What's new

how would bruce lee fare in UFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
If Bruce Lee were in his prime and living today, I have no doubt that he would have adapted his style of fighting to strike fear into MMA fighters....

He had discipline like no other :joint:

hunt4genetics

Veteran
This is a tough question. It's like saying how would Mike Tyson fare in the UFC. I think Bruce would fare well. I am not aware of Lee's ground skills. Bruce's striking skills are world class! He would have to dominate in the ground game.

peace.

ddrew

Veteran
I don't give a fuck if God came down from the sky and said that, it's still a totally silly, ignorant and exaggerated statement. And I don't watch TV:noway:

Ok, so Kis, enlighten us, what do you base your viewpoint on?
So far you've just attacked my statements, what first hand expierence or insight do you have to dispute what I said?

ddrew

Veteran
This is a tough question. It's like saying how would Mike Tyson fare in the UFC. I think Bruce would fare well. I am not aware of Lee's ground skills. Bruce's striking skills are world class! He would have to dominate in the ground game.

peace.

That's not tough, Mike tyson would fare the same as Tank Abbott, deadly striker, horseshit off his feet, Mike T would get choked out in 20 seconds by the first person that took him down, and until trained to do so, he would be almost defenseless to various shoots, so it would not be hard for an experienced grappler or BJJ guy to take him down fast.

ddrew

Veteran
The dream fight I want to see is Ali in his prime against Tyson in his prime, I don't know, I think Ali, but maybe Tyson might catch him and knock him out.
Movie MA guys
Bruce beats the shit out of the following
Chuck Norris
Van Damme
Steven Segal(I think my mom could beat him)
Jackie Chan
And maybe Jet Lee, not so sure.
Oh and just about anyone would have beat his Kid(brandon)s ass

KISE1

Ok, so Kis, enlighten us, what do you base your viewpoint on?
So far you've just attacked my statements, what first hand expierence or insight do you have to dispute what I said?
I won't get too much into it, it'll just look like I'm hyping myself up on the net, but I've been into Martial Arts since I was very young. For my 13th birthday, while other kids were having cake and ice cream, I was having a Martial Arts competition in my backyard, hand to hand and weapons. My grandfather trained in the East, my best childhood friends' step dad trained in the East
and a good friend of mine now has an uncle who's a merchant marine that trained in the East. There's techniques being taught in Asia that are still very rare or non-existent in the West.
I see things different. MMA/UFC fighters are tough because they're jock athletes. They have great stamina and strength and work out a lot, but as far as technique goes they're sloppy floppy sluggers. It's not about technique though, it's about mindless entertainment. A superior style like Wing Chun isn't very entertaining to the masses, so you won't see it in the mainstream.
You have to fight within your weight class, so find a UFC/MMA fighter who weighs a buck thirty, invent a time machine and send him back to Bruce and watch him get killed. I don't think Bruce Lee is a God or anything, in fact within the Wing Chun world, there were plenty who could beat him, but as far as a modern MMA/UFC guy goes, none of those guys can generate the power that Bruce could for his weight. Just watch his training videos, he could kick a heavy punching bag and make it damn near hit the ceiling.

osirica420

The dream fight I want to see is Ali in his prime against Tyson in his prime, I don't know, I think Ali, but maybe Tyson might catch him and knock him out.
Movie MA guys
Bruce beats the shit out of the following
Chuck Norris
Van Damme
Steven Segal(I think my mom could beat him)
Jackie Chan
And maybe Jet Lee, not so sure.
Oh and just about anyone would have beat his Kid(brandon)s ass

dude quit talkin out your ass your making a damn fool of yourself..
Bruce was up to 160lbs but could easily bench twice his weight in his prime and only lost weight due to some type of disease he got, some people think its a conspiracy.. do the reading

Anyone in his weight class would of been destoryed...
He is a good actor but even better martial artist..
They actaully had to slow down the camera to capture his kicks and punches...

People don't understand the severity of the training this guy went thru..
He is being HIGHLY UNDERESTIMATED in this thread...:dueling:

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Sorry I had to...it was too funny not to post :)

Attachments

• ufc.jpg
    ufc.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 12

ddrew

Veteran
dude quit talkin out your ass your making a damn fool of yourself..
Bruce was up to 160lbs but could easily bench twice his weight that in his prime and only lost weight due to some type of disease he got, some people think its a conspiracy.. do the reading

Anyone in his weight class would of been destoryed...
He is a good actor but even better martial artist..

