What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to make charas?

goingrey

India and nepal is not the same

Yes but probably the way they rub the charas is quite similar. I found it fascinating to see it done. Though obviously doesn't answer the questions you had in the first post. I wonder if Clarke's Hashish! does. Would be interesting to know the answers. Even if hand rubbing is kinda gross. Another question I would like answered is how much of the weight is dead skin cells... :D

Hashislife

Yes the way to rub is similar in the two country, more, in India come Nepalese worker for rubbing 😉
What is Clark's hash? (In the traduction write clark, like clark kent)🤣
I don't know for skin cells, but is not z problem if you rub after wash your hands 😉 (exist cheese with worms, and beer with vagina's bactery for the smell🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 i think skin cells is not the worst after that 😝)

Last edited:

goingrey

Yes the way to rub is similar in the two country, more, in India come Nepalese worker for rubbing 😉
What is Clark's hash? (In the traduction write clark, like clark kent)🤣

Hashish! is a fantastic book by Robert Connell Clarke.

Unfortunately it seems to be out of print and used copies are starting at $150 for the first edition and $250 for the updated second edition. o_O

bibi40

Hi everyone,
Moliotiko not germinating, and kumaoni germinating correctly, I start on another project.
I'm going to do some charas.
I know the basic technique, I have already done a little bit, but never with the aim of dedicating part of my production to it.
and I have several questions to ask, as well as any tips would be welcome.
and why not make it a real tutorial.

- can we reuse the remaining material to make hash (dry sift or ice)?
obviously , you can't handrub the inside but the ice can ....
- how long do you take to make 10g? some tell me 2 hours others say the day.

good smoke to all friends 😁
dependind of the quality and Quantity you have ( infinite ? ) .... with nepalese landraces , too much i guess ...

i love my scissors and finger hash , another taste , fresh and powerfull....
but sure i prefer a goode ice-o well cured , with no impurety

;)

Hashislife

obviously , you can't handrub the inside but the ice can ....

dependind of the quality and Quantity you have ( infinite ? ) .... with nepalese landraces , too much i guess ...

i love my scissors and finger hash , another taste , fresh and powerfull....
but sure i prefer a goode ice-o well cured , with no impurety

;)
I want a medium/good quality not a cream i have just 10 plant of kumaoni. And if its possible, reuse the rubbed weed for making dry hash or fresh frozen.
charas...

Nice video, nikara marley have z good channel 😉

Hashislife

Hi friends,
sorry for not posting before, I was very busy, plus there was an ecological disaster, which killed almost all my plants (not just the cannabis).
in 5 days, we went from 18°C to 0°C then 30°C, which means that the hybrids are almost all dead, apart from 6 survivors, 3 super skunk, 1 Himalayan Gold, 2 killer kush.
on the other hand it is incredible, the Landrace, did not have the same problems, the 2 afgan mixes of rsc are intact, 5 kumaoni out of 9 too, 2 kumaoni a little affected but little damage, and 2 kumaoni much more affected who have great difficulty in recovering, but who continue their development slowly (wait and see).

IMG_20220522_192208.jpg
IMG_20220522_192213.jpg

The kumaoni's

therevverend

Veteran
I have the answers you seek.

Question 1: 5-10% seems reasonable. Even with the best sieving methods you're not going to get more then 50% because half the THC is in the plant material.

Question 2: It takes experience. You'll notice the resin glands will no longer glisten. The stigmas and small leaves and bracts may look slightly bruised or brown. You don't want to leave visible damage. Once or twice down each branch is enough, if you're going down the same branch over and over you will damage the plant.

Question 3: Yes, you can harvest the plant later and sieve the remaining resin. It will be of lower quality because you will likely have removed all the biggest best resin glands already.

Question 4: Depends on quality and experience. If you go fast, don't care about quality, and have experience you can collect 10 grams in a couple hours. But if you go for the highest quality, take your time, and get only the most mature glands collecting 10 grams can take all day. A lot depends on experience, the more you practice the better you'll be at it. I'll be honest, your first try wasn't impressive. Too much plant matter, probably pressing too hard. You want a light touch. After you get a coating of resin on your hands after the first few branches it comes off much easier.

dirty-joe

- my first question, what is the average return? around 5/10%?

