What's new

How to roll a joint .....with an air gap so there's zero wastage

C

Chamba

How to roll a joint..with an air gap so there's zero wastage and no burnt lips

Roaches are disgusting and rolling joints without a rolled up piece of cardboard is dumb for lots of reasons...it's hotter on your lips, can get soggy and blocked, burns your fingers and lips and you can never finish the joint so there's always some wasted! dumb!..and nine times out of ten the joint looks about as attractive as a shriveled up, crooked finger

The best cardboard to use is the cardboard that rolling papers are contained in, name cards are good too if not too thick etc...just tear off or cut for example a inch x an inch and half of cardboard, roll it into the diameter of the joint. Sometimes I like to roll with a two inch long cardboard "filter" and use two papers or a long cigarette paper, other times with shorter, 3/4" long "filters".

Some roll their jays then force the cardboard "filter" in the end (which takes longer and is awkward), but it's more efficient to place the rolled up "filter" at one end of the open cigarette paper, add the grass and then roll the jay....this is the easiest way to form a perfect joint as the rolled up cylinder of cardboard acts a guide...once the jay is rolled, (and an air gap is formed - see below*) use scissors to snip of the an 1/8" off the cardboard end and cut off the pointy end of the jay, do it this way and your jays will look as perfect as packaged cigarettes. The point to keep in mind is to use a minimum of saliva, a uneven rolled jay with too much moisture smothered down one side can cause your jay can side burn..use a very dry tongue, it's surprising how little you need..

* air gaps ...Although many smokers now use cardboard filters..most still waste a little bit at the end of every joint as they are scared of hitting cardboard which does tastes like ass...so do this - after the jay is rolled, simply pull out the cardboard filter by an 1/8th or 1/4 of an inch to form an air gap inside the jay between the cardboard and the grass, cut off the cardboard overhang, then you will be able to smoke every single speck of grass in the jay without burning the cardboard filter...

air gap = cool lips & zero wastage.

I expect to get a Nobel prize nomination for this air gap idea...lol

Last edited:

Ickis

Veteran
After you roll them do you store them in your purse Sally? LOL!!! Man up and roll a proper joint packed with weed end to end.

If I smoke jays, I prepare them with active carbon filter. Works for me. No burnt lips and smoke is smooth. Also I mix my bud with tobacco, I left some plain tobacco in the filter end, so it tastes just tobacco when it is over. You can use filter 2-3 times with this procedure. :tiphat:

C

Chamba

Man up and roll a proper joint packed with weed end to end.

lol, you must love burnt lips and wasting bud. (lisps Chamba with the weak wrists)

shit why didnt i think of that! good idea Chamba![/B

don't clap your hand, throw bud

I prepare them with active carbon filter.

regular cigarette filters as well as carbon filters prevent all of the THC from getting into your lungs

Also I mix my bud with tobacco, I left some plain tobacco in the filter end

why use tobaccy, it doesn't get you high...and gives you cancer...there aren't any positives with tobacco, only negatives, I know as I smoked tobacco and bud joints for decades and did the same you with plain tobaccy near the filter. If you are going to add tobacco with your joints use rolling tobacco as it has less additives than the crap in regular ciggies and as well it's produced to be smoked without filters.

tomfooler

I roll mine with trim between bud and card filter.....
if I leave an air gap it crumples when I inhale.

ruthless

Or you can just not put any weed at the roach end so its only abit of tobacco your wasting. Fuck tobacco its a tool of the devil.

I prefer bongs personally

C

Chamba

I roll mine with trim between bud and card filter.....
if I leave an air gap it crumples when I inhale.

that works too....but instead of rolling your J with an air gap, roll it without then pull the filter out slightly to create a gap, try just an 1/8" (3 or 4 mm) gap, that's enough it won't crumple (or should I say, it doesn't for me).

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
i dont agree that there are no positive vibes on tobacco. remember, it's been used as a teacher plant among indigenous people for centuries.

but western chemical layered corporation tobacco, well there def ain't no good vibes there.

i personally don't smoke cigarettes or tobacco but do mix some (maybe 1/5) of natural additive free tobacco to my bud. i like the little added nicotine here and there. never felt addicted by it.

but yeah, cardboard filther and a little amount of tobacco next to it guarentees no wasted bud!

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
This is a puzzling thread to me. What the hell is a cardboard filter?

I know how much of my weed it takes to get the buzz i want. I twist up the pinner it takes to get me there, smoke it down to about 1/2" and then pitch the rest. It would take a 100 of them to ever get a whole joint, what is it that youre trying to save?

Been smoking them this way for years, love the fact you don't get burned fingers, nothing wasted, and if you're sharing it gets far less gross. Nice work letting people in on trade secrets.

C

Chamba

This is a puzzling thread to me. What the hell is a cardboard filter?

ok, then, simply filter out the word "filter"....it's not a filter as such, it's simply eg a one inch long x one ~ one and half inches long piece of cardboard that is rolled up to the diameter of a joint and is rolled together with your bud. As the cardboard "filter" for want of a better word, reduces the space for your bud, simply roll your joint with the same amount of bud you would for a "pinner" so the joint ends up being a little thicker ...thicker jays smoker better and you aren't inhaling as much paper.

As for taking a hundred roaches to make a joint, the last inch of your joints must be mostly paper, which are not as nice to smoke out of (well, for me anyway).....anyway before you knock it, try it first, you might like

B

Blue

I use a small roll of rolling baccy in my joint.

If you don't want to burn your lips blow through the joint before you pull on it, no need for gaps or any thing else.

But I chuck the last bit away just like I used to do with fag's. There is never any weed in it any way....

C

Chamba

another way to roll the cardboard filter is to fold half the cardboard like an accordion, squeeze the 3 ~ 5 folds together, then roll the remainder of the cardboard around the accordion so instead of having a hollow "filter" you have several walls which prevent bits of bud getting sucked into your mouth, this is good for large sized, thick joints made with large size papers.......

this way is better if (with say, 3 folds) you fold the first and the last folds a little shorter than the middle fold so when the remainder of the cardboard is rolled around the folds it forms a perfectly round "filter".

Ramius

Veteran
and for the lazy people, Pre-rolled RAW cones FTW :D

picture001hm.jpg

C

Chamba

amazing Ramius, I've never seen those before (as I live about 10,000 miles from the nearest head shop) and from that end view you've shown, it's exactly how I do it.

Ramius

Veteran
amazing Ramius, I've never seen those before (as I live about 10,000 miles from the nearest head shop) and from that end view you've shown, it's exactly how I do it.

There's many brands for pre-colled cones and blunts, but I like RAW the best, as when buying papers :)

raw_cones_3.jpg

You can buy them online

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Maybe its just me..

i tried a cardboard "filter once" made zero difference.

i roll joints, never "burn my fingers" or "wet the end"

to each his own i guess.