What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to make charas?

Hashislife

Hi everyone,
Moliotiko not germinating, and kumaoni germinating correctly, I start on another project.
I'm going to do some charas.
I know the basic technique, I have already done a little bit, but never with the aim of dedicating part of my production to it.
and I have several questions to ask, as well as any tips would be welcome.
and why not make it a real tutorial.
- my first question, what is the average return? around 5/10%?
- how do you realize that there is no more resin to extract?
- can we reuse the remaining material to make hash (dry sift or ice)?
- how long do you take to make 10g? some tell me 2 hours others say the day.

good smoke to all friends 😁

Petrochemical

You know what might be a good idea is maybe roll a joint with some regular herbs that you're used to and rub some rub the joint on the trichomes of the flowers that you're going to make charas with so you can get a better idea of the potency

Last edited:

DcSantos

Hi everyone,
Moliotiko not germinating, and kumaoni germinating correctly, I start on another project.
I'm going to do some charas.
I know the basic technique, I have already done a little bit, but never with the aim of dedicating part of my production to it.
and I have several questions to ask, as well as any tips would be welcome.
and why not make it a real tutorial.
- my first question, what is the average return? around 5/10%?
- how do you realize that there is no more resin to extract?
- can we reuse the remaining material to make hash (dry sift or ice)?
- how long do you take to make 10g? some tell me 2 hours others say the day.

good smoke to all friends 😁

I've watched a video once on yt and I think they were in Nepal. By how it looked in the video it takes quite a lot of time to get a small ball ;probably to get 10g will take you probably all day . They used to rub plants all morning and only about afternoon they were starting takin the resin off their hands. Quite a job to be fair.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So many variables but to get a few gram from plant to fingers to spliff with a very resinous variety then 5-8 hours plus removing it from fingers then rolling into a ball or “ sausage “ spliff then add a bit more time on,,,
worth it though,,,,,

Hashislife

You know what might be a good idea is maybe roll a joint with some regular herbs that you're used to and rub some rub the joint on the trichomes of the flowers that you're going to make charas with so you can get a better idea of the potency
the power matters to me moderately, I rather look for a type of effect, and a taste. not having a field, all the kumaoni will be grouped into a single charas.
I've watched a video once on yt and I think they were in Nepal. By how it looked in the video it takes quite a lot of time to get a small ball ;probably to get 10g will take you probably all day . They used to rub plants all morning and only about afternoon they were starting takin the resin off their hands. Quite a job to be fair.
the best things are done in patience 😁 thank you for this good precision.
I agree. If the Nepalese had had bubble bags they probably wouldn't have wasted the morning rubbing plants.
But it's not the same i flavour and effect. I think some Nepalese use bubble bag, I have read in IC a Nepalese selling bubble for 30$ gram in Kathmandu.
So many variables but to get a few gram from plant to fingers to spliff with a very resinous variety then 5-8 hours plus removing it from fingers then rolling into a ball or “ sausage “ spliff then add a bit more time on,,,
worth it though,,,,,
A good job for a good result 🙈
Do you know if i can reuse the weed after rubbing for making hash?

Hashislife

Yep.. but that bit of scissors hash you get when trimming is similar and delicious!
For me it's the best 🙈 one year s friend give me two tola of distinct district after a trip, was one of the best smoke of my life.
I'm thinking how to mechanized the process (i know its not the same, but I'm not sangokush 🤣🤣🤣🤣)
I'm thinking of two plates covered with leather, pressing very lightly while rubbing, thanks to a small motor (or while pedaling a bicycle xD)
What do you think?

Hashislife

Hey, i go to show you my first and only charas i have made, was in 2016 i think. I remember a large mid hour for making it😉

Attachments

• 20160911_014530.jpg
    20160911_014530.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 20160911_014445.jpg
    20160911_014445.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 114

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep.. but that bit of scissors hash you get when trimming is similar and delicious!
Oh yeah,,,
so much easier removing from scissors and for me is exactly the same as the charas from fingers,,,,
wish I would have taken a pic of a recent two gram ball of charas but damn it’s moorish,,,

Hashislife

Oh yeah,,,
so much easier removing from scissors and for me is exactly the same as the charas from fingers,,,,
wish I would have taken a pic of a recent two gram ball of charas but damn it’s moorish,,,
I agree, its the same with scissors, just its more time for making it.
Im seeing Jamaican making charas, it's saying they make 200gr of charas per person a good day 🤯

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
A spliff of Jamaican charas . . . that was my wake & bake every morning for a week on a trip to Negril many, many years ago. :rasta:

Edit: Although they called it gum.

Last edited:

Hashislife

A spliff of Jamaican charas . . . that was my wake & bake every morning for a week on a trip to Negril many, many years ago. :rasta:

Edit: Although they called it gum.
Uuuuf i dream of it, you're so lucky for having smoking Jamaican Charas. How it is the taste and effect? Like indian charas Or very different?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
We started the day with it. A warm and sunny high to match the sunshine on the beach. I remember that we didn't start ganja joints until the bar opened at 11 am. We had a schedule of sorts . . . :rasta: I was high the entire week, morning until bed. But I also remember it didn't taste that good - but we were spliffing it with tobacco.

goingrey

I think some Nepalese use bubble bag, I have read in IC a Nepalese selling bubble for 30$ gram in Kathmandu.

For sure they do. I think the "Bubble Bag" brand bags I used to have were actually even made in Nepal!

Anyway here is an interesting video shot in Malana. It shows some hand rubbing, at 4:20 no less:

Hashislife

For sure they do. I think the "Bubble Bag" brand bags I used to have were actually even made in Nepal!

Anyway here is an interesting video shot in Malana. It shows some hand rubbing, at 4:20 no less:

India and nepal is not the same, im speaking with Nepalese smokers in a youtube charas channel, they said for the moment, don't have the same genetic contamination. Make so much dry sift, in India that's not very habitual.
I know in Nepal make bubble but I'm sure it's something for apasionated smoker only (just a theory 😉)
Well, that vid didn't make Malana very appealing . . . I guess I will scratch it off my India itinerary now. :cool:
Me too, the Parvati it's not like before, i see the kumaon valley better 😉

Latest posts

Latest posts