- can we reuse the remaining material to make hash (dry sift or ice)?
I'd say 5-10% maybe "if" you are talking about very thin sativa buds, with indicas fat buds so much will be left "inside" the buds.

Reuse the material, well yes as mentioned there will be lots of resin left inside the buds that you'll be able to get after they are dried, frozen, and broken up. But the ones left on the outside will be broken, and smeared, and thus not collectible as hash, but you could also then reprocess the material after dry sifting using a rosin press, or oil extraction.

Most of my harvest from last year was turned into hash, a little over 70 grams. The goal this year is 100 grams. And I agree with @bibi40 the best hash is ice water hash, between 73, and 160 micron. I love dry sift too, and I don't have to smoke all that vegetable.

here's a group shot of my last years' hash (most of it)
IMG_3200.JPG

Hashislife

I have the answers you seek.

Question 1: 5-10% seems reasonable. Even with the best sieving methods you're not going to get more then 50% because half the THC is in the plant material.

Question 2: It takes experience. You'll notice the resin glands will no longer glisten. The stigmas and small leaves and bracts may look slightly bruised or brown. You don't want to leave visible damage. Once or twice down each branch is enough, if you're going down the same branch over and over you will damage the plant.

Question 3: Yes, you can harvest the plant later and sieve the remaining resin. It will be of lower quality because you will likely have removed all the biggest best resin glands already.

Question 4: Depends on quality and experience. If you go fast, don't care about quality, and have experience you can collect 10 grams in a couple hours. But if you go for the highest quality, take your time, and get only the most mature glands collecting 10 grams can take all day. A lot depends on experience, the more you practice the better you'll be at it. I'll be honest, your first try wasn't impressive. Too much plant matter, probably pressing too hard. You want a light touch. After you get a coating of resin on your hands after the first few branches it comes off much easier.
Hello, thank you very much for your answers.
I agree, the dry sieve is really more productive, I get up to 10 qualities which all together make between 40% and 60% yield depending on the variety used (even if the real yield in pure resin is rather 10-20% in my case. I use a pollinator 100mic. sometimes ice o lator 180-120-75mic, but I like less, I prefer dry sift or rubbed for taste.)
I'm looking to make a decent charas, not cream, but not shit. the one you see in the photo was made with very little grass, around 4 gr, which explains the high level of impurities.😉
I'd say 5-10% maybe "if" you are talking about very thin sativa buds, with indicas fat buds so much will be left "inside" the buds.

Reuse the material, well yes as mentioned there will be lots of resin left inside the buds that you'll be able to get after they are dried, frozen, and broken up. But the ones left on the outside will be broken, and smeared, and thus not collectible as hash, but you could also then reprocess the material after dry sifting using a rosin press, or oil extraction.

Most of my harvest from last year was turned into hash, a little over 70 grams. The goal this year is 100 grams. And I agree with @bibi40 the best hash is ice water hash, between 73, and 160 micron. I love dry sift too, and I don't have to smoke all that vegetable.

here's a group shot of my last years' hash (most of it)
View attachment 18714094
For the charas, i go to use sativa Himalayan landrace, the rsc kumaoni.
The picture is beautiful. In present i go to show you my best hash harvest 😉
20170429_000331.jpg

therevverend

Veteran
I used 150 micron tumbler then I screened it through a 150 micron lab screen, then over a 45 micron screen to remove the small particles. The trick is to screen it multiple times and to remove the small dust and plant matter.

Hashislife

I used 150 micron tumbler then I screened it through a 150 micron lab screen, then over a 45 micron screen to remove the small particles. The trick is to screen it multiple times and to remove the small dust and plantmatter.
I understand, it's the better, I have studiying how to make 99,9% purity in YouTube with this video . If i don't practice for the moment its for laws limitations, its authorized grow little quantity, and I don't want buy in black market, i make my hash with the leaf and little buds. But produce suffisant hash for one year it's my dream.

Latest posts

Latest posts