What's new

Hydrogen peroxide used on a all organic grow??

maryjohn

Veteran
lol I am having some tonsilitis right now and guess what i have been using to gargle!

yup, salt and h2o2. I even inject weak h2o2 solution into my tonsils with a plastic curved syringe (yes they are that big). So I am not anti h2o2, I am just exploring where it is appropriate. It also works very well for preventing tonsiloliths. But to have any effect it needs prolonged, undiluted (not at 3%, which is too harsh) contact. One trip through your stomach and it's not the same stuff anymore.

so... how much phenol is appropriate in an organic grow? Ok, that one does not stick around, but the other additives are present in cumulative amounts as they are left behind as residue, no?

as for plastic containers... i get you. there is a dilemma there. I try to order things from as close as possible, but when I can't, I prefer a plastic bottle because it is lighter than glass and has a huge impact on fuel costs. The best we can do is recycle, but I do wish we had a less carbon-intensive distribution system.

If you do decide to transfer your neem to a plastic bottle, pour gently to stir in less air, and make sure the container is opaque, like the plastic bottle is.

nevertheless, let's not let the perfect preclude the good. Just because you have to use plastic containers (even my pots are plastic) does not mean you can use whatever you want and still call it organic. That would be in bad faith, no? You do the best you can. And this is an issue where it is ridiculously easy to take the steps necessary to make constant h2o2 use unnecessary. Provide good drainage, don't overwater, and try to water from the bottom if you are getting soil compaction.

oh, I'm also taking the antibiotics, because I've been here before and h2o2 gargles help but don't cut it on their own.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
maryjohn, sorry to hear about the state your tonsils are in, stay away from sweets, weakens them even more.

so could we say that if a good quality H2O2 is used, that leaves no residues, like food grade H2O2 or good quality 3%, and if it is not used in excess but only when really needed. can fit well within a grow categorized as organic.

:chin:

peace and good health

maryjohn

Veteran
yes, I can agree, as long as we are not talking about using it as a substitute for drainage and parsimonious watering.

isn't it amazing how polite and constructive conversation leads to agreement, whereas taking every disagreement personally leads to bickering and discord? small sample size, I know...

Latest posts

Latest posts