What's new

HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

nice posts HL, I just dont understand how you can get certed and no one even comes to over see the garden, whether it be inside or out, sounds like a way for them to put more money in their pocket for really not doing anything, crazy fricking times right now!! Thanks again HL, peace dubba

H

humboldtlocal

They come out one time. But you could just hide the bottles of Avid and Miracle Grow and they would never know the difference. Unfortunately a lot of growers have the criminal mentality that comes with being treated like criminals for so long. Without them testing and making several visits through out the cycle there is no way of knowing what is really going on. Unfortunately this is how the USDA organic certification works as well. Very little oversight. Do you think that all the organic soy beans we import from China are really organic?

Snype

Veteran
Sad and upsetting update on the Clean Green program. After much research among me and my associates in the MMJ community we discovered that the program is actually owned/controlled by one of the large collectives/corporations from Oakland(the one by the Side of the Harbor). We feel this puts the whole program in question. I was getting a little suspicious by how lax the standards were and how little oversight there actually is. Seams to me that anyone could BS there way into being certified and no one would be any the wiser. I would question any farm or collective that has this certification and take it with a grain of salt. It appears to be just another way for the large collectives to tack on a few more bucks to your 1/8th all the while making you think your meds are safer to consume. There is no independent third party testing of the meds which I think is necessary. In doing this research we also found out that the lab in the bay(the one on a Steep Hill) is also in the pocket of the same large mega collective. It is well know in the MMJ community that their testing procedures have been in question since the beginning and if you are in their pocket you can have any results you pay for. Big business is taking over every aspect of this industry and it is making me sick. I am feeling quite disillusioned right now after learning all of this. But really this should just motivate us all to not lose our rights to these guys. We need to take back control of our industry. We the farmers need to form our own certification groups with higher standards and better oversight and testing. Lets put our heads together and see what we can come up with.
I like your mentality HL! If you're staring to see how big business can do what they do then you can get an idea of what will happen if cannabis is completely legal. It's better to change things yourself with your own crews and people and educate the masses so things don't take a wrong turn. Keep up the good work!

They come out one time. But you could just hide the bottles of Avid and Miracle Grow and they would never know the difference. Unfortunately a lot of growers have the criminal mentality that comes with being treated like criminals for so long. Without them testing and making several visits through out the cycle there is no way of knowing what is really going on. Unfortunately this is how the USDA organic certification works as well. Very little oversight. Do you think that all the organic soy beans we import from China are really organic?
No shit right

H

humboldtlocal

Thanks Snype and Dub, Sorry if I harshed out on all hydro growers back there. I used to grow hydro but I never had any illusions about what I was growing or tried to pass it off as something I knew it wasn't. I am sure there are some more natural ways to grow hydro and you sure don't need to use pesticides and chemical fungicides if you have the right education and make the effort. Here in Humboldt there is a huge anti indoor movement. There is a group called Put Em In The Sun. We have a had a lot of problems with diesel spills and many other problems associated with large indoors. I think a lot of people here would oppose allowing any indoor production to pass local standards.

Last edited:
H

humboldtlocal

This is obviously just a marketing tool created to be sold to consumers. Much like the term organic has become. Most consumers would never question how this certification process would work or what CG really means. I didn't till I applied. I had always just heard good things and assumed it was a step in the right direction. I thought it was really setting certain farms production methods above the rest.

wotamess

well, the term 'organic' is a farce anyway... how can you call plants that have fed on chemical ferts non organic?? are they inert?? no! they're still organisms, FFS! yes i know it refers to the organic nature of the ferts, but i think it should all be reclassified to assert clarity... i also think all substances should be legal, so bang goes my argument! :rolleyes:

i'm SEETHING with jealousy at not being able to grow my meager subsistance crop in my backyard (UK) without the law looming over my household with it's threats and suspicion...

best of luck HL and all outdoor growers everywhere.

:ying:

-wam-

H

humboldtlocal

Big money plans to invade Marijuna Country

Big money plans to invade Marijuna Country

I read this this morning and got really pissed. Medical Marijuana Inc has big plans to invade the Emerald Triangle and surrounding counties to really capitalize on Marijuana Tourism. Maybe that sounds like fun to people that aren't from around here but it is really going to take away a lot of opportunity from the locals who make this place what it is. I feel that the people here who created this industry are going to be left in the dust for the most part. I am sure Oaksterdam will be next to follow. There is just too much money at stake and that is what these guys are all about.
http://kymk.wordpress.com/2010/05/28/420-friendly-tourism-coming-to-emerald-triangle/
This is the equivalent of the giant hotels popping up on the Hawaiian islands and the locals being told "you can still work at the resort. We'll need maids and groundskeepers who'll work for minimum wage". As our local culture is destroyed.

Last edited:
P

planty

In my county, we just light shit like that on fire, and then they go away...

H

humboldtlocal

Just ask the Native Americans how things turned out for them. History repeats itself.

mega corporations trying to capitalize off tourism in norcal? ehhh that just rubs me the wrong way...I would be extremely upset if i was local

localhero

25 square foot canopy, hey thats more than enough. thants plenty. if you want more youll need to fill out this application, hope you qualify. oh too bad you broke the rules we're taking your land and selling it to mr agrabusiness at a strangely way below market price. is that a pipe on the table? you know theres a school down the block from here - hey 7 years in jail for you buddy, by the way thats a minimum sentence so unfortunately the judge wont be able to do any judging. here hand us back those non-monsanto approved genetics before you go so we can patent your hard work. have a great day.

fight this shit

Man I read this shit and it makes me feel ashamed to be born and raised in Santa Cruz, and makes me worried to know that the state I've called home for 22 years will be watching CA and following suit shortly. Hey if you guys need help lighting anything on fire give a shout, I'm REALLY good with a lighter!! peace dubba

P

planty

Like I said before, around here, when shit like this comes around...it just burns till it goes away..That's the Hoopa way!!

H

humboldtlocal

This thread has taken a negative nose dive between the BS with Clean Green and big money making a move. There are just so many things setting me off right now and it is easy to find plenty for me to rant about. It is really motivating me to want to work on shaping how we want our industry to be. Getting strong headed growers to work together is a bit like herding cats but I think there is enough motivation right now to get some things done. I sometimes feel like I am very reactionary and learning about things like the above really get my blood boiling. Of course we can't fire bomb any one, we need to find other ways to deal with this. We need to appeal to our local governments and show them that they don't need to look to Oakland for a model on how to do things. Our communities are intelligent and creative enough to come up with our own regulations.
Okay back to the farms. Took some pics yesterday. Everything is growing nicely even with all the rain last week. Things should explode with the coming hot weather. We did a foliar spray of some secret magical compost tea this morning that we just got turned on to and hope to see some instant results.
Here is my other collective project manager. We have been encouraging him to join the forum and he will be joining us soon. He said he is just too tired at the end of the day to even tap buttons on the keyboard. We have about another weeks worth of big push and then hopefully he can get a little rest. He is a good friend of mine for 10+ years with even more growing experience than that and I am thrilled to have him running one of the farms this year. He is so self driven and doesn't slack or cut any corners. I have been so impressed with the guy this year. He is going to be breaking world records for how much cannabis one guy can grow in a season.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts