What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how to kill all your clones in 10 min or less; step 1, use aeocloner...

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
thats wierd bro i never have them wilt just mush stems.... spray them with water bottle once?

Grendelkhan

I would agree with some of the others that they do sometimes go limp for 12 to 24 hrs when you first throw them into the cloner. If you have only waited 10 or 15 minutes then your not waiting long enough. Honestly I think if you would have put them into the cloner and let them be until the next day you would have found that they where just fine. The most important thing with the aero cloners is water temps. They need to be cool and not hot or bathwater warm either. I am willing to bet that if you use the exact same cloner again and just put the clones in and come back the following day that it will all work out for you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Aero cloners never worked 100 percent for me, and it takes longer to root than I like. I have been cloning in straight Coco and get roots to bottom of cup by day 7 on most clones. I am at about 95-100 percent with coco and root tech gel.

BTW, Freezerboy...Cloning is not Voodoo. Environment, temp, humidity, light intensity, moisture level, quality of mother plant, unclean tools and plenty more things aid in success or failure. IMO temps and moisture level being most important. Too cold, takes long or never root...Too hot, fail. Too wet, take long or fail. Not wet enough wilt or fail. Temps are easy to fix, get them to 75 or 80. Moisture level is a harder fix, but once you figure that out your golden.

Grendelkhan

Oh and stop messing with them! Let them be and do what they are going to do. All your doing is working yourself up and getting bad vibes too them. Let them be!

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if they wilted in 10 minutes time after being placed in the collars/in the cloner im thinking maybe the collars are too tight and choking the cuts' stems
ive had new collars do that a few times...

thats my guess

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
The drooping is normal, when clones are cut...like others have said they should perk up within 12-24 hours.

Stay Safe

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
I'ma VooDoo child....

I'ma VooDoo child....

Get the -water- temp up!!!! 75-80 degrees! BC

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
first time i filled mine up I got 100% for 5 months without changing the nasty water, only topping off. The last batch I got 60% so I rinsed it out. EZcloner has been set and forget for me. They do droop the first 12-24 like most have said.

From the looks of the last pics some appear to be perking up, it will probably just take sometime. I would maybe raise the spitter manifold a little higher, you shouldn't be able to lift the lid without getting soaked w/ the pump on.

I usually let mine run for 24 hrs for the first couple of days, then put it on a 15min on 15min off cycle.

Also the light could have been a little intense, has happened to me.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
i had 4 aerocloners 120's and 2 powercloners 145's.

no dome!

no cloning gels or solution!

ph'd, ro water with a few cap fulls of dynagrow grow only!

10-20 mils of bleach

perfection, roots in 5-6 d ays!

double up in all the collars!

looks like your collars were choking the clones off, i never had drooping, only when i fucked a clone up.....

This is how mine start out
picture.php

This is a little over 3 weeks later
picture.php

I use ph r.o and KLN

Herborizer

Veteran
I also didn't have much luck with my aero cloner. I have to admit, I added beneficial bacterias, ro water, etc to the reservoir. The one time that I only used plain tap water and a single scoop of Great White Mychorizea, I got roots faster. I bet if I ran a run with plain tap water and a few ML's of bleach (like krunch), I bet I would see roots in 10-15 days. In my opinion, the aerocloner is too much work (all that cleaning between runs) and it takes a lot of space.

Only cloning that I have had consistent results with is Rockwool. Only bottom feeding the 1inch cubes, once per week. I get roots in 12-17 days.

Right now I am trying cloning in Ice-Tubes: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42847 . I have a lot of hope for this method. It's VERY easy, and take up a very small space. Also, the roots that you get are regular roots and not water roots.

I am also trying a Coco method, which I believe has a lot of promise: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=187029 . If this works well for me, I think I will be trying the Ice Tube method, with Coco instead of vermiculite.

Happy cloning everyone.

P.S. Of all things that are important, I am starting to believe that temperatures of the reservoir/media might be the most critical aspect. I don't know, but I think that anything under 78F will take forever to root.

I personally feel as though cleanliness is next to godliness when it comes to propigation, no matter how you clone.

Nothing beats a good bleach wash down between every use...

Also in my experience I think alot of bacteria, fungus, etc. builds up in the hoses/manifolds of alot of cloning machines. So I always cycle the machine with a couple of oz's of bleach for 24hrs then drain rinse and refill.

odium33

i keep it simple. rapid rooters, soaked in 2-2-2 GH nutes, some myco b +m soak for a few hours, squeeze out like a sponge, cut and poke. 95+% success everytime. i usually end up throwing the last ones out anyways because i cut extra so I can pick the best that are ready first when i need them

Tuhder

Hmmm.

I have never used ro water or Ph for that matter. How bout just plain tap water around 80f under a 400w MH 3 foot above 60 clones. They ALL root within 5 to 7 days, Always.

I was using a flotec sump pump in a rubber maid 50gal tub, Which kept the water nice and warm and the collars were kids pool noodles. The collars you bought are a rip off bro. 1 Kids pool noodle = 20+ collars and cost 3 dollars. I learned that on OG a long time ago.

They do droop, But it never alarmed me because I knew what was going to happen next.

Your cloner doesnt look out of the ordinary in any way but it does look exceptionally ghetto. 1st step is finding a tub that doesnt leak...You have not done that from what I see in your pictures. Here's a little hint, Find a tub with a lid that you can flip upside down that will recess perfectly into the tub...That will eliminate the need for all that leak prevention you got going on there.

Most rubbermaid lids work well for this, Also the tough boxes at home depot work great for this because the lid naturally recesses into the tub on its own. Those are the black bins with the yellow lids that have diamond shapes.

I agree with a post above, chill out and let them do what they are going to do but I definitely suggest re thinking and re building your cloner. You dont even need that many misters, Its over kill.

BTW I have never squeezed mine in the collars, They mainly rest in the collars holding themselves up by a shoot or a pair of shoots....The hole in the collar being twice or three times as large as the stem. Once they root and start to grow again is when they need support....Cuttings dont need support, Their in stasis. But you do need to keep the lower stem wet (and warm) and the upper stem dry, This does not require any kind of squeezing to achieve this. I think aero cloning is a proven method by now, Dont you? I would attribute any failure to user error or design flaw. Dont let everyone complicate this process for you. Here's aero cloning straight up. Dump some water in the tub, turn the pump on and walk away. Its really that simple if all other environmental issues are in check, And you dont need much light, Remember their not in veg yet.

Heres some pics to help you along your way.

You see how the yellow tough box lid already sinks down into the tote? This thing dont leak with the lid on properly.

Now you see how the rubbermaid lid stands way up? All it takes is flipping the lid upside down and that sucker sinks into the tub and does not leak. The black lid is handy also because there is little ambient light making it into the res. I suggest covering the lid with some thing to stop the light from penetrating the res regardless of its color anyways.

Good luck to you sir and dont give up on it just yet, This is a process you need to go thru to learn :) And it may not seem like it now, But its a VERY simple and effective cloning method.

lokes

~Pollinator~
Veteran
Your sig says, "Screw Lucas Formula, we're not in the
'70s anymore." Yet my 70's method of cloning gets 100% and its cheap, cheap, cheap. LMFAO

Sorry couldn't help it. ;-)

Latest posts

Latest posts