What's new

HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

H

humboldtlocal

picture.php

picture.php

These plants are still very shocked. That is the WCD on the right.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nomaads Blue Dream. I had to do at least one.:)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Shoe Goo
picture.php

Burmese Kush Goo
picture.php

Mikado Oak
picture.php

nomaad

Veteran
I think the Blue Dream decided it was going to need more room and SMOTE the plant behind it. Great update.

Mikado Oak... sounds special. Where is that from?

H

humboldtlocal

The Mikado oak is a big winner I got from a friend and neighbor of mine. It is not something that has been handed out to too many people and kept in a very small circle. I grew the Oak side of it about six years ago and had five pounders in small holes. I know it can produce and he said it is much more improved with the Mikado in there. They are growing like there is no tomorrow and we have been very impressed with it so far. I got a couple other strains from the same friend that we are running this year. He is someone that I have traded many strains with over the years as he is a very well respected breeder and grower in my neighborhood. Some of the strains I got from him this year had my old genetics worked into them so I am very pumped to be running some familiar friends with some new twists to them.

H

humboldtlocal

Some people are very against strain hoarding and I believe in that to a point. On the other hand now that we gave all of our strains away to the big collectives we have lost a lot of control of our industry up here. Now they make terrible crosses, water down the gene pool, mislabel and distribute clones. Things that were once valuable and would have ensured a thriving business up here for a long time to come, are now being pimped out en masse. I am going to be sharing my work with the community when the time is right but there is also some stuff that I feel needs to be protected from large entities that would just take advantage of it.

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Looking so good over there!

I feel your passion for protecting what we have worked so hard to establish in our respective locales, similar things are beginning to occur here. I have every confidence that you'll carve out a paradigm to remain at the very top of your game man. Folks like us are survivors and have the mindset and abilities to not be left in the dust...

Keep it up and ALL my best...
:)

right on rootwise
the best growers will always have a place in the game
and obviously you guys know what you are doing
the more regulated the more people taking short cuts will be weeded out
at the end of the day the best products will stand out above the rest

G

Ganja D

How bout an update?
Growing is a labor of love. Like anything else,the more you put into it the more you get back. At HumboldtLocal's farm I try to put every ounce of energy I have into my work,and the result will be special. There is a lot of good medicine out there,but when it really comes down to it, I believe a lot of growers are not putting enough effort into maximizing their potential for quality. Yield is one thing,but quality takes sacrifice and careful attention to detail and constant observation and learning. Part of my job is to make sure our collective members get the best possible potential from the quality of our meds. Just want to let you all know how much I care:)
This is one of HL's greenhouses, the last to be planted. Before and after finishing mixing. This greenhouse will have a few of HL's strains and we'll be testing some seed plants from Reservoir Seeds including SSSDH and Sour Diesel.

When mixing soil,good is not enough. I mix it until I'm convinced a cement mixer would do a lesser job. Sometimes it hurts but that just makes me feel I've done my best.:ying:

The weather today was amazing. I almost forgot what a nice day was like. The plants here thrived in the sun all day under their hoops. They are getting big and healthy.

HumboldLocal found a new secret product for a foliar spray. We tried it out this morning and the results were impressive. A few hours later most plants really greened up and the leaves really got that beautiful thick waxy healthy look. This stuff is ridiculous. It has everything beneficial under the sun. Of the many,many ingredients I'll name just one,fossilized whale and dinosaur bones.:tiphat:
Things are good:wave:

Last edited:
H

humboldtlocal

Thanks for all the hard work Ganja D and the nice updates you have been doing. I am having a great time having both of us contributing to this thread and hopefully soon we can get our third mystery man in here is well. All your dedication is really showing in how happy the girls are and the great progress we have been making with all the new set up.
Here are some pics of that Green House from last year. The plants out of here usually average around three pounds each. I have had some hit the roof before so we will usually pinch early on if we have something that is getting too stretchy. Hopefully these Rez strains will prove themselves worthy and be worth giving them the happy home. I think they will.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

P

planty

The DOG x SSH/Sour D will be a huge winner..Kush, Diesel, Haze all in 1..

H

humboldtlocal

I could see that being a good one. We do have some males of the SSSDH. Finally got the Dogs in the ground but they are pretty shocked right now. They should be busting a move in the next couple days. Soon as we give em some whale and dinosaur juice.:)

P

planty

Right on bro..I am going to be getting my ass in to gear and get plugged in so I can come siphon off all your dinosaur juice..

Cpt. Nefarious

Finally got registered, been so damn busy the last thing i want to do is look at pix of weed< but this is glorious HL. Great to see everything from the start, those pix back in march were so cute i think my dry eyes may have moistened a bit. And no, couldn't go with mighty midget bro, Captain nefarious is my alter ego.
Those last shots you posted were sooo nice, especially after looking at march photos of empty trenches. My back kind of hurts just talking about it..cheers

H

humboldtlocal

I'll hook you up. This stuff is like steroids for herb. We'll post up some more of the ingredients soon. It is nuts. I'll give you a couple more. Goose, pheasant and llama manure.

H

humboldtlocal

Yaaaayyyy!! You made it. Introducing Captain Nefarious. The grower formerly know as the mighty midget.:) You have to tell that story when you get a chance. Well welcome bro. We are happy to have you and stoked that you can now contribute. You should do a post in the introduction forum and let folks know you are on the scene. Once again let me just say that you are killing it and I am so happy to have you on the farm. I sleep soundly at night knowing you and Ganja D are taking care of our girls. I know the girls do too.:dance013::jump:
The three amigos are finally together.

G

Ganja D

What's up Cpt. Nefarious? Glad you joined the club.:)
Looking great over there bro,get ready to become addicted to ICMag a growers dream come true.

H

humboldtlocal

Play nice and you can be on the team too.:) We need sombreros to go with the jerseys though. Stick with the amigos theme.

P

planty

Aww shit..How about ponchos with a big leaf on em and sombreros made out of stalks???