What's new

HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

K

Karma Genetics

This is without a thought the best thread to start the day, Gives so much power to go and do our thing.

Lovley lovley.

Would any of your stuff grow in northern europe ore otherwise spain ?

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Between the hoops and the SmartPots, you're gonna set a new standard for yourself this year. I'm blown away at the visible growth since last update.....

Yee-Haw Baby!

H

humboldtlocal

Lots more to share:ying:
These are some 200 gallon smart pots that I put two OG clones in. Maybe it is not fair to doubt our friend the OG but I just wanted to make sure that all of this soil and space is used up. I hope she shows us that she could have handled it all on her own. There are only 14 pots that we are doing this in.
picture.php

Another OG kicking it into high gear.
picture.php

The MR Nice is really going for it.:jump:
picture.php

picture.php

These are some more plants that I felt are really starting to stand out. Other than the early season bird attack these have not been pinched or topped at all.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is a GH of mine that I do a sort of Scrog in. These plants are first tied down with green tape and then deer fencing is layed on top of them. They are then spread out until they are touching. Once they get about five feet tall a second layer of fencing is added to hold them in place.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These are pics from last year showing what these little babies will turn into.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's it for now. I hope everyone is enjoying this as much as I am.:thank you:

G

Ganja D

Pics from today.
Ganja D's three favorite things in the world. His girl, his dog, and butterflies.:) He has some interesting history that hopefully he will share with the community.
picture.php

These girls are just growing like crazy in these hoops.:)
Haha. Ok about the butterfly thing, I don't mention it much because I've been made fun of my whole life by my brother and friends growing up. Before I was Ganja D I was butterfly D,and I hate that name. When I was 6 I became fascinated in lepidoptera(the study of butterflies and moths.)
I studied and learned everything possible about the subject. I used breed local species and grow their larva's host plants to try to increase populations that were suffering from loss of habitat due to over developed human building. I was a manager of a butterfly exhibit of a major zoo at age 16.
I kind of shifted to cannabis as a teenager and have become even more passionate and driven about growing and breeding herb.
The picture HL posted is actually a moth not a butterfly. A cecropia or Hyalophora Cecropia is it scientific Latin name. From the Saturniidae(giant silk moths family). Their caterpillars probably love this California oak. So that the story.

Last edited:
H

humboldtlocal

This is without a thought the best thread to start the day, Gives so much power to go and do our thing.

Lovley lovley.

Would any of your stuff grow in northern europe ore otherwise spain ?

I am sure they would. Doesn't everything grow well in Spain?:wave:
Thanks again for your kind words.

THC123

Veteran
Nice , and what beautiful surroundings , humboldt seems like a nice place full of nature

How do you cope with mold in your tunnels?

nomaad

Veteran
I lived in Barcelona/Tarragona for years. Just about everything we grow here in NorCal would do well there.

My plan is to be living in Catalunya again by the time my kids are high school age.

H

humboldtlocal

These would mold like crazy if we left the plastic on all season. More likely is the plants would be so attacked by mites and fried by the heat they would get really wrecked. This plastic will only be on for another month or so. We will leave it on until the weather gets nice and warm and it is too hot in the hoops to leave it on.

McDank805

HL does any of your meds ever make it down to the central coast? i wouldnt mind picking up some of your outdoor in the clubs around here :D

P

planty

You're looking nuts too bro...I just didn't get the mini greenies together for this year, I was just too spread out doing every thing else, but next year...

S

Sir Smokesalot

That is a very nice spread you have humboltlocal, every growers dream. When I have the land to start my growing project, I hope your still here at icmag so I can imitate your style and call it my own :)

Do you find it difficult to let go of all that herb every year? If I had that much I'm not sure I could get rid of it, I'd put it all in stackable totes and build a castle out of pot. Maybe put in a compost tea moat and a couple of siege tanks full of boiling canna oil at the drawbridge. I could hold up in there for months, I'd need an assload of lighters though.

I'm not able to do an outdoor grow this year so I hope you don't mind if I live the season vicariously through your thread here, as I dream of better days.

Thanks for sharing what you do.
smokesalot a.k.a. headfortrinity

H

humboldtlocal

HL does any of your meds ever make it down to the central coast? i wouldnt mind picking up some of your outdoor in the clubs around here :D

Thanks for stopping in McDank. All my meds are for the patients of Fruitridge Health and Wellness Collective. http://www.fhwcc.org/

You're looking nuts too bro...I just didn't get the mini greenies together for this year, I was just too spread out doing every thing else, but next year...

Oh I think you are going to do just fine brother.:) For your first real big shot at outdoor you are doing everything right. I am very proud of you. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

That is a very nice spread you have humboltlocal, every growers dream. When I have the land to start my growing project, I hope your still here at icmag so I can imitate your style and call it my own :)

Do you find it difficult to let go of all that herb every year? If I had that much I'm not sure I could get rid of it, I'd put it all in stackable totes and build a castle out of pot. Maybe put in a compost tea moat and a couple of siege tanks full of boiling canna oil at the drawbridge. I could hold up in there for months, I'd need an assload of lighters though.

I'm not able to do an outdoor grow this year so I hope you don't mind if I live the season vicariously through your thread here, as I dream of better days.

Thanks for sharing what you do.
smokesalot a.k.a. headfortrinity

Ganja castle? I like that.:) I wouldn't need a lighter I would just use a dragon to light it all.:) Thanks for checking us out bro. I know you from the other site right? It is not hard to let it all go. It was grown for people who need it a lot more than I. I love the growing, the breeding, and putting these projects together. That is the fun part for me. :blowbubbles:

P

planty

Thanks bro. I owe a lot of what happened this year to our early Spring planning sessions...Really set up for a pull out all the stops mentality for 2010...

I am very proud of you too. Seeing all those hours we spent planning this season out materialize in to successfully applied efforts...Man I'm proud of both of us...We soooo deserve a Hawaiian Christmas!!

Do you think we could get Ganja D and Mrs Ganja D to take care of my moms too? LOL

Also did you still want me to come through for you with a 30th strain?

McDank805

damn might have to make a trip up to sac town next year!! well see how things go in november

keep on doing what your doing its looking great

H

humboldtlocal

Did those Goat's bounce back? I was very impressed with the bud you showed me of that. The smell was amazing. Reminded me of old school Train Wreck, Hawaiian Sativa, and also some Jamaican sativa I smoked with the rastas in Jamdown back in the day. I would take one of those if they are looking better. We also don't have any Bubba in the yard? The Dogs are looking like small round fruit trees.:thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts