatically improve plant establishment and growth.

Many routine nursery practices such as fumigation and high levels of water and nutrients produce non-mycorrhizal plants that can grow well in artificial growing media, however they are poorly adapted to the garden environment.

big mike

I'm tagging this for the info that is sure to be shared..
I know this is the hydro forum, but I use it in soil...

ResinRyder: do you use it during flower aswell?

:lurk:

KingRalph

hehe spreadin so much info so soon back TK, good ta see ya round again man...

i have used hyDrozyme next to hyGrozyme... and really, it's more than worth the extra $15 a bottle. the hyDrozyme was doin a pathetic job at takin care of dead material, and couldn't be used with sm-90 and other things. hyGrozyme on the other hand cleaned things up in a flash and the stems and crotches exploded!

like Jimmy i've used entire cycles with only positive effects... as for flowering... i don't know why it would not be used... but i do only use it for special use these days, cause of the stinkin price... and at the onset of flowering for the first week at least makes perfect sense... i saw a big increase in budsites with stem and branch growth increases at the same time... somethin that certainly didn't happen with hyDrozyme (an acceptable zyme if one is needed with no other combo or specialty needs).

does cannazyme or any others allow for this extra hearty speedy growth as well? if so i may try a different one next to to save a few bucks... but really it's the ability to use it without worrying about live organisms that makes it worth the price for versatility. invaluable for some hydro setups. for soil, a living enzyme may actually be preferred... all in your needs... peace n green thumbs all!

Last edited:
K

kokua

I believe hydrozyme was pulled from the market...Hygrozyme used to be distributed by Allie’s Wholesale, but when Hygrozyme decided to come to the US, Allie’s decided to rip it off and make their own cheaper version called Hydrozyme. Hygrozyme won a lawsuit and Hydrozyme will cease to exist. whew...say that 5 times in a row fast.

G

would it be beneficial to use hygrozyme in a mediumless DWC setup?

no root problems at the moment, but maybe as a preventative measure?

thanks!

K

kokua

^^yes it would...

Even in a healthy rootzone there is a natural cycle that the roots will go through. They will shed old tissue just like we do, just like snakes do, etc...Hygrozyme will eat this up before it can turn anerobic and bad.

Yeah, it's pretty spendy, but I seem to think its worth it! A gallon is like $130 up here?!!

I have used it off-and-on for a while, A few times I decided to reuse my destemmed coco, and used the big jug to help dissolve the old roots... It must have worked, cause I have had some nice harvests with thoughtfully re-used medium!

Use it for clones huh?? Hmmmmmm...?!

Texas Kid

Sunny, I put the Mycorrhizal fungi info up because the form and function are basically the same in creating a killer root health envitoment for the ladies. I had not read alot of this stuff in awhile so I am refreshin my sticky brain cells.

Tex

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used hygrozyme about half way through harvest on a soil run and felt i could taste it. Needless to say I wont be using in flower anymore. Would love to hear some more feed back on this

Texas Kid

kokua said:
Its nice if you can post links to the sites where you get info from... it helps people research further if they want to... :joint:

I usually do not put links to outside sites because it is against the forum guidelines/rules, cut paste seems to ok though.

Tex

nandro

Hygrozyme kicks fucking ass. Better be down for rapid transplanting, roots literally just wanna' bust through the pots. Super Super good shit.

G

nandro said:
Hygrozyme kicks fucking ass. Better be down for rapid transplanting, roots literally just wanna' bust through the pots. Super Super good shit.

ya got any extra bro? the missus just threw a gasket when I said I wanted to order a 40$ bottle LMAO

stanky

K

kokua

Texas Kid said:
I usually do not put links to outside sites because it is against the forum guidelines/rules, cut paste seems to ok though.

Tex

Woops...I post outside links all the time.

Latest posts

Latest posts