What's new

Hydrohuts killing plants... it's finally over

Waytek

I think we should get a class action suit together and sue 'em..... I waited months for my mini to come back as they shipped the wrong sized tent back 4 times... Finally somebody from Hydroasys sent me their demo tent but the bottom is ripped out so I had to use half a roll of duct tape on it.... It's an old tent so it might be ok but damn enough already this is B.S. I think I should get a full refund at this point.

Babombeez

FUCK!!!! This is what the problem is!!! I am growing in a Hydrohut too!!!!!!!!!! My plants have all been dying on me!!!! The next cab over is fine.... WTF!!!!

The new growth comes out yellow, then turns white and inconsistent green/yellow striping on leaves....

Beez

Texas Kid

Babombeez said:
FUCK!!!! This is what the problem is!!! I am growing in a Hydrohut too!!!!!!!!!! My plants have all been dying on me!!!! The next cab over is fine.... WTF!!!!

The new growth comes out yellow, then turns white and inconsistent green/yellow striping on leaves....

Beez

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!

Tex

mr freez

homebox

homebox

i have moms in a homebox and clones in a clonebox with no problems whats so ever. I should have stuck to that name brand :bashhead:

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Has anyone had the replacment HH workout for them or is the whole thing a delay tactic?

My local Hydro Shop says there is nothing they can do to help. He says "it would be a loss for him". Are you F&%king kidding me??!!! I lost an entire crop due to this freakin thing.

i will drive as far as I have to and never use that shop again. He burned me for 200 bucks and it will cost him thousands.

K.........done venting.

Should I send this thing to HH for replacment or is that gonna end up being the same issue as well?

Thanks,

Pirate :headbange

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
thank u everybody !!! glad I read this thread, saved a lot of hassle and rage, Im gonna get some plans and build my own damn veg chamber.

D

Dissect

HydroHut claims another victim.

HydroHut claims another victim.

Unfortunately this is probably the last place anybody wants to be posting as it means ultimately death to some undeserving plants. I was having the same yellowing and couldn't figure out what the problem was. Temps/PH/Nutrients were fine - no solutions. The strange part is that I grew last spring/summer in the same HydroHut Mini that's giving me problems now, and there were no ill effects whatsoever??? WTF? Anybody else have a similar problem, of it working for one grow but now all of a sudden being murderous? Moved the plants outside, don't have much hope for them. Going to be drawing up the plans for a DIY cabinet to replace the HH. Lesson learned, when you want something done right......Peace.

P

PonicalChillin

Hmm.. I just received back my 2x4 canvas from my hydrohut kindergarden but dont think I'll be risking it based on the comments here.

I've also got a 4x8 Homebox and never had a problem with it other then one of the zippers giving me shit.

Anyone looking into the huts get a homebox. I believe they just dropped all of their prices too...probably due to the influx of people needing a non-toxic hut.
www.cheaphydroponics.com has super low pricing on these. They've got the original listed for $154. Thinkin about pickin another one up and slappin a 400w phillips ceramic halide in there. :headbange

I cannot believe the "fixed" hydrohuts are in fact not fixed. Does Hydrohut really think people are going to forget about it. I think they potentially lost their entire customer base.

I've also talked to Hydrofarm about their habitats..they said they they originally pulled them when word was going around about the hydrohuts, but are now selling them claiming that it was just a precautionary thing and that they've only has like 1% complaints/issues with their units.

TheStarJacqui

PonicalChillin said:
Hmm.. I just received back my 2x4 canvas from my hydrohut kindergarden but dont think I'll be risking it based on the comments here.

I've also got a 4x8 Homebox and never had a problem with it other then one of the zippers giving me shit.

Anyone looking into the huts get a homebox. I believe they just dropped all of their prices too...probably due to the influx of people needing a non-toxic hut.
www.cheaphydroponics.com has super low pricing on these. They've got the original listed for $154. Thinkin about pickin another one up and slappin a 400w phillips ceramic halide in there. :headbange

I cannot believe the "fixed" hydrohuts are in fact not fixed. Does Hydrohut really think people are going to forget about it. I think they potentially lost their entire customer base.

I've also talked to Hydrofarm about their habitats..they said they they originally pulled them when word was going around about the hydrohuts, but are now selling them claiming that it was just a precautionary thing and that they've only has like 1% complaints/issues with their units.

Hydrofarm habitats have the same problem. Killed my crop. It sucks. Took it back to the Hydroshop and got a credit balance, but I'll never go back to those things again. DIY.

Texas Kid

It's not a loss to the retailer because they are giving credit back through the distributors that you bought them from. So your local cat could have takin it back and returned it to Hydrofarm, IGS, R&M Supply, or Tradewinds which ever one of the four they got it from for credit. Those are the only four I can think of and all could give credit for a returned tents.

I just sent back 6 that were supposed to be "repaired" or "fixed" but no, no quite, same issues...I got an email form them explaining the new issue.....I guess they didn't say I couldn't post it up so...here it is

"We found several temp employees not processing when being paid to process. They simply claimed that they had done the work and refolded certain tents. Needless to say, I removed them from my premises right away but obviously, the further reaching implications are what you've outlined. No trust anymore."

No tents for me anymore, I am Rambo style and lovin it....

Tex

Dissect said:
Unfortunately this is probably the last place anybody wants to be posting as it means ultimately death to some undeserving plants. I was having the same yellowing and couldn't figure out what the problem was. Temps/PH/Nutrients were fine - no solutions. The strange part is that I grew last spring/summer in the same HydroHut Mini that's giving me problems now, and there were no ill effects whatsoever??? WTF? Anybody else have a similar problem, of it working for one grow but now all of a sudden being murderous? Moved the plants outside, don't have much hope for them. Going to be drawing up the plans for a DIY cabinet to replace the HH. Lesson learned, when you want something done right......Peace.

yeah when mine was brand new a I done a successfull 2 week veg in it and the grow went stellar...then the mums were put in there after that and thats when all the shit began...first clones i had in an aero cloner wouldnt clone cause the air pump was in the HH and started sucking poison into the cloner...the hard part was not knowing what was wrong with everything and banging my head against a wall and goin nuts...not to mention all the headaches and frustration and dead clones everywhere...those fuckin tents... :badday: I just built a box after that outta cheap plywood and 2x2s and cut the loss of 1 stellar mom... :badday:

Last edited:
D

Dissect

Bongorilla,

Don't you find it somewhat strange that it doesn't kill the plants right away, but then all of a sudden there's no recovery. I'm still trying to figure out how I completed one successful grow in the tent, but on the second this happened? Guess I'll never know. But it's DIY for sure from here on out. Started to build a box yesterday and should be finished this week - similar situation - 2X4's, black poly, mylar and hopefully no more deaths....Time will tell. Peace.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
My guess would be the off gassing either takes time to begin and/or takes time to reach critical levels.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
it took at least a month for me to start noticing huge changes. i put fresh green plants in there and was using an almost burn out 600w hortilux for about a month that had a backwards wired socket (less bright, less heat).

then the bulb went to shit and i got a new one. then after about a week with the new bulb and high temps, the off-gassing really came into play. all of the fan leaves fell off and nothing was budding for over 2 months, just a little trich coverage. lastly, everything turned completely yellow and died.

I WANT MY DAMN MONEY BACK!!! HYDROHUT is the shittiest product out there. i feel so bad for all the growers who don't use the forums that experience this problem and have no idea what is wrong. there is no restitution for so much considerable damage.

simpleword

This whole hydro hut issue sure is a bummer. I'm still using the frame for my hydro hut so I guess I got something out of it but still. The worst thing is that I bought it a few weeks before everyone started noticing the problems!

Without the forums I would have NEVER come to the conclusion that my hydrohut was to blame. Thanks again for all the info, it's been about 5 months since my disaster. I've built 2 DIY rooms since then for less than $100 that are much more sturdy and functional than the Hut. Best of luck to you those of you who are still having probs!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
My first thought when hearing of this was voodoo. My theory was to take them out of the tent but, the closest thing I had for a reason was bad juju. The tent was haunted. Off gassing? Never heard of it before this.

Daemon

That sucks. I nervously bought an HTG tent a while back, and although it is cheap knockoff of a hut; it doesn't kill my plants. It's actually very nice for what I do. I grow sativa's(mostly) in it and it works well with a single 250w and a 2' T5.

Oh and Freezerboy, think of off gassing like when varnish is heated, it lets off gasses/byproducts. Many of the chemicals used in processing various plastics(i.e. PVC, PE, etc), cure at different rates and some, even after curing, will begin to break down upon experiencing certain environmental conditions(such as high heat).
Blame the manufacturers for not knowing basic chemistry or the company for not checking into it before selling them, either way it's crap; and they should be held responsible.

Last edited: