What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to make charas?

Hashislife

Those blue exam gloves in the pharmacy section will do.
Hey, thank you so much, i go to test it in October.
I was given a 5 gr or so ball of charas in St Lucia a few years back,,,
Dreads didn’t like it and passed it over when I went to collect some herb,,,
Wasn’t there “ cup of tea” apparently,,,,,
You're the second saying the Jamaican charas isn't good, its for the local strain?

Reactions: xet

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey, thank you so much, i go to test it in October.

You're the second saying the Jamaican charas isn't good, its for the local strain?
No Hashlife,,
I was in St Lucia this time but the herb much better when I was in JA
charas I had was great but the herb in St Lucia wasn’t too clever,,,
Dreads didn’t like the charas cos in there words “ it just make I rest up and tired”,,
charas was a lovely spiced flavour and a heavy stone but no good for the dreads when they wanted to play football on the beach lol,,,
Ticked all the boxes for me though,,,,s2

Last edited:

Hashislife

No Hashlife,,
I was in St Lucia this time but the herb much better when I was in JA
charas I had was great but the herb in St Lucia wasn’t too clever,,,
Dreads didn’t like the charas cos in there words “ it just make I rest up and tired”,,
charas was a lovely spiced flavour and a heavy stone but no good for the dreads when they wanted to play football on the beach lol,,,
Ticked all the boxes for me though,,,,s2
I want it, your description of the jam charas, look incredible 🙈

Hashislife

Hi, someone told me about an apparently Persian method to make charas, faster and less tiring.
apparently they took large cloth sheets, wrapped the fresh crop in them, then walked on them for the better grades, then used a horse for the lower grades, then scraped the sheet.
Has anyone ever heard of it, or even done it? if so what do you recommend?

moose eater

A family member just helped to manually pulverize close to 10 oz. of flowers for making THC-A extract, consisting of a combination of my Satori #2, Satori #5, White Lotus #4, and Goji OG #8. At the end of the processing, their fingers and hands were fairly thoroughly coated with resin, so instead of scraping it off into the processed flowers to be added to the mix for the ethanol extraction, I asked them to rub their hands together until the resin was caked into smaller fingers, after which I gathered the results of their 'rubbings' and made what is about a half gram ball of really awesome looking charas.

Not quite black, like the Nepali Temple Balls of old, but a -dark- gray with hints of deep green if examined closely enough, close in color to some of the Kashmiri hash I remember from years ago.

Thanks for the information. We're off to smoke some charas. I -really- appreciate the old-school black rubbed hash form that region, and now it can get incorporated to every processingof every batch we use to make my extract medicine. A bonus, following a relatively mundane chore.

Last edited:

goingrey

A family member just helped to manually pulverize close to 10 oz. of flowers for making THC-A extract, consisting of a combination of my Satori #2, Satori #5, White Lotus #4, and Goji OG #8. At the end of the processing, their fingers and hands were fairly thoroughly coated with resin, so instead of scraping it off into the processed flowers to be added to the mix for the ethanol extraction, I asked them to rub their hands together until the resin was caked into smaller fingers, after which I gathered the resaults of their 'rubbings' and made what is about a half gram ball of really awesome looking charas.

Not quite black, like the Nepali Temple Balls of old, but a -dark- gray with hints of deep green if examined closely enough, close in color to some of the Kashmiri hash I remember from years ago.

Thanks for the information. We're off to smoke some charas. I -really- appreciate the old-school black rubbed hash form that region, and now it can get incorporated to every processingof every batch we use to make my extract medicine. A bonus, following a relatively mundane chore.

Only half a gram from crumbling up 10 ounces? I think I got more from about 20 grams when I made some lotion (topical medicine) last week.

moose eater

Only half a gram from crumbling up 10 ounces? I think I got more from about 20 grams when I made some lotion (topical medicine) last week.
They used kitchen scissors for the first bit, and throughout the process had been cleaning her hands into the tub of pulverized flowers. It was at the final clean-up that they made the concerted effort to gather the rubbings for charas on the table surface, rather than returning them to the tub's contents.

Hashislife

A family member just helped to manually pulverize close to 10 oz. of flowers for making THC-A extract, consisting of a combination of my Satori #2, Satori #5, White Lotus #4, and Goji OG #8. At the end of the processing, their fingers and hands were fairly thoroughly coated with resin, so instead of scraping it off into the processed flowers to be added to the mix for the ethanol extraction, I asked them to rub their hands together until the resin was caked into smaller fingers, after which I gathered the results of their 'rubbings' and made what is about a half gram ball of really awesome looking charas.

How it's the satori, every year i think of cultivate it?🙈

moose eater

How it's the satori, every year i think of cultivate it?🙈
She's a 'round' bushy Indica looking plant with some sativa effects. She's productive and easy to grow. Easy going overall. A 'happy, content plant,' so to speak..

