What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hydrohuts killing plants... it's finally over

ogenko

s0cK3y3 said:
HydroHut Deluxe and it's replacement
did hydrohut replace your tent or your local store replace it with another one out of stock????

i'm sending mine back to, will it come back to me usable???

G

I heard Secret Jardin the Darkroom tents are having major problems with PVC in there tents.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aqua Lab Tech said:
I heard Secret Jardin the Darkroom tents are having major problems with PVC in there tents.

You heard wrong.. Everyone is loving their Jardin tents so far, myself included.

More importantly, they don't use PVC in the tent.. You've got them confused with Hydrohut/Habitat tents.

You should consider checking your facts before you go off and specifically call out a manufacturer.. People here have been through enough stress over these messed up tents.

I would urge everyone to disregard that report until it has been substantiated with facts or confirmed by someone who didn't join yesterday.

ogenko

whats the panda plastic that you buy by the foot made of???
do i gotta get rid of that to
it blacks my windows out so nicely when its doubled up

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
No, panda plastic/black white poly is fine. I've grown in rooms that covered the walls without any problems. But with my hydrohut mini it is a completely different issue. I sent my toxic hut canvas back and now have the new one running. Plants have only been inside a few days and the newest leaves are starting to look suspiscious. I'll keep you posted....soon come.

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Well bad news folks. My new Hydrohut Mini canvas is making my plants look haggard. I've got some really nice Hashberry's in early flower and all the new growth is yellowing very strangly...

Before the hut they were picture perfect, and now slowly yellowing. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news :badday:

-Funk

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I haven't contacted IGS about the new canvas they sent me. I may send them an email and see what they say. I don't know if they will go about refunding my $200 but I'm going to try to get one. Not to worry, got a Dark Room Dr80 on the way =)

-Funk

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
I don't think anything better of the company for standing by its product. They had to, if they didn't word would have got out eventually and then they would be out of business. I am sure if they could have hidden it and gotten away with it they would have. It is all about money.

Also, their proprietary process is probably nothing other than a cheap fix, such as coating the canvas with another chemical to prevent the bad chemical from oxidizing. If they really wanted to fix the problem properly they would replace the bad canvas with the new version.

One other thing I would like to mention is that they never sayed anything about the chemical being harmful to humans. If the plants are effected by it and people are smoking the plants we too are going to injest the chemical. I think for them to do what they are doing it had to be a very serious problem. Just something to think about.

I don't mean to be a pessimist or Mr. paranoia, but you got to think about the worst possible senario when your health could be at risk.

TGT

Andyo

Veteran
PVC poly vinyl chloride

PVC poly vinyl chloride

pvc ..has long been known to give off harmfull gas and cause trouble with plants when used in green house for at least 25 years
come on lets have the name of the donkey that made this fuck up!
Tie him backwards on a donkey and chase him through the streets :bashhead:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Aerokush - The Hydrohut canvas I have now is the replacement they sent me for my original canvas that was toxic. They are now 0/2...bummer.

-Funk

B00st3d

well I bought a Mini yesterday and he insisted it was a new one and that I had no worries. As soon as we got it assembled and caught a whif of that plastic we almost got sick. My friend tried to stand in it and couldnt without feelin dizzy from the nasty smell inside. Talkin sum serious outgassing from that plastic. Its assembled in a spare bedroom as we speak and the whole room reaks and its nauseating. Im takin it back today. Not to mention I think the qaulity of it was absolute garbage with the exception of the canvas. The pole setup and ceiling setup were horrible. This thing wobbles like jello. Im dissapointed and cant understand what the craze is about with these things anyways. Im just gonna frame one up tonite for maybe 50 bucks in materials and this one will actually be lightproof unlike the 'hut'

Aerokush, kidding or not. You couldn't pay me to say I'd b l o w up anything. Especially with the psychopaths that run our government. Risky, or I'm just paranoid.

HH sucks dude, it just sucks. IMO. I've had 2 now and both ruined my girls, and totally trashed the grow, beyond repair. Check my gallery, I have some old pics of the first hut and it was garbo.

I'm sending my new one back, I want my money back. Fuck the hut.

And if I get any shit from the guys at HH, I will report that shit to the Consumerist and do my best to make a HUGE deal about it. I don't give a fuck about their replacements or whatever, I want my money back. The product is trash, each and every time. Maybe in a year or two, after they perfect the *toxic* pvc liner, then I'll scoop up another one for a mother hut. Until then, fuck em : )

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
InjectTruth said:
Whats the story with the HTG tents? Are people having the same problems?
They advertise that they are made of PVC.... I saw one in a local shop,,, looked like a clone of a HydroHut/SunHut/Habitat to me... I wouldn't touch em with a 10ft pole, but that just from my experiences with a HydroHut/Habitat.

Only tent I have heard 100% positive feedback (as in NOT killing your plants) is the Secret Jardin...... some ppl dislike the plastic corners and the socks for outlets.... however... small price to pay for a tent that actually works as intended. Larger footprint of the tents seem like a +

Ill post more info when the tent lands.

Joe Hawkins

I ve recently purchased a Hombox, and it looks suspiciously like the hydro hut, howvever homebox's website claims no PVC is used.

My plants are yellowing badly and some have died.

I told my hydro shop dude and at the moment we are going through a process of elimnation but from what IVe read here it looks like its the hut, and if this homebox is not made of PVC then there goes that excuse.

Ive read up on a few threads about this problem and even MYnamesstich is convinced its the huts and not an sulphur or iron deficiency, which was my first thought, as well as his, but from the evidence it seems that these tents are toxic. im quite bewildered and 650$ down.

There are a few little things that could have gone wrong, one being my nutes are a bit old, but my veg nutes are the same age and are doing fine.

The idea of them is fantastic and I really dont want to part ways with this thing just yet but fuk man, this hasnt happened to me ever in 22 yrs of growing, Im a bit pissed off but dont want to give up.

mr freez

hurricane

hurricane

Sorry to hijack a little bit, but exactly what problems are you all having with your huts?
I have the exact same problem in my hut and its going into the trash tomorrow. same yellowing!

Last edited:
The HH conundrum

The HH conundrum

Let's just f-in face it: HH sux. I bought 2 (4x8s), both proved to be serial killers, sent both back to HH for rehabilitation, gave both a second chance, both killed again. We all love the concept and want it to work, but it just don't. Period. Damn them for wasting weeks/months of our lives...and may those of you who have not yet taken the plunge be forewarned.

Latest posts

Latest posts