What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hydrosun's Holodeck Hospital

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
New thread for a new place. It has been a long 15.5 months of ICmag membership for me and I've been constantly upgrading.

This location has been in the works for a while, but suffered a few set backs, hence the name "Hospital"

So I am going to introduce you to two rooms and some ladies.

:joint:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
The Holodeck

The Holodeck

You guys are familiar with Star Trek, well they had a pretty cool room on the Enterprise named the "Holodeck." It is a place where any dream can come true and that is what I am working towards.

Here are some photos:

That was early construction photos. The room is appx 12'x14' and has 10' ceiling, she has 5 1k Ushio bulbs (one in the center and 4 near the conrners). The entire room is insulated and was built with 2"x4"s R14 insulation for walls R30 for ceiling and OSB for walls. Then every inch of wall and ceiling was covered with Prodex. This highly reflective effect is what inspired the name Holodeck came from. She has a 12Kbtu AC (you can see the min split hanging 8' on the wall) and a 8" Vortex fan powering the overhead air flow (you can see the air ports aimed at the lights and plants). Here is what she looks like now.

Here were the fist plants that went in.

And here are the patients entering the ward this time around, you can see why this is a hospital ;)

vta

Veteran
Clean...very clean! We were just talking about how nice it would be if our rooms were 10' tall.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
The Incubator

The Incubator

This is where it all begins, the primordial ooze if you will. She is 10'x11' with a 9' ceiling and a closet. There is a nice 1Kw mounted into the ceiling. Once again every inch of wall and ceiling is covered in Prodex. The floor is OSB with a trap glued to it silver side up and there is a 6" fan powering the over head air ports.

The earliest of the babies start in the dome until they root. Then they are moved to rockwool cubes and take about 6 days to root through those. After the babies have rooted through the rockwool they are put into net pots with Hydroton and placed in the 4'x4' tray (which is a great table) [sorry about the photo, just tilt your head 90degrees).

After the ladies root through the net pot they are moved to the Octopus. Each lady gets her own 5gal bucket (tons of holes drilled in the bottom and sides) and Boss Hog airstone. This 5gal bucket will be her home for the rest of her life. As you might have guessed the Octopus has a control bucket and eight tentacles that can support 8 plants.

This double 5gal bucket on bucket system was inspired by RedSpaghetti. The double bucket makes it very easy to move the plant. Just pick up the top bucket (let water drain out). Place plant and its 5gal inside a dry 5 gal and move to next room.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
The Holodeck looks great, Hydrosun. Which plants went in?

The largest of the six recovering PKs went into the room. If you look closely you'll see they have 2'x2.5' screens placed on top of them. I cut up a roll of fencing (using bolt cutters ;)

nice-->:artist:

maybe, w/ just 4 total & veg under same lyties, they maybe fill entire room & give same, +/-, fruit as more than 4:tree:...
:2cents:

:muahaha:

I love trees and hope to get back to 5' tall before 12/12 because the bottom of the bulbs hangs at 6'6", but the room is over 160sq' so it would take a long time to fill with only 4 ;)

Clean...very clean! We were just talking about how nice it would be if our rooms were 10' tall.

I've spent years smashing my face and skull into hoods, when planning these rooms I didn't want ANYTHING hanging lower than 6'6" because some of my friends are 6'+

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Very nive HS,lovin the holodeck. So is there a solid grow plan in the werks or did ya just toss some ladies in there to get some goin?? And what strains???

I can't wait to get a 5k grow goin someday,lookin good n green.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Very nive HS,lovin the holodeck. So is there a solid grow plan in the werks or did ya just toss some ladies in there to get some goin?? And what strains???

I can't wait to get a 5k grow goin someday,lookin good n green.

Here is the plan. The biggest 6 went in yesterday and in two weeks another 6 (not pictured) will join them. Then two weeks after that I will introduce you guys to the other flower room with another 6 (5 not pictured) and the biggest out of the Octopus. Then two weeks after that the other 6 in the Octopus will be set to flower (that gives them 6 weeks to veg from here).

Then two weeks after that it will be time to pick the first six from the Holdeck and replace with 6 more (currently in the tray) which will have eight weeks from yesterday to get big.

There are a lot of threads out there with this LVPK and if I can grow them like DomicanGreen or BigGreen they will be more than 5' given 8 weeks of veg ;)

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Here is the plan. The biggest 6 went in yesterday and in two weeks another 6 (not pictured) will join them. Then two weeks after that I will introduce you guys to the other flower room with another 6 (5 not pictured) and the biggest out of the Octopus. Then two weeks after that the other 6 in the Octopus will be set to flower (that gives them 6 weeks to veg from here).

Then two weeks after that it will be time to pick the first six from the Holdeck and replace with 6 more (currently in the tray) which will have eight weeks from yesterday to get big.

There are a lot of threads out there with this LVPK and if I can grow them like DomicanGreen or BigGreen they will be more than 5' given 8 weeks of veg ;)

Freakin sick ass dude!! sounds like your gonna be one busy bee for the next few months,and i was blessed with the LVPK i havent had the chance to grow it indoor due to recent drama but i harvested one outdoor and it was some real potent shit!! cant wait to see this venture pan out, I LOVE TREEEES!!!!! :jump: :joint:

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
O man im late to the party again :):)

New room looking fabulous brother, nice and clean ;) i love the ideas with the fan to distrible the airs, very creative !

Cant wait to see the whole room fill up brother! Pk sure is a pretty lady !

cheers,
red.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
congrads on the new room. u dg and bg are all kill it with the lvpk, treu inspirations, since i signed back up to icmag i fell in love with her from ur thread and had to get her for myself myne is bout 3.5ft got my co2 tank filled gonna flip 12/12 on monday when i get my new horilux eye 1 k bulbs in, hope i can make her half as happy as all of you guys. best of luck with ur new setup. purple mojo from all of stoneys crew to ya.

Latest posts

Latest posts