What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to Best PRESERVE a Strain with Limited Space/Effort

CannaZen

most of my posts have been nonsense.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]if 5 generations were run,. 1 gen crossed with 2 and 3 separately and then crossed together again at gen 4 what would gen 5 seeds be hybrid.[/FONT]
okay so the more increase in plant numbers the greater the recombinations
How to do it with limited space well first im trying to visualize what that recombination might look like because i've already got all the traits i am looking for in multiple lines; traits thats segregated.

so to crossbreed i might take pink pistillate pheno (unknown recessive or dominant) and crossbreed that to the observational pheno afghanica #1 so to give recessive over dominant one could inbreed to the f2 take seeds from that and cross to bulky broad for other traits. the problem? pink pistil also has the 7 fanleaf trait that might become segregated. would need to take that crossbreed line to the f3 filial 2 geno linebreed crossline, f4 seedline. unknown pink pistil could be multiple recessive and dominant genes in recombination. To do that with limited space well it could still be found tying the knot with generation 5 hybrid. preserving a variety that's segregated by successive recombination

This is where it gets obscure.

you take seeds from gen 5 and cross breed to gens 8 5 and 4 and then take those three lines and cross 2 and 4 together making up 6 four cross 4 five and six making up 10. I'm not sure what generation 10 seeds would be exactly only this combination results in successive recombination of recessive dominants i believe the numbers hit critical exponential entropy in regards to limited space you could count 1 plant each as a generation in regards to inbreeding. I want to better understand this algorithm its like neural networking.

edit: oh and by the way even i dont get it.

Last edited: