What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hydrohuts killing plants... it's finally over

Y

YwouldntI

if ur worried(understandably) about ur address bein out there,if ur growshop is cool and would send it back and forth in their name,u could just pick it up when it gets back there.its not like itll cost them anything,you could even throw them a couple dollars for helpin you out.just an idea.peace

yayarea

I knew it wasnt me !!!!!!

I knew it wasnt me !!!!!!

only had this problem in the hydro hut and clones coming out of the hydro hut. I had the hut setup to veg, inside a flowering room and everything in the flowering room also turned out like this and then eventually died !!!!
Everyone thought it was something different, from calmag, to iron deff, to ph.
But I was using the same nutes, meter, and clones at a friends and no problem. Only a problem where the hut was at. hmmm I wonder if this is a health issue to humans also ????

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
mr freez said:
think i might get this. I think thermal cams cant see thru the sell. http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?ic=GRDR150&eq=&Tp=
F.L.I.R. laughs at puny tent. You cannot hide. However, Leo isn't going to spend millions of dollars arresting tens of thousands of aquarists and kids playing nintendo on the big screen in the hopes they might get a single grower with a tent.

You're not worth the trouble. And I mean that in a good way :wave:

gregor_mendel

hydrohut@gmail? gmail?

Adresses, names and all? Careful!

You sure had me worried that I had posted the entire email with my own personal information. Hydrohut@gmail is the email address of the Hydrohut company.

Please don't scare me like that.

G

wickedpete66 said:
I have 2 hydrohut mini's and haven't experienced that problem. so I guess I'm safe

Me too. I have a mini. 4th grow goinnow without a problem. Not all of them were affected.

pedro

Omega Rasta

Has there been any problems associated with the Hydrofarm Habitat similar or the same as the Hydrohut ??

Props to the company for standing behind their products too. Sensitive plants require a sensitive hut. :bashhead:

I own a Hydrofarm Habitat and have never used it. Just curious. I'm sure they're made almost exactly the same.

sergio

gregor_mendel said:
My retailer, who was very cool about my huts, forwarded this to me.

I hate to share bad news with you all... i just returned my 'processed' hydro hut, they've tried but it's the exact same problem: bleaching and yellowing starting at the center of new growth until the plant dies, different strains take different time but eventually they all show the same symptoms... i was also hoping they fixed it since my Hydrofarm Habitat's 2X4 was giving me the same problems but now I have a defective HydroHut and a deffective Habitat... it so royally sucks, after months of bad luck i was hoping i was at the end of the tunnel... not so...

hurricane

Sorry to hijack a little bit, but exactly what problems are you all having with your huts?

Is it all the same, with the yellowing of new growth from the center out? I am having some small issues with my current grow in a hydrohut mini. I dont feel its a hydrohut issue but some people do so thats why i'm checking in.

I have a couple leaves that are either browning or yellowing from the tips inward, Its rather slow and my plants have been in the hydrohut since the 18th of january. mostly on the middle leaves definatly not the newest growth. Are these also "documented repeatable" hydrohut issues? Or should i go with my gut instinct, which says I never grown a plant green from start to finish why should i this time(besides, i've underfed overfed and everything in the middle)? :)

This picture is flowering day 27. Note that many of the "bright spots" on leaves arn't discoloration, but a cheap old digital camera coping with the extreme ammount of light. I would fiddle with the white balance but the LCD on this camera died years ago, so its just point and click.

Hurricane

Last edited:

TheStarJacqui

Omega Rasta said:
Has there been any problems associated with the Hydrofarm Habitat similar or the same as the Hydrohut ??

Props to the company for standing behind their products too. Sensitive plants require a sensitive hut. :bashhead:

I own a Hydrofarm Habitat and have never used it. Just curious. I'm sure they're made almost exactly the same.

Yes there are reports that the Habitat is affected also.

I bought a Habitat brand new (170 w/ tax) from a good Hydro shop in San Diego and I have the same problem as the people in this thread. Yellowing starts in the middle of new growth until the plants just go under.

From what I'm told the skins are made at the same facility as the Hydrohuts.

Problem isn't as wide with the Habitats as it is with the Hydrohuts though.

Obviously I can't just send the skin back and be without it for 2 weeks, just have to live with it I guess. I'm also told if you vent the huts very well the gases that build up from the toxic crap in the plastic won't affect your plants as much. Good ventilation is key.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
^^
Live with it??? Thats not something I would accept. I would return it to the grow store and tell them you didn't buy defective crap that out-gasses chlorine gas from the vinyl. Bring in the HydroHut letter, email HydroFarm on why they are no longer listing the SunHut/Habitats on their website. They will respond telling you they pulled them for investigation. If your hydrostore is any bit decent they should give you store credit.... I was provided a replacement Habitat for my HydroHut that was killing my plants,,,,, tested it out and it was just knockoff hydrohut, same exact material, same exact design..... Returned it for store credit and decided to go with the Secret Jardin DR 150.... Have yet to hear of anything negative of the tents and they have various benefits to em.

If its killing MJ.... It cant be good for you and your pets.

Last edited:

s0cK3y3

I know without any doubt in my mind that my HydroHut Deluxe and it's replacement both caused the EXACT same yellowing from the center top fan leaves first, just like you have.

I do think it is worth mentioning that my HydroHut Original has had ZERO PROBLEMS during which time the two Deluxes killed my plants. Moving them into the original saved them each time.

So as far as I can tell, it is only the HydroHut Deluxe that have the toxicity issue.

There are hundreds of people that have experienced this issue and have discussed it on icmag.com alone. Please visit my previous posts to see the history of other's with this same HydroHut Deluxe problem.

The President of HydroHut emailed me and said that there was a "toxicity - type unkown" in the poles. They promptly replaced the entire hut with a brand new one. The brand new one was toxic as well.

Please review my previous posts to see the huge amount of other posts regarding this issue. Dont just take my word for it:)

Daemon

vindiesel said:
so now that i got the hut from HTG what to do....?i guess nothin and hope 4 the best. it's been assembled 2 weeks and will not b used for another month. i guess HTG and all huts are the same... i guess it's good at least it will not be brand new and have been sitting for over a month. i'll unzip it too and keep it aired out...would u be worried if u were me harry? my first grow is a stable and supposedely easy strain....bog's bogglegum and/or paradise fem ice cream, prob just bogglegum first. here i was thinking a hut was GREAT, now just another concern...there are lots of success stories w/ growtents though. yes, i am trying to comfort myself....lol.

How is the HTG tent working out for you? I currently have two small modified greenhouses that aren't working out for me and I'm looking at a tent. I have had good experiences with them and you can't beat the price. Has anyone had any problems with the HTG tents? I've also heard that they only really work with an air cooled light - the way the venting is set up supposedly.

Latest posts

Latest posts