People don't understand the severity of the training this guy went thru..
He is being HIGHLY UNDERESTIMATED in this thread...:dueling:

You were friends with him Bro? Hung out, trained together? Your repeating stuff you've read, nothing more, buying into the legend, you are the one who is talking out of his ass.

ddrew

Veteran
Kis I already said that about weight class, and even named a person from that class to put in the time machine Uriah Fabar.
Kis I never knew Bruce, maybe he would beat Uriah, maybe not.

If Bruce Lee were alive today and in his prime, he could easily kill ANY UFC fighter. I don't like to talk personal but I have a lot of knowledge in the martial arts. There are ways to kill people with nothing more than your pinky finger in mere seconds. Bruce Lee any day.

I also miss his son, Brandon Lee who died while filming a flashback scene in the movie "The Crow". RIP to both. True artists.

E

easyrasta

You guys are nuts to compare fedor to bruce lee is an insult and show ignorance.
Fedor is not even the best mma or ufc fighter.
and ufc is a joke compared to the ufc 1-10
Have a nice day
Ez

ddrew

Veteran
LMAO, I just saw this part, Never Osirica, and I mean never, did Bruce bench over 320lbs, twice his bodyweight at 160 my ass, lol.

swishaman

You guys are not going to want to hear this, but Bruce Lee would get his ass handed to him in the UFC.
MMA/UFC has done more to advance martial arts and grappling in the last 15 years then was done in the 800 years before it, finally there was a chance to bring all the different styles together, and find out once and for all what works and what doesn't, you don't have to argue with me, do a little research, from the start of MMA fighting till now, all styles were present at the start, and real fast it boiled down to a very few that were dominate, wrestling, jujitsu, and good old fashioned heavy hands and decent striking skills, all the chuck and Bruce wannabe's and followers got the shit kicked out of them in the first couple years of MMA and you don't see them anymore, just do some research, you will see.

You really don't know anything.

UFC was not started as MMA, the UFC was started to find the best Martial Arts or fighting system. Bruce Lee is the definition of MMA.

He could stomp most, if not all UFC fighters. Any size.

W

Weedman Herb

Remember Bruce Died in his prime ... and he basically said that if you teach an accomplished ground fighter striking for 6 months to a year he will be able to stuff and overcome the best of traditional strikers (does Anderson Silva ring a bell ... Muy Thai and JiuJitsu) ... I'm down with Bruce Lee fathering the concept of MMA and I'm betting Bruce himself would be annoyed at the need y'all have to compare him to todays MMA fighters ... as we all know ... the potency may be hidden in the old gems but in hybrids it Shows ... and if you could just jump in the Octagon and just kill a MFer I WOULD HOLD ALL THE BELTS ... Don't touch me, or I'll touch you back!

ddrew

Veteran
Okay VV, I don't want to get you and your Pinky of death riled up, LMAO!
Kill people with just your pinky, go watch some more ninja movies.
And where are all these people with these secert MA skills that you and them have? Why do they not come out and show themselves? Why? They do not exist, that's why, give me some time to pull up and post a couple tapes to support my points

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
If Bruce Lee were alive today and in his prime, he could easily kill ANY UFC fighter. I don't like to talk personal but I have a lot of knowledge in the martial arts. There are ways to kill people with nothing more than your pinky finger in mere seconds. Bruce Lee any day.

I also miss his son, Brandon Lee who died while filming a flashback scene in the movie "The Crow". RIP to both. True artists.

He was great and whether or not he could beat every lame ass sloppy fighter out there....he was a legend to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by66e990EWw

JoJoDancer

UFC is becoming a haven sport for has-been wrestlers. Who would other wise have no use for their skills except roping cattle. Once they institute a time limit for the ground fighting aspect it will become a better sport. Like say 30 seconds then up. I'm growing tired of watching to guys who are supposed to be fighters come out and take two swings at each other. Decide they don't have the stomach for pain or bloodshed, then proceed to see who can duck and grab and lay on top on each other the longest. I'll never pay-per-view $50 to watch two fighters who have a wrestling background take turns bending each others pinkie fingers back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts