What's new

hush's micro vert experiment

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Everything got hacked way back today. It was too bushy in there for the amount of light I'm providing. So I trimmed off the puny branches and defoliated heavily. This is what the poor girls look like now:

IMG455_zpsdbb72f90.jpg

IMG456_zps037cdd76.jpg

IMG458_zps11e38a4c.jpg

They'll bounce back. :D

Twist1

Wow you went pretty hard on those girls Hush - looks like you caught the pruning/defol bug! I actually had a bit of a go at it for the first time today too - just removing the larger fan leaves from my flowering girls. It's reassuring to see how fast yours have bounced back :)

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
LOL. Yeah, this was the most I've ever hacked away at one of my micro gardens before... But I have to keep reminding myself that this is a just for fun grow, for experimenting purposes, so I don't want to get too complacent. This grow is all about pushing the boundaries and learning what Sadhu is capable of.

I knew as I was chopping that sadhu would be able to take it, and recover from it, but I underestimated how fast they are bouncing back! I'm impressed. Once they grow upward just a tad bit more I will flip them.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks nicely trained to fill the canopy when flipped - pretty shocking amount of defol but it should have time to bounce back and put on more leaf so the light doesnt get wasted on the walls. i'll be following this.

VG

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
uhh, pal you have no mercy for your girls, do you? ;)

i cannot believe it took them less than 24hrs to get back on track though. impressive! is it Sadhu or is it the hempy bed???

peace :smoke:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Honestly, it's probably just Sadhu. It's those landrace genetics! But yeah, she bounced back very quickly.

And no, lol, I have no mercy. I warned her I was going to do it! Before I even put clones of her in this cabinet, I told her I would be chopping and cropping. It's her fault if she didn't listen!

Haha, in all honesty, sadhu seems to be able to handle just about all the abuse I throw at her. And that's one of the objectives of this experiment is to see just how much she can take.

Oh, and thank you VerdantGreen! :wave:

Last edited:

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
in fact i am very interested to verify whether defoliation that intense would impact final size/volume/results at all, what is your view? i mean it could impact yield both ways, positive or neg.
will you be able to compare it to anything (benchmark), hush? given your knowledge about sadhu performance?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I say no, in my experience, as long as you let the plants recover from your training methods, it doesn't negatively impact the yield. If anything it increases the yield, because it's all good bud, and you end up with a smaller popcorn pile.

The trick, of course, is to do something productive during the training! In my case, I'm making sure I can have a "donut" of growth tips that will eventually become single buds. I'm eliminating anything that would have amounted to nothing. Then I let the plants recover before allowing them to flower.

It seems to always work for me like that. Training during flowering is a different matter all together, and sadhu doesn't like too much of it.

I'll be able to tell by the yield, and the physical appearance of the buds, if they were negatively impacted at all.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I trimmed a few weak branches off, in the center of the donut. Well, it's kind of more horseshoe shaped, actually. Anyway, things are looking pretty good:

IMG570_zps8adad122.jpg

IMG571_zps7ea9f17d.jpg

IMG572_zps50baec3d.jpg

IMG579_zpse38a4f7b.jpg

IMG580_zps0dbc4d36.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
So far, yes it is garuda! :) I still have to constantly remind myself that this is just for fun, and to experiment a little.

Day 17:

5sXVn3M.jpg

SvCksJO.jpg

5th

Veteran
Looks pretty fun to me dude.

I see a few tops I'd try to pull down a little lower...but lookin' kick ass hush.

Latest posts

Latest posts