What's new

HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

M

mugenbao

only problem with a high thc content med, is that most people in the market for cbd strains dont want the high psychoactive content.
That's certainly true in my case, but there don't appear to be many options available. I'd love a low-THC/high-CBD strain, as I think that would be pretty much ideal for me.

Even so, I'd definitely give some of HL's stuff above a try! Perhaps the higher CBD would help to mitigate the effects of the TCH somewhat? If nothing else, I just wouldn't smoke it before doing anything important, haha.

Bud-Boy

Veteran
Stopped By Fruitridge last week
Club's got a nice setup

Got to check your work! Beautiful, of course

But they were to full to take any off my hands.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Well done, peeps. Very inspirational and professional grow. I read the whole thing over like a week.

McDank8O5

outdoors are like 1500/lb for nice singles right now, crazy season... i blame HL.

not down south :D don't blame HL that's being a hater and we all know haters hate because you have something they don't.

Amazing season Humboldt Local & Crew:tiphat:

:thank you: for sharing

somoz

Veteran
outdoors are like 1500/lb for nice singles right now, crazy season... i blame HL.

not gonna pay any bills with that....

I think you're just taking the piss shcrews and not hatin if i read your sarcasm right but there are many many HL's out there. Not as generous as showing off their grows and experience but they be in da hills working their patches fo sure.

nomaad

Veteran
There are plenty of desperate folks selling excellent single pounds for $1500 right now, all day long. Same folks will drop trou at about $1200 if you take 5 or more. Many people believe that a bunch of plants in the ground will somehow be magically transformed into money 10 days after harvest. When consulting, I make people justify the math of their economic plan out loud, so I can ask them unbelievably obvious questions like "who is buying the cannabis on that date?". Its shocking what percentage of people have not actually considered this at all.

This is what is called a buyer's market. As soon as the desperate broke folks are sold out (if they are smart they didn;t panic and only sold low what they had to to make it till xmas), the sharks will disperse and the price will stabilize.

Smart growers had their distribution to dispensaries figured out by May or have enough cash in their budget to carry on until the market stabilizes. Blaming it on HL would be silly as he is only a medium scale operator and, even then, one in thousands all over the State. There were plenty of people in the same predicament last year and the year before.

Expecting to sell your wares via cold calls at this point is probably not a grand idea, especially based on very obvious market trends, both annual and seasonal. What sets successful operations apart from the failures is often just a good business model that takes these and many other factors into account. And that holds true for any scale grow.

Last edited:
There are plenty of desperate folks selling excellent single pounds for $1500 right now, all day long. Same folks will drop trou at about $1200 if you take 15 or more. Many people believe that a bunch of plants in the ground will somehow be magically transformed into money 10 days after harvest. When consulting, I make people justify the math of their economic plan out loud, so I can ask them unbelievably obvious questions like "who is buying the cannabis on that date?". Its shocking what percentage of people have not actually considered this at all.

This is what is called a buyer's market. As soon as the desperate broke folks are sold out (if they are smart they didn;t panic and only sold low what they had to to make it till xmas), the sharks will disperse and the price will stabilize.

Smart growers had their distribution to dispensaries figured out by May or have enough cash in their budget to carry on until the market stabilizes. Blaming it on HL would be silly as he is only a medium scale operator and, even then, one in thousands all over the State. There were plenty of people in the same predicament last year and the year before.

Expecting to sell your wares via cold calls at this point is probably not a grand idea, especially based on very obvious market trends, both annual and seasonal. What sets successful operations apart from the failures is often just a good business model that takes these and many other factors into account. And that holds true for any scale grow.

:yeahthats

Well said sir.

jdkronyk101

There are plenty of desperate folks selling excellent single pounds for $1500 right now, all day long. Same folks will drop trou at about $1200 if you take 15 or more. Many people believe that a bunch of plants in the ground will somehow be magically transformed into money 10 days after harvest. When consulting, I make people justify the math of their economic plan out loud, so I can ask them unbelievably obvious questions like "who is buying the cannabis on that date?". Its shocking what percentage of people have not actually considered this at all.

i was gonna elaborate, but you kinda hit the nail on the head .
well said maad,
j.d.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
There are plenty of desperate folks selling excellent single pounds for $1500 right now, all day long. Same folks will drop trou at about $1200 if you take 15 or more. .