I just opened up a couple more 1/4-lbs. of her to make the extract, and as a result of my eating about 300-350mg/day of THC-A extract, I barely notice any effects from smoking several puffs of even my best, so I asked my family member to give an appraisal of the Satori #5 re. flavor, potency, type of high, etc. Not that we haven't tested her before, but... Time in the freezer in slow sealed cure, etc., and things can change.

Trichome presence is very nice on that plant, too. And bud density, considering my lighting arrangements, was noteworthy as well, though still the basic Indica-looking structure.

My family member found my Satori #5 to be uncomfortably potent (not my assessment in the past, necessarily), smooth in flavor, heavy around the eyes, like a pinching of the backs of eyes, very stony, and my family member insisted after helping to break up the flowers for extraction (today or tomorrow) that they needed to lay down. Admittedly, it had been a fairly long day for them, and they had an injury that was tapping their energy a bit too.

Last edited:

Hashislife

She's a 'round' bushy Indica looking plant with some sativa effects. She's productive and easy to grow. Easy going overall. A 'happy, content plant,' so to speak..

I just opened up a couple more 1/4-lbs. of her to make the extract, and as a result of my eating about 300-350mg/day of THC-A extract, I barely notice any effects from smoking several puffs of even my best, so I asked my family member to give an appraisal of the Satori #5 re. flavor, potency, type of high, etc. Not that we haven't tested her before, but... Time in the freezer in slow sealed cure, etc., and things can change.

Trichome presence is very nice on that plant, too. And bud density, considering my lighting arrangements, was noteworthy as well, though still the basic Indica-looking structure.

My family member found my Satori #5 to be uncomfortably potent (not my assessment in the past, necessarily), smooth in flavor, heavy around the eyes, like a pinching of the backs of eyes, very stony, and my family member insisted after helping to break up the flowers for extraction (today or tomorrow) that they needed to lay down. Admittedly, it had been a fairly long day for them, and they had an injury that was tapping their energy a bit too.
Hmmm very interesting strain, i think making it next year 😉 how do you make thca extract? Can you active it in thc?

moose eater

Hmmm very interesting strain, i think making it next year 😉 how do you make thca extract? Can you active it in thc?
THC-A is simply non-decarboxylated THC extract. Lower heat during extraction, non-decarbed flowers in the mix.

Finding the right burner and accurate IR heat guns to guage temperatures, etc.

I had to turn mine off last night as it took too long and got too late, so I'll need to go quickly, as it's nearly at finishing stage, and the heat will shoot up if I don't address it promptly, I suspect.

I can write more about it later.

Edit: I was incorrect about time. It's just about down to a pint, coming down from over 3-liters last night at the outset.

One concern in making THC-A is to note that reduced temps don't necessarily prevent decarboxylation, as time is also a pertinent factor. So a high enough temperature to expedite evaporation, but maintaining a low enough temperature not to cause decarb.

Alcohol of nearly any variety is a coolant. So though the burner is set at one temp in Celsius, the liquid solution is another temperature altogether. Thus tracking it closely with the IR heat guns (I use 2 cheapo IR heat guns, as 2 makes up a bit for the less-than-scientific accuracy of the 1. Comparing the 2 likely comes closer to where I want to be temp-wise).

Anyway, this is a totally different conversation than the thread title, so I'll end it here.

But thanks for asking.

Last edited:

Hashislife

Today i go to show you a Nirakar Marley tutorial for making real Nepalese temple ball, look fine, but I don't understand why let the charas in sun, don't look normal for a Occidental smoker, but I'm sure have utility.

If you know why make that, a detailed explication can be good 😉
THC-A is simply non-decarboxylated THC extract. Lower heat during extraction, non-decarbed flowers in the mix.

Finding the right burner and accurate IR heat guns to guage temperatures, etc.

I had to turn mine off last night as it took too long and got too late, so I'll need to go quickly, as it's nearly at finishing stage, and the heat will shoot up if I don't address it promptly, I suspect.

I can write more about it later.

Edit: I was incorrect about time. It's just about down to a pint, coming down from over 3-liters last night at the outset.

One concern in making THC-A is to note that reduced temps don't necessarily prevent decarboxylation, as time is also a pertinent factor. So a high enough temperature to expedite evaporation, but maintaining a low enough temperature not to cause decarb.

Alcohol of nearly any variety is a coolant. So though the burner is set at one temp in Celsius, the liquid solution is another temperature altogether. Thus tracking it closely with the IR heat guns (I use 2 cheapo IR heat guns, as 2 makes up a bit for the less-than-scientific accuracy of the 1. Comparing the 2 likely comes closer to where I want to be temp-wise).

Anyway, this is a totally different conversation than the thread title, so I'll end it here.

But thanks for asking.
Thanks you, and sorry for not responding sooner, I wasn't see the message 😂
Well i go to study that, it's very interesting 🤩👏🏼🤩👏🏼

Latest posts

Latest posts