What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush's new hidey hole — I'm growing for one, now!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Now that the lights are on I was able to take a photo of the female, to show that variegation mutation. Here's the plant in natural color:

IbI9Kkd.jpg

And here's a close-up of a fan leaf, with heavy color saturation, to show the effect better:

nCau6Jl.jpg

MicroHaze

Hey Hush,

I’m curious as to the leaf variegation. Is this something you saw in the F1’s. Do you feel that it’s a trait passed down from mike’s NL or his PK? Or is it just something you are seeing on this run?

Peace.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Hey Hush,

I’m curious as to the leaf variegation. Is this something you saw in the F1’s. Do you feel that it’s a trait passed down from mike’s NL or his PK? Or is it just something you are seeing on this run?

Peace.

No, I never saw it in the F1s, and it's the first time I've seen it in the dozens of F2s I've done so far. I suspect it's just a regular old mutation hidden in the BC Kush genes. It's a nice looking specimen.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Just got the 3x3 up and running again. This is Bubba Hash, by Ace Seeds.

Solid and powerful cross between 2 famous afghan indicas: the modern Bubba Kush and the HashPlant from the 90s.

Bubba Hash clearly enhances the vigor, yield, potency and quality of the original Bubba Kush, always offering outstanding afghani phenotypes.

This hashplant hybrid produces relaxing, very dense and tasty flowers, full of resins, with high medicinal value.

Highly recommended for indoor growing due its main big cola columnar structure that allows to grow many plants in small spaces and in a short time.

We guarantee this plant will please all hashplant lovers. Excellent choice to make afghan hash.

TKfq3Ta.jpg

I didn't choose this one... I told dubi I needed nighttime medicine, and I gave him dealer's choice. He didn't even hesitate. This was his recommendation. So I got 'em. 5 feminized seeds. All of 'em germinated. I then fucked up while trying to remove a stubborn seed hull and killed one of them. I will say though that they all did seem to need help shedding the hull. I now have 4 seedlings, and we'll see where it goes from here.

I know I said I'm done with using fabric pots and soilless mixes, and that's still the plan, but I already took the time and labor to mix the shit and fill the pots before, and they were just sitting there on my kitchen floor. Why throw it away? I just have to pay more attention and not forget to plug in pumps or whatever.

But I am going back to straight up rockwool cubes after this. When I do eventually do single plant runs again, I'll dump hydroton balls in the flood tray around the cube, or something like that.

No, I never saw it in the F1s, and it's the first time I've seen it in the dozens of F2s I've done so far. I suspect it's just a regular old mutation hidden in the BC Kush genes. It's a nice looking specimen.

I had one variegated NL few years ago. Thought I was doing something wrong. Mine was almost completely yellow the entire grow. It was my best pheno of the bunch producing nice hard buds and had a nice strong fruity smell.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I had one variegated NL few years ago. Thought I was doing something wrong. Mine was almost completely yellow the entire grow. It was my best pheno of the bunch producing nice hard buds and had a nice strong fruity smell.

Well I must say that the plant's structure is different than what I'm used to seeing. In fact, it's become the tallest plant of the bunch. Its structure is more of a xmas tree shape and not the branchy bush that is the Kush shape I'm familiar with. So this ought to be interesting, for sure.

I have to say, it's odd that it's the only one showing sex. There's the one that I'm pretty sure is a male, although technically it could be a hermie and I just don't know it yet. Then there are the remainder which are not showing any preflowers yet. The F2s I've grown out in the past showed their sex earlier than this. So I'm beginning to think that it's because of the LED light. In the past they were grown out under HPS. I suppose that's affecting things.

YukonKronic

I finally decided to organize all of my seeds. I've been keeping them in a motley assortment of various containers for years, so I finally ordered a case of dram vials and a fine-tip, metallic-ink sharpie. :biggrin:

View Image

I clearly should have bought an ultra fine-tip sharpie. Oh well.

I would think about labeling jars not lids... the second you smoke a doob and open 2 jars you have to grow em to ID em...
Bin dere dun dat...

Looks good in here by the way:tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I would think about labeling jars not lids... the second you smoke a doob and open 2 jars you have to grow em to ID em...
Bin dere dun dat...

Looks good in here by the way:tiphat:

Thankee! I actually did think about that, but then I thought that having the ink on the vials themselves would make it more likely that I would rub off or smear the writing. But you make a good point! I can't say I thought about that, I must admit. But I can't imagine opening up more than one vial at a time. Since I'm so space-limited, I'm only doing monocrops, and one variety at a time.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Haha! So the BH seedling that I thought I killed decided to resurrect itself overnight! I just went in the grow room to check on things, and the discarded starter cube was sitting on the shelf where I left it... only now it's standing straight up again and appears to be shooting new leaves out from where the cotyledons used to be. Since I already planted up the other 4, I'm just going to take this one and put it in the spare tent. Maybe I'll go ahead and convert the spare tent into a mother space now...

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I got a new phone, a Pixel 3a, so I've been busy doing some amateur astrophotography the past few days. I'll try to take some photos of the gardens soon, I promise. For now my phone is strapped up to a telescope and I'm not trying to undo any of that yet.

I did discover that two more of the F2s are showing pistils, so I have 3 definite females, 1 definite male, and one not showing sex yet (and is the smallest, least structurally developed, so is probably a late bloomer). Also, any of these can show hermie traits in the upcoming weeks, so this isn't necessarily the final tally. I'm thinking I'll go ahead and leave the male in here with the females. I was considering isolating and collecting pollen and so forth, but I need to save space. I'll remove him after some good pollination has happened.

I'll probably also take clones of all of the plants in the next week or so.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Ok, I'm back with a few Nl photos. The leaf spreading trait has showed up in all of the past Nl's I've grown and to no surprise it was in the one I grew this year too. It looks to me like all the other leaves are trying their hardest not to touch the one in the center. The top pic is of a Nl from last year. I wish I would've gotten pictures of the fan leaves of last years plants. I must note that the one Nl I did this year is the most Sativa leaning one I've grown to date, and I've seen this trait in a few of the photos people have put up of their hybrids. It has me very curious to what the relation is. Maybe from the supposed Thai that may have been bred in there long ago?

Attachments

• 20191025_005536 - Copy.jpg
    20191025_005536 - Copy.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20191025_005412 - Copy.jpg
    20191025_005412 - Copy.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20191025_005437 - Copy.jpg
    20191025_005437 - Copy.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 15

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
You can see it a tiny bit in your BC Purple Kush crosses. Not sure what the Kush mother he used looks like, but I can definitely tell yours are more on that side than the Nl. I circled the few leaves that are showing it.

Attachments

• hush kush.jpg
    hush kush.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 22

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
This one is the healthiest-looking one, and has been along. Never got sunburn from the LEDs, never showed any real deficiencies or anything:

7jVY8xk.jpg

NelLent.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
This one is the late-flowering one that showed her sex last. She also is the one that closest resembles the original F1s from which she came:

dBFtHae.jpg

DJYPerc.jpg