What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how to kill all your clones in 10 min or less; step 1, use aeocloner...

Xare

My trick to keep cuts from wilting is to take the cuttings at the start of the dark period.

Cutting causes stress so you put them in the cloner when its dark to halt transpiration.

By the time the light comes on they have stabilized.

M

Mr. Mountain

I hate to say it, but I have never had problems with aero cloners.

I also use power clone...

If you want, PM me and I'll run through everything I do with my Ez-cloners.

I have not had any problems in years using this method. I even run the pump 24/7 and place my cloners under a 1K halide!

Mr. M

jm420

Veteran
Why any small grower would put up that kind of cash is beyond me,I throw awy more clones than most can get to root KISS

I get 100% success in under 10 days on my DIY Aerocloner assembled per KingRalph's tutorial.

I also use a fish tank heater to keep the water at 75*F. I use Aquashield @ 1tsp/gal to keep the rot away, 1 drop per gallon of Superthrive, and PBP Soil Bloom to 100ppm.

My cuts would wilt under light that's too intense. Just use some fluoro's a few feet away and snip your fan leaves to discourage photosynthesis.

edit: Also, I use a timer 15min on 15 off

SKUNK420

The sticky should be titled "what works for me probaly wont work for you"

hahaha so true
Dyna-Gro K-L-N
Dip&Grow cloning liquid
tap or r/o water
5.6 or so pH , it always goes up on me. adj or change water if I feel like
all good 6+ years. Botanicare 42 site power cloner. Do you see the date code in the back ground of the second pic?
doesn't work good in hot air temps. recent heat wave killed a batch but not the rockwool cuts in the same room

Just like Krunchbubble said load it up 3 or 4 deep just don't let the collar crush the stem.

EDIT: oct 1st: I forogt to ask this one question. How many here have stored cuts in the refrig for up to 4 weeks and got them to root in normal times?

Attachments

• CLONE 1_renamed_2076.jpg
    CLONE 1_renamed_2076.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 5
  • CLONE 2_renamed_3298.jpg
    CLONE 2_renamed_3298.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 11
  • CLONE 3_renamed_31325.jpg
    CLONE 3_renamed_31325.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 10

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
Not true. A lot of people fail at aero-cloning because of their water supply, doesn't matter what they do unless they filter the water.

Isn't that like saying, they'd fail at growing unless they adjust their PH?

So back to my statement; what works for me will work for you; IF you follow the directions.

If my PPM is 120 at the tap; and yours is 120 at the tap; it will work. The point I was making is all things being equal, the rules apply to all. That's what directions are for, consistency. My water sucks, and guess what, I have to filter it for things to work, but they work, because I do what's shown to work. That's all my point was.

Not trying to go tit for tat here, but I stand by my statement.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran

No, its not that simple.

pH is only one component of water quality. The EC, pH, alkalinity, and what makes up the dissolved solids all have an impact on water quality.

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
No, its not that simple.

pH is only one component of water quality. The EC, pH, alkalinity, and what makes up the dissolved solids all have an impact on water quality.

Okay guy's I understand all this. My point is very simple. If you do EXACTLY what is proven to work by someone else it will work for everyone. I'm not busting balls here, but this is the reason we have this forum and books. To share information on what works, and to keep it consistent. Like a recipe.

If I can make good bread and you leave out the baking powder of course it won't work. But, if you follow the recipe, precisely it will work for everyone. That's why there are cookbooks.

That's really all I'm saying here. Nothing more nothing less.

Now yes, some things might be beyond a persons skill set with that I will agree. So if you give me the formula for cough syrup I still probably can't make it.

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
My point is simple too, what you say is 100% true, if you start mailing everyone your water.

No matter what method you use, you need to balance your water for the application, right?

I mean no one mailed me water, I had to buy a filter.

Now if I can't get the filter, I'd use a different method.

So yes, not every application for every person is going to be appropriate, I hear yah on that Shroom.

But don't you agree, that if you follow directions to the tee, to include water quality, that what works for me will work for the next guy? That's all I'm saying. I'm not trying to say that every application is right for every person. On the contrary. We all have different set ups, budgets, space, etc. I understand that.

I guess, I'm just coming across wrong for some reason, so I'm gonna bow out. I respect everyone's opinion, I was just trying to make a moot point I guess.

Idiom Definitions for 'Moot point'
If something's a moot point, there's some disagreement about it: a debatable point. In the U.S., this expression usually means that there is no point in debating something, because it just doesn't matter. An example: If you are arguing over whether to go the beach or to the park, but you find out the car won't start and you can't go anywhere, then the destination is said to be a moot point.

Japanfreakier

Veteran

So back to my statement; what works for me will work for you; IF you follow the directions.

If my PPM is 120 at the tap; and yours is 120 at the tap; it will work.

For some people it won't, just take a look around this forum and you will find plenty of people who follow the directions to a T and they can't get their aero-cloners to work. You can stand behind your statement but that doesn't change reality.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
No matter what method you use, you need to balance your water for the application, right?

Nope, I don't pH my water, I don't chill or heat my water. My aero-cloenr is so out of whack and so not according to your idea of the "directions" that it shouldn't work and yet I've been getting close to 100% for 8 years. Another person does everything to the T and can't get roots.

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
Another person does everything to the T and can't get roots.

Then it wasn't to the T. This ain't rocket science. Again, considering the strains are the same.

Its impossible to have the same conditions and factors not produce the same results.

That's like saying when I add 1+1=2 and you get 1+1=3

Obviously, you got to the end result by another means than simple addition, same thing applies here.

Otherwise these definitions would not be true.

control experiment
one made under standard conditions, to test the correctness of other observations.

controlled experiment
one in which an exact replica of the animals experimented on are kept without any treatment in order to show what changes occurred in normal animals, reinforcing the view that the observed changes in the experimental animals were in fact the result of the treatment administered.

Am I the only one here that understands directions, math and controlled environments?

What you're saying is impossible. All things being equal will produce the same results every time, period. Otherwise there was a variation that caused a different outcome.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
So you think people are idiots then I guess because let's face it, the directions are easy.

I know people aren't idiots. I know that it's not just about the directions.