Have to say "planty" hit it right on the head last may when HL was at & about teasing him regarding BlueDream on his thread ...'planty' was no big fan of that strain , lol
He called it in post #297
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=157625&highlight=planty+blue+dream&page=20

"Time2Unite You snuck in on me there. Blue Dream will be worth $1500 this year."

* Secret always has been to have yourself well funded..or at least enough funds to weather things into the glut & out beyond into feb/march. Even those that manage to have good cuts of SD , HB or OG genetics which are pretty common would imagine & evrywhere up there .

Indoor SD or HB prices holding up fairly well for the top AA+ quality "toe jam" in your face SourD, but a great majority of what is grown in Norcal really lacks that road kill/fuel-dank pungency east coasters adore & pay thru the nose for . That cut is what most peeps out here in Cali don't seem to have ...but worth its weight in platinum if one has .
( Anyone have ? Then u r lucky , I want it too! ;) )

** Those Nitrogen vacuum sealers are intriguing & have heard they are pretty wonderful for preserving freshness of nose & cure for sometime in storage ? That would be the ticket for those that have the patience to weather the glut .

(Have heard of OD sd going right now for 2-22 in lots , 4-6pts down
from last yr ....a blessing for the buyers market . g )

250wscrogger

All I know is that every year around this time, there is a shitload of cali grown bud getting sent to the east coast....completely flooding the market and ruining our prices.....

I'll bet a good percentage of these guys shipping their wares east are the " legal " medical outdoor growers....There's a reason they NEVER say how many pounds they pulled this season... because they always send a lot of it out of state to be sold for indoor prices...
Not saying there's anything wrong with that...it's just the way it is...why would they sell pounds to dispenseries for $1800 when it can easily be sold for $3200? It's just to seem legit....
There's just no way 100% of that is going to patients in cali...
I'm sure a lot of these guys are selling enough to the dispenseries to seem like legit, tax paying medical providers but a good amount of that product still gets slanged on the black market.

For example: someone pulls 100# but they only sell 60# to the dispensery....how is anyone going to know they still have 40lbs???

They're allowed a certain number of plants, no limit on the amount of weed you can produce....

Nobody will know, only the growers....

LOL :laughing:

I'm not hating, just tellin people how it goes

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
well done, A+ grade indoor SourD , will still fetch up to 33-36 even now ....but must be the crystally , roadkill, dank , fuel-smeared SD pheno & done well . With a 63-70 day finish , no-one's going to grow out top shelf SD & sell it much cheaper than this, in any Cali market , unless its just a B or C grade SD which there is a lot of .

Indoor Bluedreams u can get from the asians in central Cali for 25/lb that beat it out. Speaking of asians , did anyone catch this 1000 light wearhouse grow they found last week in essex county UK? They really were going to town with ten rooms, four gardeners on site & a private gym , lol.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nnabis-farm--2m-worth-weed.html#ixzz156lZtUIi

One of ten rooms , looks like they were doing the UK cheese by the fingers of the fans & plant structure :
article-1329018-0C092396000005DC-698_964x643.jpg

Y

Yankee Grower

All I know is that every year around this time, there is a shitload of cali grown bud getting sent to the east coast....completely flooding the market and ruining our prices.....
Called a friend in the NYC area a few days ago to see what was happening and they're at $4,800 per lb. What is it normally?

G

Ganja D

Used to be 72 for the real sour diesel. In 04 when I grew it some peeps were paying 10k for the cut. I was told if I got caught giving it to anyone the Hell's Angels would raid my house and destroy all my equipment. That real SD was crossed with lots of shit and most Sour D I see is very watered down. That real cut is amazing. You can smell it through 3 turkey bags,it is completely unmistakable. In 08 I found a plant from Rez SD IBL that was very,very close to the clone.
Depending on your crew and who you know the best indoor can still prob get over 6 back east,my guess. But mid 5's for the best is still doable. This used to get over 6
picture.php

Strawberry Cough