What's new

hydro teas

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also, the information I provided is for optimum results. I always tell people to use what they have. I have many pointers for making your own brewer on my webpage.
http://www.microbeorganics.com/#So_You_Wanna_Build_A_Compost_Tea_Brewer

I give this information away freely after spending lots of money researching. I think the bigger dick comment belittles you.

The tests are very similar at 2400 feet above sea level where I live and Yelm, WA which is close to sea level. The larger variance is with higher TDS water. But buy a DO2 meter and check it yourself by all means.

beejium

Microbeman thanks for that site. i will be spending some time reading and taking notes. this is just what i have been looking for my switch to organics.

grapeman

Veteran
OK - now that I got the fact that I need an optimum of .08 cfm to brew my EWC tea, I got a few more questions other then air volume.

1) Assuming I will be using .08 cfm and good fresh EWC, what would be the recommended amount of ECW (more or less) to brew a 5 gallon batch?

2) In the same 5 gallon batch, what is the recommended amount of molasses? (maybe I've been using too little).

3) How much of the 5 gallon batch of fresh EWC should then be used in my weekly 50 gallon water/nute change (I drain to waste weekly)? Like 1 gal of EWC tea to 50 gallons of water/nutes or what?

I'm sure there are no hard and fast rules here on the amount of EWC tea/gallon of water/nutes, but I am hoping someone will share with us what they use with success.

V

vonforne

OK - now that I got the fact that I need an optimum of .08 cfm to brew my EWC tea, I got a few more questions other then air volume.

1) Assuming I will be using .08 cfm and good fresh EWC, what would be the recommended amount of ECW (more or less) to brew a 5 gallon batch?

2) In the same 5 gallon batch, what is the recommended amount of molasses? (maybe I've been using too little).

3) How much of the 5 gallon batch of fresh EWC should then be used in my weekly 50 gallon water/nute change (I drain to waste weekly)? Like 1 gal of EWC tea to 50 gallons of water/nutes or what?

I'm sure there are no hard and fast rules here on the amount of EWC tea/gallon of water/nutes, but I am hoping someone will share with us what they use with success.

2 handfuls

1 TSP per gallon

That is about 10 % If it was me I would increase that to at least 20 to 30 % of the reservoir capacity. EWC will never burn your plants and the more you dilute the less % of micro organisms that will be delivered.

Some of my teas are...

Per liter for veg

1 handful EWC
1 TBS Fulvic or Humic acid
1 TBS Kelp extract or meal
1 TBS Fish hydrolysate.

Last edited:
C

CT Guy

1.5-2 cups. Make sure that it's being agitated and not just sitting in a mesh bag though. The organisms have to be stripped off the soil particulate. 400 micron mesh is ideal for this purpose.

osirica420

Chemdog DD at 50 days...
Guano, Seaweed and sea mineral tea only in a DWC/waterfarm... 2-3 more weeks left 100% organic! :joint:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

V

vuuduu

Interesting reading guys! Thanks !

I been thinking to switch my coco grow to organic.. Think i'm gonna give a shot:D

Cheers!!

cool, this may be a worthy thread of mine,...heh heh.what about a gravity fed drip system straight from your tea?

ctguy, i appreciate your knowledge and research....but i've never measured anything when it comes to organics,....well, except blood meal, that stuff can burn your plants if not careful...

but in all seriousness, i think this talk of .08 cfm may be a little overthought.....i mean, who's really goin to measure this?.... no offense ct guy, i appreciate everyone's opinion and you seem to be very well read, but when it comes to organics i think people tend to overthink things a bit much, we're not using chemicals here.....since i've switched to organics, measuring ammendments has become a thing of the past...

but anyway, i'm ramblin, so by all means, let the games continue!!!

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is a rating of pump output, not something to measure, unless of course you wish to purchase a flow meter. It is pretty well established that 6 PPM minimum is required in an ACT to promote mostly aerobes. That's it. simple. So if you are using a smaller pump use a smaller container and/or less inputs IF you wish to promote optimum circumstances for aerobes.

abuldur

hi,
i've got a question for the pros,i'm running a "best of both worlds" system using chemical ferts and beneficials (bacteria and shrooms).
This in a recycling aquafarm plus controler with a bio filter.
http://www.eurohydro.com/home.php

What ph range should i aim for?
It seems that the bacteria level the ph arround 6.5 this throughout the entier grow and with no intervention ph wise.
But the brand of nutes i use :www.metrop.nl/
They give the value of 5.8 ph as optimum for hydro use.
This is my first time with the "best of both worlds" method.
Will i have nutrient deficiencies cause of high ph values or will the nutes be made available by the bacteria and fungi (chelation?) at 6.5 ph?

pepelepew098 sorry for off topic post but it seems you got the right people here for my q.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry but I just don't know about using a combo system. My gut would be to leave it be unless you see the plants suffering.

osirica420

ph swing has alot to do the with the roots and microbes as Mircobeman says..even in chemical hydro grows the roots secrete sugar into the water..

if you are using pure organic or a mix of the two expect alot of fluctuation to the point you leave it alone between these ranges 4.8 - 7.2
I can go weeks without messing with the PH as long as i keep bacteria numbers up!..
a tiny bit a of molasses goes a long way.. for up
fulvic/humic acids for down .. these are good chelators also
add those when needed

grapeman

Veteran
EWC teas & more

EWC teas & more

So - I live in a farming community. I called a local tractor salesman friend of mine and asked him who is making EWC teas. Went to visit the Earthworm farm.

Not only did I score a bag of "Fresh" EWC's, since I was a local farmer, I was also given several gallons of his finished Tea products.

Certified Organic farm, making teas for the farmers and selling blends from $2.50/gallon to $6.00/gallon. LOL. And the crap on the internet and in the Hydro store is $40/gallon.

Not the dead crap sold in your Hydro store, fresh lab analyzed Veg and Flower Teas.

GOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLL !!!!!